1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Disable all Lua Add-Ons by using '/lua unload' in local chat or temporarily move all files/folders out of the SotA Lua folder then restart the game.
      Ensure the issue still occurs before submitting a bug; Support staff will not debug Add-On issues
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Need More Info] Leaving Tutorial

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Trosh, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Trosh

Trosh Avatar

Trying to leave tutorial. My objectives are Train in a Skill. Rescue Charlotte, Escape Battle of Solace Bridge.

Can't train a skill.. maybe I already have them? it either ways "lace on hotbar" or "this this skill cannot be learned at this trainer"

No way past it.

2. Trosh

Trosh Avatar

Update.. had to un-learn a skill so I could re-learn it at the trainer in order for him to open the gate.. was lvl 21, is now lvl 1

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

I wonder if the train a skill works if trained at the more competent skill trainers outside the outskirts. Eg say soltown

4. Uncle Sven

Uncle Sven Avatar

I have also had something similar.
    Trained every skill that sbg 1907 will train, and the barrier is still up.

5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Which zone aren’t you able to leave? The first one? It looks like @Trosh can’t leave the first. There shouldn’t be a train skill requirement at that point. Or wasn’t when I went through at the weekend.

@Uncle Sven it sounds like you are in the outskirts.

6. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Training a skill (and dragging it to the hotbar) is currently supposed to be a requirement for the trainer to release the magical barrier over the gate. Was when I went through this weekend. But also, when I went through, the ONLY skills 1907 had available were the initial archery skills. Rather disappointing for a new character who'd prefer some other playstyle.

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Hiya! I've got some questions for you.
    1. Do you recall which skill you had to unlearn?
    2. Was this a new character and did you play through the whole tutorial in one session? Or was this a character that was created before the trainer was added and you came back to finish the tutorial? (When we added the trainer, I tried to account for "grandfathered" players who might be coming back with characters already waiting in the tutorial, and if this is your case I'm trying to find out more info to help account for such circumstances.)