1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68185] Amanda/Syenna/Harbormaster Avitas quest can't be resolved w/ Amanda

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Duursyrras, Oct 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

10/14/2020 21:51
    Reproduction Rate: persistent through Unity crashes and legitimate logout/logins.
    Blocker? all native, 3rd party firewalls and blockers disabled/whitelisted: this cpu is DMZ for diag. issues
    Details: Accepted quest from Amanda the Ghost, spoken with Harbormaster Avitas, *task list* updated with *Talk with Amanda* after he explains they've both been dead for centuries, and no dialogue with Amanda resolves the quest; Anpu on Discord actually ran the quest while i waited and verified he/she was presented with different dialogue selections. i've exhausted all provided options, tried many typing manually, sourced the journal for keywords, and tried every way of telling Amanda that her SISTER IS DEAD! xD here's a snippet of our Discord convo:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NAoomTdN832xBhMK8WxlCTOcRgX1Dwtx/view?usp=sharing
    Steps to Reproduce: persists
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5557U CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 6100 GPU RAM: 1536
    SotA.OSX.64.1295.Date.10.02.20
    Area: Novia_R2_City_Etceter/Etceter
    Area Display Name: Etceter
    Loc: (-166.9, 45.1, 31.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfQ2l0eV9FdGNldGVyfEV0Y2V0ZXJ8KC0xNjYuODU2LCA0NS4wNjQsIDMxLjA5MSl8KDAsIC0wLjU0NCwgMCwgMC44MzkpfDI5NC4wODJ8MTB8MTcuNjUwOA==

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah I was able to confirm this quest was working fine for my 2 live test characters. No issues. I do know this person is unfortunately having some issues with the game (crashes and disconnects) which is possibly the reason for this not being able to be complete? I don’t know that for certain.

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Duursyrras Thanks for the report. I tried to look at your Google doc but it's private. However, I mentioned to the team that your quest issue is possibly connectivity related and Chris/Atos said he's seem some similar connectivity issues lately and has been looking into them. So with the little info we have, it's possibly not specific to you and Chris/Atos is looking into this issues in general. If you're still having issues that seem to be related, please an update here with additional details and I'll submit your info to one of our programmers for review.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

thanks both of you.

sadly, it would appear something i've done broke the quest for my instance, as i've now just confirmed the problem on my new cpu:

11/05/2020 12:26
    Title: Amanda the Ghost problem
    Reproduction Rate: same problem on 2 different computers OS's using this char
    Blocker? no
    Details: Details: Accepted quest from Amanda the Ghost, spoken with Harbormaster Avitas, *task list* updated with *Talk with Amanda* after he explains they've both been dead for centuries, and no dialogue with Amanda resolves the quest; Anpu on Discord actually ran the quest while i waited and verified he/she was presented with different dialogue selections. i've exhausted all provided options, tried many typing manually, sourced the journal for keywords, and tried every way of telling Amanda that her SISTER IS DEAD! xD here's a snippet of our Discord convo:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NAoomTdN832xBhMK8WxlCTOcRgX1Dwtx/view?usp=sharing
    Steps to Reproduce: persists
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics (16) System RAM: 15789
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.1306.Date.11.03.20
    Area: Novia_R2_City_Etceter/Etceter
    Area Display Name: Etceter
    Loc: (-163.5, 45.1, 29.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfQ2l0eV9FdGNldGVyfEV0Y2V0ZXJ8KC0xNjMuNTIyLCA0NS4wNjYsIDI5LjgxNil8KDAsIDEsIDAsIDAuMDA5KXwxNjkuMjE3NHwzMi41Mzk1MXwzLjg0NjI4OA==

5. Sannio

@Duursyrras I don't have enough information from this post to say what the problem is. I'll have to log into your account and look at your character's quest state. Issue #68185

6. Sannio

Looks like you may have logged into your account while I was logged in as your character (because I was kicked out before I was done and put your character back where it started. Sorry about any confusion from your entering the game in the wrong scene.

I didn't get all the info I wanted, but I suspect you actually finished the quest in a way that didn't archive your task to talk to Amanda. This happens sometimes. Usually, these tasks/journal entries have an extra safety feature which clears the task after the fact, but this one doesn't. I'll set up that safety feature, but I think it won't be in until next release.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

sorry, if anythings missing, i'm happy to provide; that link from before should work now...guess Google's distinguishing between 'added' recipients and 'anyone with the link,' now, my bad:

thanks to all of you for actively doing all this work, i think i can speak for many if not most in saying, that is much appreciated.

here's hoping all of you and yours are doing and well getting better.

sin,

m

Sannio likes this.
  8. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

xD think we were both posting here at the same time too xD it's all good now that i found the 'remove from task list' function, but it's nice to have a clean journal too since we can't search or sort it. regardless, CHEERS!

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.