Tale of the Red Hat Gnomes - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Mingo, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Feeling somewhat connected to Ariella, Kiru flashed her a grin. There was something known between the two as she flashed sign language to Ariella. Ariella understood that Kiru's Family was house of Do'Urden.

2. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

Ariella's green eyes shine bright as her fingers move faster, "I owe my life to the house of Do'Urden" ~bows her head to Kiru~

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Torn looked over at Gabriel and said "Aye they do, as well as Mingle with Orcs, Towns in my world have been abandoned, but there was still evidence of struggles, not even bodies or blood are left behind!?
    So from the damage to the surrounding, looks like Orc, the clean up and neatness looks like Human Priests. They have been trying to control kingdoms, by force! It is a critical hit to our world, and its "Warsworn" since 20 years ago.
    the Orcs were pushed back into the ocean from where they came by those same "Warsworn" My father being the commander of one of the armies! A couple years ago i received word that my Father had died in battle, there was more to the war than met the eye and my father kept notes and maps trying to prove to the people that it was not just Orcs that attacked us they were to organized!
    So in his passing he left these maps and notes for me to really find out what was going on, and for many years i was in the Monastery.
    Little did i know i was being groomed and trained, to get to the bottom of this mystery. It is my duty to finish what my father started!
    So far we know the Priests of St. Agnus were of the crooked priests, hence the reason my father put me there to train under them, and know their way and their training, so i could be better prepared to battle them. That is all that i know of though.
    At the moment. I need to meet up with the Great Diesa a seasoned warrior who fought with my father during the Orc Wars. Other than that we know nothing else."

4. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

"I see.", replies Gabriel, as he strokes his chin, " I hope that they are not the group responsible for bringing our old foe, the Tall Albino Man, back to this realm. Do let us know what you discover, Torniquet. We all wish you success in your mission!"

Mingo, Bodhbh Dearg, Jambo and 3 others like this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Flashing back her hand signals to Ariella, she says "you owe my Uncle and family nothing! It was the right thing. I was set on this path to find you and give you this" Kiru walked over to Ariella and handed her a scroll tightly rolled up, and slightly covered with dust and dirt of time. She reaches into her bag of holding and pulls out an ice blue blade and hands it to Ariella, with the distinctive marks of its maker it reads at the hilt "Icing Death".

Upon the scroll was written......

As the sun fade wearily, I to fade and grow tired and weary.
    Age has finally caught up with me and my friends. Cattibrie has also moved on to her gods.
    It is just I and the memories of the past that keep me warm on cold nights as my bones ache and my body grows tired.
    I can no longer continue to help the ones that have past, and keep their families safe. if you choose to carry on, please take my prized weapon, and use it in your quest to make right which may be wrong, and make sure my Niece is well. i know she is with Torniquet, and i fought along with his father in the "Orc wars" he is honorable and compassionate, but sometimes loses his path. All in all he is a good mentor for Kiru. You are free now and your debt shall be paid for carrying on what we have for so long. Fare thee well lady Ariella and may not the darkness consume thee.

Drizzt Do'Orden - House of Do'Urden

Kiru moved back over to Torniquet and sat down again at the table. To share more stories, and drink a Shirley Temple.

Mingo, Bodhbh Dearg, Ariella and 2 others like this.
  6. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

Ariella gently rolls the scroll tight and tucks it into her bag for safekeeping. Hands slightly shaking , she takes "Icing Death". "Thank you Kiru, Drizzt would be so proud of you and thank you Torniquet for taking great care of her." Ariella moves back to the shadows of the room hoping no one notices the moisture in her eyes and can not help wondering, where was the mate Twinkle.

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Torniquet leaned over the table, "I can almost say yes, these Priests probably had something to do with bringing the "Albino Man" around.
    You have to understand these Priest never did anything Priestly if they couldn't benefit from it, in some form or fashion.
    Diesa Dankill will know more once we meet up with her.
    There is speak of another man by the name of "Crixxus" a famous Gladiator in the land locked city to the north of my home city, hmm i cant remember the name of it but there, in that city are held some of the greatest Gladiator Matches and Warriors, there is always a pretty penny to be made at the arenas!
    They say you can either sign up for a match yourself for a price of course, or you can bet on the fights there, another way to make a pretty penny. We may have to go there! There is talk of a giant Orc that participates in the gladiator matches and I know for a fact "Crixxus" will be fighting that Orc to take the title "Battle Master" Which normally has 2 outcomes Death or riches!
    But yes Gabriel Im almost certain of the connection.

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Torniquet looked at Gabriel again and said " Why do i bring up this Crixxus character? Well he himself is Albino as well and quite powerful, but apparently from the other side of the spectrum as our little escape artist!"
    Kiru looked over at Ariella, pulled her cloak back to the side just enough to show the hilt of a ebon scimitar hilt with slight twinkles in it, and winked.

9. Gabriel Nightshadow

"An albino gladiator?", says Gabriel,"Hmm...I do recall the Tall Albino Man mention once that, in addition to his younger sister, Vastra (who is not an albino), he also has an older brother. Never mentioned his name, though...I wonder if this Crixxus could be him?"

Mingo, Fireangel, blaquerogue and 3 others like this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

*Time Lord begins bouncing his leg up and down and tapping his quarter staff on the ground in an adolescent fashion inadvertently irritating everyone in the room while he stares off into space humming the tune from Dragon's Tales*
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Eriador, Mingo, Fireangel and 3 others like this.
  11. Gabriel Nightshadow

"Time Lord just hasn't been quite the same since regenerating into this new form...", says Gabriel, apologetically, "Sometimes he forgets he's over 5,000 years old and not a ten year old boy..."

Gabriel glances over at Time Lord disapprovingly, who immediately stops tapping his staff on the ground. He does continue humming, though :rolleyes:

12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Err... Umm.. Did I miss something o_O
    *sees Gabriel's eyebrow lift disapprovingly in a query*
    hmm hmm hmm, hmm hmm hmm...
    ~Time Lord~:(

Eriador, Mingo, Fireangel and 4 others like this.
  13. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Bodhbh sits with eyes closed, softly chanting words noone can quite make out. Suddenly Time Lord stops singing and watches Bodhbh turn less opaque to a point he can actually see the chair through his torso, then Bodhbh stands up, but also remains seated. The first, seated, version keeps chanting, while the second version walks away, unseen by anyone else but a few of the small gathered group.

Kiru and Ariella gasp as they recognize the features and inner light of the Sidhe Fianna in the second version of Bodhbh as he passes between them, and then disappears...

A few minutes later Bodhbh stops chanting and snaps back in to full physical presence. "For now we are safe, in both realms there are none close by to harm us, but unholy machinations are in motion, possibly worse than any even the Fomori ever concocted! These priests aren't worthy of that title!"

14. Gabriel Nightshadow

"That's very reassuring, Bodhbh.", says Gabriel, "Thank you for checking."

Gabriel says, "See, you're safe, Mingo. Remember that your cousin, Time Lord, and I, promised you that we would never ever let the Tall Albino Man torment you with his mental powers again."

"That's right, cousin.", chimes in Time Lord, with a big grin on his face, "You're safe as long as we're around!"

Mingo breathes a sigh of relief.

Mingo, Fireangel, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  15. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

(In the fire lotus tavern) --"I am sorry Bov," I apologize. "I would ramble on faster if I wasn't....distracted."
    --"Your avatar in the land of RL must lead an interesting life," surmises BlaqueRogue.
    --"Too interesting," I nod in agreement. "And he is having difficulty obtaining magical ingredients to activate his personal magic wand, which he nicknamed 'glock' . But it does seem to be quite active here of late," I add peering at the door where the assassin recently left.
    --"I hope your avatar returns from dangerous lands soon," FireAngel says with good wishes.
    --"I hope he returns at all....." I murmur.

16. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

"It's not about the speed of the rambling, but more the lack of focus of said ramblings" Bodbh replies, laughing with a rich, full sound... "Be careful my friend, I *do* want to see you finish your ramblings!"

17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

*Time Lord begins reciting an old children's poem*
    Hickory dickory doc, cousin Mingo took out his glock
    He felt very fine, about his favorite new number 9 and waited for his number to click
    Then he pilled off 3 which was something to see, and his guest got a new hole in his stick
    Because glock did it well and there's something to tell, about any High Noon of clock could tic
    When cousin Mingo takes good aim it's all ends the same with his hickory dickory glock ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Eriador, Mingo, Fireangel and 3 others like this.
  18. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Bodhbh makes a flick with his hands and Time Lord yelps and jumps up at least 2 feet while grabbing his behind! Chariya doubles up laughing, while Bodhbh dryly remarks "If you insist on acting like a child, you'll be treated like one! Now please start acting a bit more your own age!"

19. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

"I have been quite active in the Earthly Realm myself of late," the lady smiled brightly. "My husband there and I wandered with my other relatives in that realm in the lands called 'Colorful Colorado', and then into big, beautiful Wyoming." She looked tired, but very happy. "I am glad you are well, Mingo -- and everyone. Please take care to stay that way. You are loved and needed."

Mingo, Bodhbh Dearg, Ariella and 3 others like this.
  20. Gabriel Nightshadow

How the Red Hat Gnomes spend their free time...

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.