Where Is Everybody? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ReleeSquirrel, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReleeSquirrel

ReleeSquirrel Avatar

These forums seem terribly short on people, for a game on Kickstarter that's almost at a million dollars. Where's the hordes of drooling fanboys?

Well, I guess if you're old enough to be an Ultima fan you're probably past the drooling by now, but still, it's shocking to me that my posts are sticking around so long after I make them. They've straight up said that they're depending on forum discussions to shape the direction they go with Shroud of the Avatar, but the forums are so quiet!

Make some noise, people! Especially, make noise encouraging them to implement my suggestions! Thank you.

<i>Mostly I'm worried everybody is in some OTHER forum I don't know about. I'm an Early Responder! I ought to know about any secret forums.</i>

2. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

I think if people got onto Twitter and Facebook and liked the game, others would latch on very quickly. I know I send out a blast to all my high school friends about it. They didn't even know it existed until I mentioned it. In their defense though, most have given up the gaming hobby over the years.... I'm the last one! *sniff* :,(

3. KFC

KFC Avatar

People it's one question - but where are devs? RG?

They rarely comment on Kickstarter, here only Firelotus is answering from time to time some questions..
    And "Ask Lord British" thread is full of questions, but no answers.

Maybe that's why? People see that Portalarium has better things to do than bother commenting on Kickstarter page, posting on forums etc...

4. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

@KFC

Um, RG just posted something yesterday and I also saw at least two dev posts on the threads I'm watching. Further the Kickstarter page has been updated almost daily since it was put up.

Did you even look before you posted or are you just trolling?

5. KFC

KFC Avatar

Yes he posted (literally ONE post here since 12 days) "Hello people, be assured we are reading your feedback" period. Great answer for those thousands of questions. Same with other devs..

I'm not trolling, I've just seen much better Kickstarter handling with community, not only made by one PR girl aka Firelotus.

I'm not talking about updates, I'm talking about their active commenting here and on Kickstarter page.

6. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

KFC you need to stop complaining and join in the fun! This is a positive project with a positive community. RG posted something yesterday and there have been several interviews. It seems that RG and his team have been working 7 days a week to get this game on the road. I doubt that there is enough hours in a day for him or his team to answer all the questions on these forums, let alone read your negative posts.

7. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

One reason it may seem that there is a lack of Dev activity is the lack of a Dev Tracker, which is something we are working on implementing. Rome wasn't built in a day, and unfortunately SotA won't be either. :)

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

not to mention the "pre-pre-alpha" state of the forum right? ;)

In some ways I'm glad my posts haven't been knocked to the 2nd page.. but I'd like to think the topics I choose to start and content are worth discussion and the devs are watching.. which I'm sure they are but it's frustating cause I want to see a good discussion in those threads. I just remind myself I need to patient, the devs ARE paying attention and we still have a LONG way to go until alpha.

SotA was only announced a couple weeks ago. LOT of people out there haven't heard of it yet. It's only us gaming geeks who knew about it right away let alone realise its significance in gaming. Hard though it may be to believe the average gamer doesn't even know who RG is! *gasp*

Forum activity will pick up before you know it.. especially into the months leading up to alpha and more so into beta. I expect my threads (unless stickied) will be bumped to page 3+ on a daily basis before you know it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.