1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 66366] ''Save the Isabella" quest "Train in a skill"

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations & NPCs' started by WarerBrow, Feb 4, 2020.

1. WarerBrow

WarerBrow Avatar

I'm sorry for bad English, so.
    I created new character, and my path is path of Love. In the first game location called bridge of Solace, there is a trainer-robot, who will let me go through magical barrier only if i will learn a skill from him.
    But i can't do that! The only school availbable to look at, is ranged combat school. And every goddamn skill is grey. Is there a way to continue playing? :D Screens added.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Currently you do not pick a virtue path. Everyone starts in The Battle of Solace Bridge.

You must select and train one of those archer skills and then drag that archer skill you trained to your combat bar.

3. WarerBrow

WarerBrow Avatar

How can i select and train, if all of them are unavailable either already trained?

i've lured youtube for walkthrough's , and all of them are 2017 or earlier, none of videos include this robot, this seems to be kinda new addition.
    i insist that quest is bugged

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you using a new character or an older character?

5. WarerBrow

WarerBrow Avatar

I'm a novice to this game. New. And i cannot create second one, otherwise i'd try to make this quest with him.

6. WarerBrow

WarerBrow Avatar

Oh... It's an older character. Looks like, i created him in the end of 2018 on older bad PC, so, i deleted game before watching in the mirror of oracle (choosing face properties). Today i continued as a faceless shadow, created my bearded char and stuck here. So... Should i delete this one and create new?

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You do not actually need to ever go in this scene. There’s nothing in this area that is related to the Main Quest.

I would do the following. Click Options and then click on Exit to Menu.

Then select start on Overland Map and continue on. No need to delete anything.

8. WarerBrow

WarerBrow Avatar

I have no such an option as start on world map. It is grey too.
    I deleted my char and created new one.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Toular

Toular Avatar

Actually, from the screenshot, it looks like all you need to do is double-click on the gate to the right and continue ... Once you learn a skill from the automaton the magical barrier preventing passage through the gate is lifted and you can continue.

Anpu likes this.
  10. WarerBrow

WarerBrow Avatar

nah, you're wrong. i tried it.
    the problem is, i gained skills during training with lil girl in the oracles forest. like tutorial.
    which now is not existing.
    and then i continued playing in second, modern "tutorial" in solace bridge, which contains this robot trainer for new characters without any skills learned.
    as guy in previous post said - it just old character problem, so i deleted him and created new one.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@WarerBrow As you say, you have an "old character problem." The current version of the Battle of Solace Bridge mostly assumes you are playing a new character. When the Battle of Solace Bridge was changed to become the new first scene, I tried to account for characters like yours--old characters that were being continued from the original Isle of Storms, Anais's extended tutorial in Isle of Storms, or transitioning directly from the original Battle of Solace Bridge. The automaton trainer activity was the hardest to account for these old characters and I see now I didn't cover all the bases. I suspect your new character probably had no issues, but when I have time I will take a look at the trainer and see if there is something obvious that I can improve.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  12. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

By the way, this is now issue #66366. (I'm working on it right now.)

Paladin Michael and Anpu like this.