Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

resolved - Inconsistant MW values

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Elnoth, Dec 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

12/12/2019 11:19
    Title: Inconsistant MW values
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? no
    Details:While tetsing some masterwork values on QA, I noticed that some numbers would actually go down as you levelled the skill. What I had done was use an obsidian item of unlearning to set my Masterwork Chain
    Armor skill back to 1, then I was masterworking boots and recording the values of certain affixes as the skill levelled. The data I collected is as follows:

[​IMG]

I have highlighted the inconsistant data section in pink. It shows the value for Armor Defense Masterwork going from 9.6 at skill 11 back down to 9 at skill 13. In the broader picture, the inconsistancy seems to start at skill lvl 10, where a consistant increase of .1 per level from skill lvl 1 through to 9 jumps to an increase of .4 at skill lvl 10.

Steps to Reproduce: Masterwork chain boots from skill level 1 through to x and note the values of the masterwork affixes as the skill increases. Other masterwork affixes and trees may want to be checked.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz (12) System RAM: 24566
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6097
    SotA.QA.Win.64.900.Date.12.05.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Jade Valley
    Area Display Name: Jade Valley
    Loc: (-14.0, 38.0, 258.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEphZGUgVmFsbGV5fCgtMTMuOTU4LCAzNy45OTcsIDI1OC44MTkpfCgwLCAtMC43NzIsIDAsIC0wLjYzNil8MTAxLjAzNDN8MTB8My45MDUwNDk=

Rinaldi, Diego Mas, Charon and 4 others like this.
  2. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

OK I went back over my results with a fine tooth comb and I think I can explain the 3 inconsistant data values:

The first at skill lvl 10, I had a MW failure on the first attempt and this may have skewed the 9.2 result
    The 2nd at skill lvl 11, this was a 2nd MW on the item and skewed the 9.6 result
    The 3rd at skill lvl 23, this was a 2nd MW on the item and skewed the 9.9 result

Without these 3 errors the data looks bug free.

Rinaldi, Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.