1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] Decoration not "reset" when moved to Bank or Inventory

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Dr. Hirnbrand, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Dr. Hirnbrand

Dr. Hirnbrand Avatar

09/19/2021 14:55
    Title: Large planting bed is not reset when moved to/from bank or inventory. No longer placeable
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    I have a few planing beds that are not usable anymore since I have the decoration on my lot moved to the bank via the "store in bank" option on the lot marker.
    I have tried to reset them by trading them with another character, which seem to have reset some of them. But maybe I have missed some.

Steps to Reproduce: Not sure why these planters are exceptional. Probably, because they were part of an 'alphaine'-type construction experiment.
    [​IMG]
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU RAM: 8151
    SotA.Win.64.1443.Date.09.12.21
    Area: PlayerDungeon_GreyStone
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (22.5, 0.0, -57.2)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9HcmV5U3RvbmV8fCgyMi40NzksIDAsIC01Ny4yMDMpfCgwLCAwLjY1NiwgMCwgMC43NTUpfDQxMC42MTcxfDUwLjE5MjUzfDE4

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Dr. Hirnbrand, i do not know what to do with this, as i cannot verify it myself, but you may be able to reset them through the mail. mail them to an unrelated character, have them try to place them on a lot they own (not just have permissions on), and, if they place correctly, have them mail them back.

3. Dr. Hirnbrand

Dr. Hirnbrand Avatar

Will it help if I tell you on how to reproduce it?

How to break your large planter:

1. Put down some rotated deco items
    2. Put the planter on top
    3. Change the lot/house so the content ends up in the bank
    4. When you drag it from the bank, it is 90° rotated on the wrong axis.

If you put 2 rotated blocks on top of each other, the planter is flipped upside down.
    With 1 block, it is only 90° rotated.
    When you move items in/out of the inventory while decorating, it seems to properly reset. Just after the bank transfer it is broken.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

okay, and is this NOT the bug alphaine uses that the devs have said they aren't going to fix?

5. Dr. Hirnbrand

Dr. Hirnbrand Avatar

The bug the alphaine uses is in there. It is the first step.
    But I do not really understand what transfering items to the bank when tearing down your construction has to do with it?
    I had hoped everything that is transferred to the bank ends up in pristine condition. Because it seems to reset properly when I move it to my inventory.
    And to trigger the alphaine-bug the transfer to bank is not necessary.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  6. Dr. Hirnbrand

Dr. Hirnbrand Avatar

Ok. As you suggested, I mailed the planters to an alt on a different account, that also owns the main quest reward village lot.
    On that lot, the broken planters are not placeable, nor did they revert to their original rotation when sent by mail.

7. Dr. Hirnbrand

Dr. Hirnbrand Avatar

I was finally able to reset the planters to pristine state by using my vendor to trade them between accounts.