Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Sean Silverfoot, Jan 16, 2016.
Here are 2 of my favorites from back in time (1969). When songs were big productions of 6 minutes or more and were best listened to when medicated.
King Crimson was Founded by Robert Fripp, Michael Giles, Greg Lake, Ian McDonald and lyricist Peter Sinfield
King Crimson have been influential both on the early 1970s progressive rock movement and numerous contemporary artists. Genesis and Yes were directly influenced by the band's initial style of symphonic Mellotron rock, and many King Crimson band members were involved in other notable bands: Lake in Emerson, Lake & Palmer (some of whose songs can be regarded stylistically as Lake's attempt to continue the early work of King Crimson); McDonald in Foreigner; Burrell in Bad Company, and Wetton in U.K. and Asia. Canadian rock band Rush's drummer Neil Peart credited the adventurous and innovative style of Michael Giles on his own approach to percussion.
The Court of the Crimson King (9minutes)
21st Century Schizoid Man (7 minutes)
They just legalized a certain "plant" in Thailand and we're all happy about that!
In honor of my all-time crush, Jennifer Connelly!
Anyone who's chatted with me late-night knows that I should take the title of this song literally.
I have been finding these Asian group's dance videos interesting because:
1) It's the moves in K-Pop's more talented groups that reach the level of Kung-Fu in their difficulty of mastery.
2) My 22 Yo/Niece who is Thai watches these videos constantly while dancing all around our apartment with her friends trying to get each move right.
3) Thailand and Korea have an affinity for each other, though they have few tourists from there and most all Thai do not know the Korean language, but they are crazy about K-Pop.
4) Having grown up in Korea in my young adult life in the mid 1970s, I always marvel at how far that country has evolved, because when I was there, it was nothing but rice fields and farmers.
5) All of the above being highly distracting from doing anything else, because of (the obvious), but also because I don't speak much Thai, they don't speak any English and it would be futile to ask them to stop especially when my Wife keeps dancing with them when she sees a dance move she wants to try.
AND So... reason #6) My song of the day is totally unavoidable, BLACKPINK's, "Forever Young"...
This has been "Tales from Time Lord's Torture Chamber"
Hahaha, this cracked me up!
New Shoes · Leadley
OMG · Gryffin, Carly Rae Jepsen
A song written and performed by Tommy Chong before he became a comedian...
(A song all about problems in inter racial couples and mixed raced partners)~TL~
Children Of Light II · Meg Myers
Separate names with a comma.