1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68366] Some issues seen in East Reach Gap Control Point

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Justiciar, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

1. Title: Some issues seen in ERG
    2. Reproducible? As below
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: See Below
    5. Steps to Reproduce: See Below
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only) 16GB, intel Core i5-6600 duo 3.3GHz, Win10
    Issue I: Skelrin's Root/Stun/etc. has a blank debuff icon so it's not easy to see why you can't move. Could also be from Lich Mage and/or Skeleton Archmages. Reproducible: 100%.
    Issue II: When we leave, mobs often get stuck in open gate doors, walking in circles. They may or may not act as if leashing (zero damage). Reproducible: 100% for them getting stuck there, but it's random if they wander into the doors or walk around them.
    Issue III: Sometimes the gate door will be broken open but will not allow you through it. If you are inside the gate when this happens, it can be difficult to find the gate bar to click on it to open the door. If you are outside often you can try to kick the door in again and it will show the animation for cracking a few times and then breaking. Reproducible: Rare (5%?).

Echondas likes this.
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Verified the rooted debuff with no icon - not sure which mob caused it, there was nothing in the log.

[​IMG]

When testing earlier using the Ulfheim Dragon (Monsters/Dragons/Dragon_B15_WhiteAncient_Ulfheim.prefab) it caused a knocked down debuff with a blank icon earlier on a elite skeleton archer:

[​IMG]

Also saw this unknown fire DOT:

[​IMG]

I also think I saw a blank square 'stunned' debuff but it was so fast I couldn't get a screenshot.

I couldn't get the mobs 'stuck' in the door when fleeing .. but I was the only player in the scene(master) .. so that visual issue could be related to networking: , inaccurate position updating,etc.

I have previously experienced the door appearing to be in an open position and being blocked from running through.. but I could not repro it today.. I suspect also something to do with networking..

I was able to get the door unusable from the non-CP side:
    Spamming E to interact but being interrupted by mobs when fleeing, and unable to open the door, my 2nd character (scene master) was unable to then open the door from the opposite side.. I needed to open it from the CP side after getting the mobs away.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Justiciar Was just watching a party in ERG and saw this happen - when the party ran after attenuating, one of the skeleton archers leashed back to the gate, and did a spin in front of it for about 2 seconds in the left hand corner of the gate before walking through the open gate.. it had some kind of VFX on it also that looked like some kind of green gnats..

I got some of the remaining mobs to engage and then leash back.. and one of them did a spin in front of the closed gate, before opening it, and running through.

4. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68366

5. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Hi. As an FYI, generally when ERG groups exit some players wills stand at the doors and provide cover as the rest flee. Generally this is when mobs tend to run face-first into doors: either exiting to try to get to players or running back when leashing. Unless you are actually on the main path out (that is, neither on the rock ledges nor near the bushes) it is almost certain that any leashing mob will run face-first into doors, and the rock ledges provide the height bonus that players seek when battling so you really don't see a lot of players standing right in the middle and fighting it out. Thanks.