Daily Quests:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Koss, Apr 30, 2018.

?

Do you want them?

Poll closed May 21, 2018.
  1. Yes! Now!

48.1%
  2. No!

29.6%
  3. Yes! Later!

22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koss

Koss Avatar

Simple Poll..

Do you want them or not?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Shift

Shift Avatar

My experience with daily quests on other mmos wasn't a very positive one. they pretty much became a shore. I would rather them work on more side quests with their own interesting plots and story arcs. Kinda like the side quests in the witcher 3. those side quests were amazing.

Ellrynn, Aldo, Kain Darkmoor and 5 others like this.
  3. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I guess what I am looking for are WORTHWHILE repeatable quests, or daily/weekly quests. I know the game has some repeatable quests, but most seem to reward what I can make in like 10 minutes hunting almost anywhere T5 and up. For a repeatable quest to have any real value, it should REWARD well. Dailies would also need to reward well. None of this 1000 XP! yay. If I can just go hunt, or mine and make like 10 to 100X that in an hour, then I'm never going to care.

Vermine and Anvar like this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

5. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

How about we get the systems and quests in game working properly and polished first before adding in more potential bugs and problems.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I want daily quests and achievements. I want small menial tasks galore to be included in this game and now ;). All in all this game is so worried about the perfect all complex story and I do understand we need this to also be polished but in the meantime those who come to this game and seek out to just have a purpose to explore an area and have an extra added reason to grind an area are missing out on this. They will not stay with this game.

Not everyone will go make up their own projects to do especially those players who just want to have alone time to have tasks to complete, things to do, achievements. What we hear is quests take time to develop but what about the daily's the bar made needs some hops they are out of ingredients or the poor maid has lost her earring or it was eaten by a giant toad, her father gave it to her, she is so sad, will you go kill him and get it back? These would be repeatable and new ones added occasionally. Rewards are what could count.

-Perhaps you earn points to purchase something or to earn a coto after so many points, perhaps you get special fishing bait hard to find from the fishing daily (once we get bait, and hopes this update is soon).

-It will be important for daily's to give a reason to do them too. Rewards will count even if you are earning points toward something.

-Achievement systems did not come in game and I am really disappointed about them which would give reason to explore, reason to climb every mountain, eat every type of food, reason to craft every item, reason to visit every town in the game even POTS(player owned towns), reason to craft every item but crafting needs daily's too and I don't want to hear that we have these in starting areas daily's are not just for new players they are for the success of this game for everyone if they so choose to do them and I don't want to hear about out of game achievements we need in game achievements for everyone even non steam players. So I'm a big YES for this and sooner not later give us lots to do.

If players want these things this will not be their game at this time, but hopefully later we will have it and much more. Sure you can find many things to do. I am always so busy in game, but for someone not social who wants mindless things to do, this will not be that kind of game yet well unless you are doing a bunch of wood pulp and reading the forums like me atm, that could be you too. ;) *tries not to gripe about the 20 wood pulps at a time*. *grumble, grumble* ;)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AchievementSystem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achievement_(video_gaming)

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.465.492&rep=rep1&type=pdf

http://www.psychologyofgames.com/2016/07/why-do-achievements-trophies-and-badges-work/

Tiki Pirate and Cirsee like this.
  7. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

As you said, side quests are not always the good way to add content for some MMOs. I have doubts about if this game needs daily task tbh.

Vermine and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well maybe not for your play style but many don't do the things we do. I am a pretty social person and I can make my own fun and especially as we've been around a long time. We should offer a complete game which is inclusive of other play styles. If anyone goes to the game Project Gorgon they will have so much to do, they won't ever ever be without something to do. I want every thing in the game, decent pvp even if I don't pvp, an excellent fishing system, an awesome agriculture system, and great crafting. ;), treasure hunting one day, and horse racing when we get mounts.

9. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Repeatable quests mainly more than Daily Quests specifically, and not ones that make you feel like you HAVE to do them.

Basically, for me, to have a reason (or several) to go into each area is the best plan in my book. Something like at least one puzzle and two area-contained side quests and the possibility for a quest that ties into one of the nearby cities (i.e. the Bounty Master quests are good here).

A randomly spawning chest with the key on a boss brigand (maybe an idea to revamp the Brigand Encounters to unlock that chest).

Also finish some of the areas that have quests but do not seem to have a final resolution such as Soltown's Catacombs... sure you find the brigands in there... and then what? Killing Nestor in Owl's Nest means nothing right now. The Crooked Shank storyline just kind of trails off after you discover the secret to that little town without a conclusion.

10. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

given how borked the main quest systhem is i would panic if i had daily quests added......

Deadly Habit likes this.
  11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Jaesun and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well you wouldn't have to do them. ;) and these are not suppose to be all complicated just tasks with goals to interesting rewards that are missing in this game. ;)

13. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Spot on, it needs to have better rewards for these repeatable quests ie the tenebris / Penwar island run around, and the chest you get at the end of long puzzles arnt quite rewarding enough to be worth it.
    I understand it needs to be a fine line between them being overpowered so people do them too much but as is they just arnt rewarding enough, maybe they should have rare chances of better items , or maybe they do and I havent been lucky ;)

Nikko likes this.
  14. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Maybe not dailies like other mmos, but something to do thats repeatable and worthwhile for different playstyles. I seee alot of cool ideas coming up now with the puzzles in the zones, just needs a bit more reward for some things and other stuff added such as
    Something like the Bulk order deed system that uo had for crafters, then theres a reason for the crafters to be selling their gear to the npc merchants.

Nikko likes this.
  15. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

oooooh yes, some rusty armor sells to npc for higher higher prices thsan my hard maple triple enchantet and mc bows (i was doing housecleaning with stack bug encroaching on my space)

Makes one feel all fuzy an suchy, that rusty gear pays better than my bows who are hard work to make (from now on i scrap what i do not keep)

16. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Daily quests are awful in my opinion. They become a chore real fast. Please don't make us feel forced to do quests every time we log in.

Edit: They are awful in the way they are implemented in most MMOs.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Please don't do them then. This isn't about you and your play style. Even if I don't like something like I don't PVP I still vote for us to have the best PVP because it's not about me it's about what is good for the game. We need our achievements and our tasks and this has been missing since day one when no achievement system was put in the game and Darkstar had assured me that it was coming but it has not.

Edited: so funny and instead of achievement system my phone changed it to cheap mints haha. Well we are missing those too just kidding;)

Barugon and By Tor like this.
  18. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

The problem is feeling forced to do something you don't enjoy when cool or interesting rewards are locked behind daily chores. It's not quite as simple as saying 'don't do them then'. Besides I was just answering the question in the thread :p. Normal quests need a ton of work before something like this should even be considered.

Edited my original post to clarify they are awful in most other MMOs.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not arguing that normal Quests need a lot of work and the whole quest system needs a lot of work. Players of this game that require Quest over load have left the game. This shouldn't have happened. if an Achievement System had started the game these people would still be here. Now they go to Project Gorgon who took care of this part of the game first and foremost before much of anything graphics wise they got the what to do and massive skill choices that are fun like psychology and and learning why a person died or why a creature died and and death gives XP and it's not a punishment and there is a world to visit when you are dead. Now I am not playing this game and I have tried it I'm just saying that we have so much going for us and imo we missed out on this part. I feel that in the long run this game will win out but we don't need people holding it back and stopping it from all play styles. Shrouds is a game that has something for everyone but this part missed out so far. There is no way that our limited staff can fix it that easily. It wasn't done right in the first place imo so massive work has had to be done to make up for that. Nothing we can do about that now except tredge on.

My request for this is not that it has to happen right this second I know our Quest builders are busy and and I am not saying just throw Dailey's at us that have no meaning or purpose, the key will be in the reward cycle and hopefully neat things like a point system reward, special Mounts later when we get them, and very interesting things. I have stated that they will need to be enticing imo. Anyway not here to argue. I understand where you're coming from. :)

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  20. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

There are so many ways to implement daily quests, and make them fit into the game/environment.
    Crafter NPC's need materials (ie Carpenter: "I need 50 Pine or Maple Wood to finish my orders for the day, and Bruce is sick. Can you help? I pay well" ...in XP and gold, and maybe a recipe).
    Guard NPC's need help stemming the growing bandit problem (ie Guard: "Those Red Sash Bandits are at it again. They raided another caravan of alcohol bound for Kingsport. If you can retrieve the stolen cargo, I'm sure there's a reward in it for you")

Have several NPC's from an area issue quests either in the same area, or one other area (like Kingsport NPC's issuing quests that take place in Kingsroad, or some other scene). Have the dailies pop randomly each day.

Nikko, Oyjord Hansen and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.