Grouping, non RNG crafting, quest markers and zoning

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jenshae, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenshae

Jenshae Avatar

It is late, I am tired and these have probably been suggested before.

Friend list

It would be nice to have different levels of friendship in sorted groups.

• Actual friends.
    • Trusted friends (AFK status, property permissions, etc keeping in mind PVP concerns).
    • Guild mates (because you add everyone to know where they are and can teleport to them).
    • Random mobile teleport points.

"Simple one would be a toggle to the right of each name, between friend and teleport acquaintance for appearances only." - Rohdon

Inventory

Similar to the chat window, a cog option to make a tab with filters.

I would like to show collected resources, iron, cotton, wood, hide and so forth. That way, I can see how many of each I have when on a gathering run at a glance and what weights they are taking up. (I am sure other people will want other configurations with this).

Crafting

Removed the RNG component from master working and enchanting.

Currently, you grind the resources, then you grind to get a high durability, exceptional item, then you ... BOOM! You just lost all of that. Start again.

Mini-games are irritating but would actually involve some player "skill" and "challenge."

For example, a top down view of a molten sword, the metal is hot and you need to "hit" the bulges that develop with your mouse, while "pumping" the bellows at the right rhythm with keyboard, the sword changes colours, giving you a chance to quick bar in other metal layers to it (e.g. soft core, hard shell). Then with further colour changes, your chance to add herbs for alchemy enchantments. (Dare I mention casting spells that we currently have available in order to power these further or add more enchantments?)
    Finally, quenching it, in water, oil, honey or blood depending on the metal type (and spell type?), for not too short or long a time, losing durability if it is too soft, brittle or definitely the wrong liquid.

Crafting RNG consideration

Skill in many games are often used as a max cap.

• 50 skill gives you a random roll of 0 to 50.
    • 100 skill gives you a random roll of 0 to 100.
    When ever there is a curve with reduced gains, death reductions or drains, please reduce the ranges.
    For example:

• 50 skill has a range of 25 to 50
    • 90 skill has a range of 80 to 92
    • 100 skill has a range of 97 to 100

Construction

Buildings made of granite, can you give the builder a "cement" option? This would make it one object, removing unnecessary nodes and maybe some textures.

Quest Markers

Being on Linux, I lack a map, it would really help to be able to remove that sea of blue markers from my compass and delete out broken quests.

Example, I ran into a NPC, he asked me to take a message to someone, I finish that quest. Then I talk further and get a quest to go to that NPC and find out what is happening. I return to the first NPC but he won't give me the message that he already gave me. Useless quest that is stuck on compass and in journal.

Zone Loading

I recently went from running Shroud on a standard magnetic SATA drive to an M.2 drive. I have hardly noticed a difference when loading maps.

Are the maps checking for updates and then loading or are they loading and then altering the map with any updates?
    (Updates include map changes but can also mean players, mob positions, alive or dead, wood and iron, etc)

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    St Drahcir and Nick like this.
  2. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

The blowing up of items will be gone with masterworking/enchanting as of R53 - instead, when you fail a small amount of durability will be removed and the item locked from further masterworking/enchanting.

3. Jenshae

Jenshae Avatar

Thanks. Less painful but still heavily RNG, though. :) + :( = :confused:

4. Jenshae

Jenshae Avatar

Added a map loading section.

5. Jenshae

Jenshae Avatar

Anyone else get to a certain level and fall into the doldrums?

Love, Truth and Courage done, bunch of quests. Not high enough to raid ... then what?

6. Jenshae

Jenshae Avatar

Construction added.

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I would like to comment on your Skills vs RNG criticism. Something that Chris decided with how the skill system works, is that he wants it to function so that anyone can fight anyone and anything, so basically, skills will get just a small adjustment as levels go up. If he would settle with a system like you are proposing, basically reducing the RNG factor to a minimum as you go, the issue will be that a lvl 100 skill with clearly outclass a lvl 40 skill, which will give the guy with more game time a clear and obvious advantage, so lower level people won't see any fun in fighting someone with a bunch of GMs.
    With the current system, yes, the 20GMs dude is stronger than me, but I still have a chance because he won't be hitting constant 90s while I get anything from 10's to 70s.

8. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

We can do away with crafting rng when we get to the interactive form of crafting slated for episode 2, I think. This will potentially replace the rng aspect with a multi step, interactive crafting experience like in eq2 or vanguard, is my understanding.

9. Jenshae

Jenshae Avatar

Clarified it by putting it under crafting.

Wurm does handle the multiple weaker players vs high player well. Flanking is powerful.
    However, there is no formation or blocking, can't stand back to back to prevent it.

10. Jenshae

Jenshae Avatar

11. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

This I do not like because these recipes were originally discoverable, then sold on vendors but now only rare loot drops. So those of us who waited for launch get screwed and of course, like everything else, it's up to us to buy it from the other players who don't need it because they learned it for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.