1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67263] failed to give both troll toenails

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Urwendor, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urwendor

Urwendor Avatar

Tarian moved away and the window closed before I could give him both nails.

[​IMG]

2. Urwendor

Urwendor Avatar

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

What's the actual bug? Are you reporting the NPC moved while you were in a conversation? (That happens sometimes.)

4. Urwendor

Urwendor Avatar

It shouldn't have taken the quest item. It's stupid to fail a quest because the npc don't stand still while giving items!

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You said the window disappeared before you could hand them in. Did you then try to turn them in again? Or did something else happen?

6. Urwendor

Urwendor Avatar

I lost the left toenail and only had the right toenail in the inventory. So I couldn't finish the quest.

And I had no more gaming time left that day for SoTA.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When the window was up briefly, and you tried to turn in the toenails, you had given him the left on and then the window closed. The left toenail disappeared? It shouldn’t have obviously. Is this what happened?

8. Urwendor

Urwendor Avatar

yes

Anpu likes this.
  9. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the extra info. This is a weird one. I've never heard of an NPC taking only part of a trade offering. It's always all or nothing. I'll take a look. Issue #67263

Anpu likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I have been able to successfully turn in this quest for several weeks without issue. Even if the turn in window closes while trying to turn in the toenails (like getting attacked by the Relic Hunter outside). I also just tested getting the Relic Hunters attention, running in and speaking to Tarian, handing him only one toenail and then waited, the turn in window closed, from being attacked. I then killed the Relic Hunter and spoke to Tarian again. I still had both toenails on me and turned both of them in without issue.

08/23/2020 17:41
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1269.Date.08.16.20
    Area: Novia_R6_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Tenebris Harbor
    Loc: (-93.7, 31.9, -125.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgtOTMuNzA4LCAzMS44OSwgLTEyNS4zNTYpfCgwLCAtMC43MzEsIDAsIDAuNjgyKXwyNjYuNDAwNXwzMy4wMjYxNHwzLjg2MDY2Mw==

I confirmed this was now working correctly in build 1269. I have not seen any other issues with this at all in the current build of 1276.

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.