What does my skill have to be to learn without the recipe?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by gtesser, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I have 66 smelting and want to learn the coil of meteoric iron recipe (level 35). I know the components, but I do not have the recipe, and placing them in the table does not discover it. Is it because my skill is too low, or because it is a recipe that is only found in supply drops and not teachable?

2. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Only found in drops and not teachable. May find one for sale but hard to find.

gtesser likes this.
  3. Nog

Nog Avatar

I find the "core" recipes like coils, sheets, bindings, etc. for rare metals are a bit tricky to find but locatable with diligent work, and they run commonly in the 10k-20k range fwiw. Not altogether surprising considering they are pretty sought after and a limited commodity from rare drops (and I believe blue loot bundles...I don't have a regular group of high level friends so don't defeat anything that drops blues).

gtesser likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Recipes can only be discovered if they are marked as "Re-Teachable". Teachable and Non-Teachable recipes are not discoverable.

As noted, these can be found in Supply Bundles, even from Grey ones (although rare). You might be able to find it on player vendors; I've seen some drop recipes for 5k-12k gold. If you can fight in tier-5 scenes, you should be able to try to get some yourself.

Good luck!

Jaesun and gtesser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.