Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Focus generating at 1 per second during combat.

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Pawz, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Even with food, focus is only generating at 1 point per second, you have to exit combat completely for it to regenerate.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

For me it was nearer 1 per 10 seconds!!!

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Food buffs do not apply in combat. This is by design. If food buffs of any kind are being applied in combat, that is a bug.

We are introducing more styles of potions that can be used while in combat to give that competitive edge desired, and restore/regenerate focus/health.

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Attenwood, ok but even without food buffs on live, Im getting 3 a second... not 1 like every 10... so are we saying focus regen has now specifically gone down?

zreamo likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wow, it was already tough enough as it was. Was this really necessary? Do you guys continually need to whip out the stick and beat us with it?

margaritte and zreamo like this.
  6. zreamo

zreamo Avatar

While not in combat but with drawn wands, I usually have 5 focus per tick. Now it is 1 which means focus does not really regenerate. I think this makes a huge disadvantage for mage players.

And @Attenwood: Who should use buff food that regenerates focus when not using focus like in combat. Will crafting use focus, too?

7. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I have always been able to stay in combat stance while not fighting and regen focus, I could even regen enough focus during combat to wait 10-15 sec and cast another spell, now I can't. I must exit combat completely to regen focus. Meaning, with my pet out, I can now kill 2-3 mobs then I have to run to a safe area to regen focus. Pretty broken!

Seems you're trying to force people to use the new regen potions? If so all you did was take what we had and tell us we can buy it back via the new potions. Kinda like selling me the air I breathe! If it's not a bug, you're going to lose a lot of people over it.

8. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

You could be right, I only played for about 5 min, I assumed this was a bug so I logged out as it's far too hard to test like this!

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Same, I ran around and tested outfits, tested crafting, testing combat is just too tedious with the current focus regen rate.

10. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

@Attenwood, Darkstarr has made note that this is not by design and is, in fact, a bug.

11. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I stated that food buffs not applying focus is by design, which it is. Has been for a long time.

I did neglect to mention, however, that I had written the bug for review on focus regen in general being too slow. Bug ID: 39896

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  12. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Thanks :) I was more or less commenting about the title being "[By Design]Focus generating at 1 per second during combat." It's been corrected now, so the universe is at peace! :) Yay, miscommunications all around!

Attenwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.