1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] The NPC model used for Default Town Criers is invisible

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, Jun 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

06/15/2021 16:49
    Title: Invisible Default(?) Town Criers
    Reproduction Rate: 100% of tested
    Blocker? No
    Details: Town Criers are invisible in POTs and some NPC towns, but otherwise function as normal. Presumably only affecting Town Criers of the default pattern?
    Steps to Reproduce: Observe (or, uh, don't observe?) a Town Crier.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (16) System RAM: 16208
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1206.Date.06.11.21
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Arlia
    Area Display Name: Arlia
    Loc: (139.2, 36.2, -112.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxBcmxpYXwoMTM5LjIxOSwgMzYuMjEsIC0xMTIuNTc1KXwoMCwgMC4wMzcsIDAsIDAuOTk5KXwtMTYuNDg2MXwzMy41OTM2NHwxLjI1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified. it's not town criers, it's any npc using that model: here's a random npc in braemar.

[​IMG]

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  3. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

06/18/2021 11:02
    Title: Brittany Estates town crier is invisible
    Reproduction Rate: every time I have checked him
    Blocker? yes
    Details: the town crier in Brittany Estates is invisible to me I have checked other town criers and they work as intended. the town crier in Brittany Estates is invisible but can be interacted with. I was coming to test another bug which was locking up the game but this bug needs to be fixed before I can test it. if you would like a video please request one. this is only occurring on QA.Win.1206 build and not on live
    Steps to Reproduce: logged out and back in, zone scroll , left the zone and re-entered and tried 2ed account on my 2ed PC all reproduced the bug
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32715
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1206.Date.06.11.21
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Estates
    Area Display Name: Brittany Estates
    Loc: (141.7, 74.0, 484.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9Fc3RhdGVzfHwoMTQxLjY3OCwgNzMuOTk3LCA0ODQuMjI0KXwoMCwgLTAuODM5LCAwLCAtMC41NDQpfDMwMy4wNjA4fDI4LjE3Mzk4fDMuNzk2MTI4

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report. There was an issue with some recent server builds and this may be a symptom. An upcoming server publish may fix this, so I'll hold off on making a bug for this until verifying it's still happening after that.

Alley Oop and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.