Developers please consider increase daily XP bonus for login from 10k to 1kk adv XP.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinok, Apr 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Yes.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  2. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

EXP is already cheap, as I said, guy who came in September 2018 now is 128, but he is a hardcore player in a huge guild.
    After you hit 100, 1kk per day is almost nothing, the reason why it will be great, casual players will get the content in SOTA as soon as possible. Also, it will be pretty close to EVE type char progression which is perfect in my point of view.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Woodchuck likes this.
  3. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

10k login bonus to adventuring xp pool does feel so low as to be meaningless. If it were also applied to crafting pool that would be a different story. That said, 1m xp daily is way too much and feels like a ridiculous suggestion.

As someone with little more than 30-60 min to play most days, I would prefer a once a day, use-it-or-lose-it “double xp” potion that lasts for an hour and applies to both pools. Wouldn’t stop you from attenuating, so it wouldn’t change much, but for a true casual player, it would be encouraging to log in and do something.

I play the game mostly for life skills and these feel orders of magnitude harder to level than adventuring skills, so any bonus to craft xp would be especially appreciated.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Why is this thread still going on ?

There is zero logic to support any increase for just logging in, NONE.

Not one post can give A N Y S U P P O R T, that gives any reason this should even be considered

It is just too easy to gain exp, UT is a mil in minutes but you can get exp just putzing around.

Honestly all this is, is more weak excuses to make the game more of a joke than it already is.

You can play the game at level 60 and skills in the 80s.

IF YOU WANT MORE PUT IN THE EFFORT.

what is really sad is that there is not a community guy or anyone left on the dev team that actually will come here and look at this thread for junk it is, comment, and shut it down.

Mishikal likes this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

At 1000000 xp a day you’d easily be steamrolling tier 5 zones in 2 days.

By the time you just learned the game mechanics, you’d already be doing endgame stuff.

People still mistakenly put too much stock in the actual adv level, when all you need to do is get a deck of skills to 80 or more, get good gear with strength and int on em and your set. With 1 mil xp a day you got enough xp after just a week of not even playing to quickly skill up a deck to kill bosses with.

I dont like the idea because it eliminates all low end content completely. Imo if you wanna get stronger the very least you can do is play the game to do it

Alley Oop and Mishikal like this.
  6. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Well I would call myself quite casual as I think I’m still below adventure lvl 80 and 1m exp per login would even on my most “grindy” days quite for sure double my exp income. The reason is simple…if I grind for some hours I do not grind for exp I grind for stuff or resources for stuff I would like to create. If I’m not doing that I’m more one of the “stop to smell the roses”-type @kaeshiva already mentioned.

Generally I do not like to get something for doing nothing and even if 1m sounds on first view nice I do not think I would appreciate such a change. Currently if I miss one day or even a week of the free bonus it doesn’t matter. But if I miss such a (for my avatar) large amount of free exp I would very likely feel kind of forced to login every day as else I might be some day the one with the lowest level not able to play any content...just the same way and out of my perspective more and more avatars feeling forced to grind exp instead of enjoying the ride. ;)

I personally think we do not need the login bonus anymore as decay is gone but if this is making new avatars happy I would keep it as it is or maybe change the way the free bonus is working to a mechanic depending on your adventure level. E.g. the more advanced you are the lesser is the free bonus until it is gone.
    adv. lvl 1 = 20000 exp
    adv. lvl 2 = 19750 exp

at lvl 80+ = 0 exp

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Samgbre and Mishikal like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It's probably important to point out that the daily login XP does not count towards adventurer level, so if the idea is to increase the rate at which your adv level goes up, you're taking the wrong course.

If anything, I would say I like @Lars vonDrachental suggestion the most -- Phase out the daily XP login bonus as your ADV level increases. 10k is < 1 NPC in higher level zones.

8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

See no need for such an adjustment. Just that simple.

Mishikal likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I did UT once for about 15 minutes.

Mishikal likes this.
  10. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Lets see... create a new character... wait a day.. log in and BAM, you're adv lvl 50.

NO.

Scanphor and Mishikal like this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh, I’ve been to the ACTUAL area of Upper Tiers (the lower and upper part). That’s where I got my Creepy Dolly collection from a long time ago. :cool:

Alley Oop and Mishikal like this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Because I would be so burned out and would be playing something else.

I’m not in any rush or hurry. I log in every day and do whatever I want. :D

Alioth and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is generally how I play but, recently, I've been on a crusade to advance my avatar so that I can do harder content.

FrostII, Sean Silverfoot and Mishikal like this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

And that’s where we differ. I can run around Hilt and get blueprints and that enough for me.

There’s a bunch of other places I still cannot do (and I’ve tried), and I’ll get there eventually. I just don’t honestly care. It doesn’t bother me. That’s just me though! :D

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

One of the major motivators is that I really wanted a mounted death bunny head. This is the first time that I've ever been able to defeat that thing. :)

Mishikal, FrostII and Jaesun like this.
  16. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

It is said again and again, "new players" should earlier ...
    ... earlier what? Should (s)he compete with a PvP player who has been playing for months?

When I play a game, there are rules. And different games have different rules.

After a few months, I can not beat the world chess champion when I'm just learning chess!
    Of course I could say: I want to defeat the chess world champion!
    The answer would be:
    with patience, practice and perseverance - one day you will be a master ...
    [Which means not you will be THE (world) Grandmaster ;)]

A game makes you happy for a variety of reasons.
    One is always the same: The value of something you have done.

It should be something special to get XP. Not just "for nothing" ...

Some thoughts for improvements - for casuals and others:
    1. Daily xp from Oracle is a reason to visit her - and a good reason for casual and low level player!
    A possible change could be for the sake of the meaning of virtues: the xp could depend on virtues of the Avatar.
    And I am with all other crafters: +10,000 also for crafting would be a good improvement. At least +1,000 would be :)

2. XP for quests: Also would be a fine thing to raise xp for some quests or for the achievement of every path.
    Problem: the Outskirts would be more unbalanced by that.

--> Instead it would honor an Avatar at the end of the Oracle Path to receive a great XP (+Crafting!) Bonus of 500,000 or 1,000,000 XP.
    Doing all the quests is a hard job - it should be rewarded in a better way.

Besides,
    I was 4 times in UT.
    1. time to look what there is going on.
    2. and 3. time to try some fight skills - for improving decks.
    4. time, because I was asked to come with.

It's a way to level up very fast - and I assume there are different (good and bad) reasons for (defeating high tier enemies, better skills for PvP ...)
    Well, that's not my kind of game play.

After an UT visit I don't feel good. It feels like a day in the 80's playing an action game again and again.
    It's fun for a while ... but always the same.

I left those games very early for Adventure and Role Playing games - how wonderful life was as Ultima III was born ;)

Just my point of view ...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

By the time you finish the main episode 1 questline, you will have been awarded 200,000 experience points 4 times for a total of 800,000 experience points (both adventurer and producer).

Jaesun, Mishikal and FrostII like this.
  18. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Yes, that's right - after double xp changed to normal. Seems not so much comparing the effort to finish Episode 1 with a visit to UT ;)

Barugon likes this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

UT provides zero producer experience though.

Jaesun, Mishikal and Paladin Michael like this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Spinok Your OP and follow up posts are all about helping "casual" players.
    What is your definition of a "casual" player ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.