$1000 Pledge and Ships ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Cleome Arachnid, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

I'd bump my pledge if ships were one of the awards!

2. tphilipp

tphilipp SotA Dev Moderator SOTA Developer

A little background info - this thread is supposed to be a collection of thoughts and ideas that were floating around in the chat for a tier in between Citizen ($500) and Lord ($1500).

- would make it less of a blocker to update from a Citizen level to something higher
    - one naming suggestion was 'Marquis'

Share your thoughts about possible rewards, etc..

Thank you!

3. Knight Commander Zingor

Knight Commander Zingor Avatar

$1000 is still too rich for my blood, but if there were a $600-$700 I could probably swing it.

And I love Marquis as the tier title.

4. Lord Bruce

Lord Bruce Avatar

I guarantee to double-down if you make this tier. There, it's in writing.

If you make ships, whomever pledges this level gets to name a ship because we all know they must have a name.

Like always, everything up to this level is also included.

Title suggestions:
    Marquis, Honored Citizen, Captain (if boats).

5. coolphoenix

coolphoenix Avatar

Pledge $2,000 or more

Knight
    ==========================================================
    Signed SOTA script from RG and Tracy Hickman
    Digital 4 part comic from great story teller Tracy Hickman
    in-game sword designed by RG
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Lord Level Rewards
    Estimated delivery: Oct 2014

6. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I'd also suggest changing the Lord of the Manor title to Earl. Makes more sense imo. Real titles tend are attached to land rights too, consequently the full title of a noble acknowledges that too: eg. Baron John Smith of Garriot County.

This is easy to do for Citizen level where you have Citizen John Smith of Garriotshire but harder to do at upper levels where the titles are more specific as they relate to a very well defined place. There is only one Lord, Baron, Duke of any one place. Just some food for thought.

7. Lord Kei

Lord Kei Avatar

Generally for people to part $1000 into a game, there has to be intrinsic value in the rewards. One way of achieving that is making things rare or limited and allowing people to trade (think house)

-KS only permanent ship which can be traded between players.
    -larger village lot so that it supports bigger village homes.

I would also like to push for a $2000 tier that allows placing of town homes at the best spots in the town, perhaps in adjacent lots right beside a bank.

8. Icepick2

Icepick2 Avatar

Or...$1000 gets you a town home, but $1500 gets you premium placement. No need for an additional $2000 tier. There aren't a lot of backers @$1500 right now as it is. I imagine if they open up townhomes @1000 there will be quite a few takers, and then those who have pledged @ lord get priority placement and some other additional rewards as well.

9. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

Yes, agreed Jatvardur.

So, re-imagining the upper tier pledges, $1000 captain (ooo I want to sail the high seas and battle the Krakens), $1500 Lord, $2000 Knight, Baron and Duke are fine, but make the $10000 Marquis!

10. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

oh I dont really care about the name, what I do care is that there is a $1K pledge and some good incentive to entice me!

How about some kind of unique, collectable furniture?

11. Vianla

Vianla Avatar

I do like Marquis / Marquise, it has a nice ring to it and it fits the current naming style well. As for renaming and re ordering current tiers titles, they already don't follow the standard order and people are fine with it so I would stay well away from doing that. People who pledged may like their current title and could be quite upset if it was changed, in otherwords that's dangerous to do and should be avoided.

As for the price $700 - $750 seems like a nice jump although it isn't directly in the middle it is quite a bit easier to grasp than the jump to $1500, and the point here is to get people who are already at $500 to jump up to this one.

Maybe add some custom housing things, little flags with the family crest on it from the $100 tier? "Garden" that spawns a small handful reagents once per day, mostly it just looks nice but its both functional and a low / slow spawn so as to not be over powered or farmable ( similar to the fruit idea in the $50 tier but with reagents )? Citizen and above will all have houses so it seems like a good place to direct the reward as all of these people clearly care about them.

Agreed most of the titles in real life are in the spirit of "Lord of X" "Baron of X" "Marquis of X" with X being a place, so it might be cool if we were given the option in those higher tiers that grant deeds to pick between showing just the title, or the title and city of where our house is. So "Lord X of Y" or Just "Lord X" with the choice being up to the player. It adds immersion and its probably cheep to do ;)

12. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

well said Elsad. How about a special house design only available in KS housing deeds?

13. Lord Bruce

Lord Bruce Avatar

I think owning a customizable tree house would be cool. My idea is that throughout the world, there are "special" trees that can be claimed with a property deed and turned into a tree house that can be improved over time. Start simple and end up with Swiss Family Robinson.

Also, with houseboats, have the ability to park one along random shore or river bank locations and then "refine" them would be cool.

14. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Good lord, the update today was awesome. If you put in a $600-750 tier with some very tempting things, I might up the ol' pledge from Citizen. $1000 is too far for me. For what its worth, I lean on the side of physical goods vs. in-game ... though the idea of unique house types to choose from limited to KS house deeds does sound quite nice too...

15. EKiN

EKiN Avatar

I think many of us on the fence are trying to justify village > town houses? What exactly are the benefits? (aside from helping the project)

16. Knight Commander Zingor

Knight Commander Zingor Avatar

I'm in the same situation as Vamppire, I would absolutely go for a $750 tier.

17. coolphoenix

coolphoenix Avatar

Pledge $1000 or more
    ================================================================================
    Mayor Level -

in-game item created by Chris Roberts of Star Citizen ( weapon or armor)
    House Deed in town up on a hill
    CONCEPT ART BOOK - signed by Stephen Daniele
    SOTA T-Shirt design from Stephen Daniele
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Developer Level Rewards
    Estimated delivery: Oct 2014

18. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Osullivan LLTS
    Participant
    Pledge $nothing
    ================================================================================
    No Level -

in-game item created by no-one of nothing ever. ( nada or zilch)
    Absolutely nothing in no where up on a nothing
    More nothing ? signed by no one
    Nada designed from nobody
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes zilch
    Estimated delivery: never

19. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Happy April Fools Day! Cant't wait for this game and these awesome ideas! LLTS

20. Atmosfear

Atmosfear Avatar

Would love a $750 Tier with "Sir" as title. For the $10,000 tier, why change the name to Earl or Marquis? Those titles rank below dukes (granted, so does the "Lord of the Manor Title," but it does fit in with the Britannia Manor visit concept). Marquis title also is jumping ahead of baron :)

Otherwise, great ideas on this thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.