Reaper Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jordizzle, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I was able to solo one. . it was . .extremely hard for me, had to spend a lot of time trying different decks, died A LOT, in the end I finally killed it though all by myself.

It was a fun fight. . but .. the loot was terrible. Not a single gold piece. Just some crafting stuff, nothing of interest to me. I really thought that loot was supposedly enhanced this release too. Anyway, if you're going to make something hard to kill, you need to make the reward actually worth it in my opinion. I was utterly disappointed when I saw that I did all of that work for absolutely nothing. I'd rather kill a skeleton that drops 12 gold than to put myself through that again.

Situations like this make me feel like this is the first game the port team has ever made. :( Sorry if that is harsh, but honestly, we aren't testing this game any more, it's actually released now. .I didn't want to go out and find another Reaper to kill. . I just wanted to shut the game down.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  2. stile

stile Avatar

I sadly agree with this, across the board for all loot of all creatures in the game.

its great there are "chances" of getting really rare and valuable items.

but there should also be a base loot, that is valuable enough to make it worth someone's time to face such creatures, EACH AND EVERY time, you face them.

3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Exactly, Yes please let there be a base loot that is sort of scaled with the difficulty of the monster. Fighting that Reaper actually put me in the negative because the reward couldn't even cover the cost of the reagents I used casting the spells to kill it!

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think that on average, reaper loot is very good. I killed a lot of them last release because I wanted a cowbell and I ended up making about a million extra gold from selling ashen heartwoods. Even the base loot is quite a bit of tree stuff sometimes.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I like tree stuff and the ashen heartwood is worth quite a bit as mentioned. As always a chance of cool wooden loot things for reapers would be great. They could have a pot of gold hidden in their getting worn tree trunk and even neater if it mentioned it with the sound notification and something like "what's this old grannies lost lute of strength and fortification". What a great find.

6. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

I’ve killed about 60 of them in search for a cowbell. Out of that 60 I’ve received 5 or 6 ashen heartwoods.

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

How much is ashen heartwood worth? I have a couple in my bank :D

8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

The reaper can drop Ashen Heartwood and the Reaper Cowbell. Ashen Heartwood sells up to 10k per, and I've seen folks selling the cowbell for 75k. Of course, not every kill is going to be a winner, but they all can't be winners.

9. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

The problem is that if you put awesome valuable loot on every reaper, then people will just farm it to death and make way too much money, which affects the game economy. I can kill Reapers in less than a minute, and I'm sure the devs don't want me getting tons of gold/valuables every time I kill one. With that said, if you have a chance at a nice drop and are persistent, you might eventually be rewarded for your efforts. There are plenty of other places to hunt where you will definitely make more money, but have no chance at a special item.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This is across the board.:confused: I have killed a few of the Cabalist recently (figured out the ones I can dance around with and succeed) , but in the end more a waste of time. o_O I get more from just clearing the Catapults and just leaving especially with 2x Exp.:mad:

This sadly is a result of issues they have:( with if they tried to increase loot in any place where semi higher tier critter got better loot:rolleyes: too many player would just farm them and create even more problems. :eek: A problem of their own design, and not really fixable.:oops:

Cordelayne and Almar like this.
  11. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Yeah, I've thought something similar, maybe a chest under them when they topple over, or a pile of skeletons from the unlucky they have devoured. I would say they could have the remains of unlucky victims around them where they spawn, but then you've have people kiting them while someone else takes all the loot.

12. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I think it would be great if they at least make it drop 100 gold each time. I'd say the Reaper is at least 100x harder than a regular skeleton which always drops about 10 gold usually. Zero gold felt like a slap to the face after all that trouble LOL

Tiki Pirate likes this.
  13. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Ashen Heartwood likely isn't worth anywhere near 10k now that people have been farming Reapers for the cowbell. I'd say it's worth in the 3-5k range at this point.

I have to disagree that the reaper loot isn't good. They drop quite a bit of crafting materials. Sure, it's not stuff you can just turn around and sell immediately, and can be hard to sell if you aren't collecting it since most people aren't in the market to just by 1-2 resin for example. The hemlock borers can be worth quite a bit vendored - I usually get 1-2 borers per reaper. That's like 200-400 instant gold right there.

I think all in all, you could liquidate the loot from a reaper for probably 300gp on average. That's pretty dang good if you ask me.

Of course, I'm able to take them down in about 90s now. As you get stronger, your opinion about how worthwhile their loot is will change. It's all about cost/benefit.

14. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

the loot should also depend on the solo killers level, so if a new player kills it the loot should be better, becaue he needed mor etime to kill and invested loots of time/ingredients...
    a veteran player who can farmkill them should get mediocre base loot as it is now to prevent farming

Tiki Pirate and Sorthious like this.
  15. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

What does the Reaper Cowbell do anyway? I'm guessing it is an arty that has a hidden buff, like the other musical artifacts.

Sorthious likes this.
  16. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

I have a vendor in Novia Market and they wouldn't sell for 10k. They all sold between 4.9k and 6.9k. The cowbell craze has saturated the market with heartwood.

Sorthious and Ryodin Stormwind like this.
  17. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Ah ok thanks, well still a nice coin reward. :)

Sorthious likes this.
  18. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

They could attach one time quests to mobs like the reaper. When you have the quest active, the first time you kill one it will give you much better loot than normal and something to pass in to the quest giver (branch of the reaper, eye of the troll etc). That way at least the first time you kill it you won't be so disappointed like the OP was.

GreyMouser Skye, Sorthious and Nikko like this.
  19. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

Lord British said in interviews that it doesn't make sense that enemies such as rats and wolves drop gold when you kill them in other games. I agree with him. Besides, you have a chance to get one of the cowbells and you get decent xp from killing the Reapers. You can sell all the wood for gold.

Sorthious and Ryodin Stormwind like this.
  20. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It gives a +10% attack speed buff and also has a -50% attack speed debuff vs plants. The animation of playing it is pretty funny also.

Rentier, Nikko and Ryodin Stormwind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.