(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I thought ranged weapons got more "ticks" than melee. Maybe that's what he means?

2. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Doesnt matter what you believe, its there and Chris put it there on purpose to encourage charge shots with archery.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My low level polearm guy gets 6 ticks and my archer gets 8 ticks, so you may be right. However, the number of ticks might be dependent on the base skill level and specialization?

[edit] I'm guessing that Chris added an extra tick to ranged (7 ticks) and you get another for specialization.

[edit 2] The crossbow of accuracy got extra ticks. I wonder how many it gets now?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Mishikal likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well then, shame on him for making free attack over-powered.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

As I noted, I don't even get 700 crit currently with a *fully* charged charged attack. And I did some testing a while back of 1-2 ticks vs fully charged, and they were definitely less in total than a fully charged tick. So if they're truly getting 1k+ with a single charge tick, how much would they get with a full charge? I know the formula for that was posted, because it was a part of the discussion. What was posited then was that multiple "1 charges" were better than a "full charge", which I actually found not to be the case, since the total damage from a full charge was higher than the 2-3 "1 charge" charges you could fire off (at least in PvE). And with flurry at a high level it paid off significantly more to fully charge the shot since it takes little time to do so.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I assume they're talking about fully charged attacks using +damage and +attack speed buffs and gear. It takes about a second for me to fully charge up a longbow free-attack when buffed.

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The formula was the following, x = number of ticks when charging, and an auto attack = 1

Charged attack = 0.5 + (x • 0.3)

so 2 ticks are 10% stronger than an auto attack, and then it gets stronger and stronger. If Barugon says he gets 8 ticks total, he gets 0.5 + (8 • 0.3), so a total of 2.9x compared to an auto attack

Mishikal likes this.
  8. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Yes, and our point is there are plenty of other ways to accomplish being successful against an archer. You don't even play an archer Sara, instead of crying for a nerf of something you don't want to put the effort into countering, why don't you make your character better? Why don't you ask the devs to fix things with your build instead of trying to tear down a different class? It's not fair or sportsmanlike for everyone to want their own class to dominate in every situation.

Did you even look at the pictures of melee crits posted above? What about that? you don't see many archers doing that.

Plenty of people have posted many counters and offered real factual examples of people who, not only pvp well against archers, they overwhelmingly dominate them. The fact that you aren't one of those people has absolutely nothing to do with charged shot or air shield or any other aspect of an archer build.

So, asking for an archer nerf to the point of what you want them to be for you to win, would completely destroy the archer class for the entire game. I wonder what % of the already extremely low player population would rage quit?

As it is, the archer basically has only 2 viable builds for pvp. Air spec is a must, and then the other spec has to be either tactics for damage or life for survivability. You don't see ANY other archer combinations that are anywhere close to competitive in pvp or pve, and now you want to destroy those.

9. stefania1988

stefania1988 Avatar

I heard archer got a nerf but i didnt find it in the patch notes and im to lazy goin threw this 8 patches finding the answer, if someone send me a pm what got nerfed, send me a pm. Thanks in advance Hagge.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I personally feel that ranged shouldn't get an extra free-attack tick. However, I also remember that not too long ago people said that archery sucked for PvP and very few people used it for that.

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I guess asking for the charged attack to be balanced, means complete archer nerf, does that not say something right there LOL. And why does no one talk about the range? And why should something that is ranged, be the king single target dps, should this not be a melee build being best single target dps? They have to get up close and bang with the target, they need defenses to not die while doing this. Ranged can do many things without even getting hit. ranged should be best at range single target dps, not make melee obsolete and have no point.

12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Hmmm... not what I've seen. Click, unclick, click, unclick. No glyphs in bar. Know of an archer who pops off many 1000+ charge shots who untrained aimed shot because why bother.

Barugon likes this.
  13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

With few exceptions, the angrier people get with a change the more OP it is.

Remember when hamstring got nerfed and Vesper and I were furious about it for months...? No? That's because it didn't happen. Hamstring was OP, was one skill that needed a nerf, and we were gonna be just fine without it. I still miss hamstringing people and watching them run and die a minute later but games needs balance.

golruul and Barugon like this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Nine, last I checked.

Barugon likes this.
  15. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

It says about as much as people who do very very little pvp in comparison to others, trying to be the authority on what archery actually can and can't do when they don't/never have played it.

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  16. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

17. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Again, you are not an archer, you are using an example that is the exception not the rule, and then when a real archer tells you how we use rapid fire and other archer glyphs, you pretty much say 'nope, that's not what I heard so its wrong'.

And who's angry? just because we disagree with your refusal to adapt and succeed doesn't mean anyone is angry.

Name calling and insinuating mal-intent of motive doesn't mean you are right.

I know it's hard to deal with facts, that's why you keep pretending that every archer can crit on every hit every second for over 1000, that they shoot, which is completely ludicrous, and you continue to completely ignore every counter offered and every example of other melee and mage players that do just fine against archers.

Fenrus MacRath and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Oh I am sorry, I forgot how archer was pvp only skill, no one ever uses archery in pve, all those archers in UT parties are just getting power leveled :). OR, is this just a sign of how weak your arguments are that your trying anyway you can to dismiss mine? Now go torpid torment off some death shields LOL.

Got no time to pvp, to busy power leveling archers cuz they cant pve :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Vaiden Luro and Sara Dreygon like this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

When I went to learn how to do UT solo, I went and watched a video on youtube.. of a fire mage. Who still, in that video, can take down UT at lower overall adv level and overall stats than I can now as an archer. I had to develop completely different strategies, and it's an utter pain, but I can do it. But I'd rather go elsewhere and get less XP and have less of a hassle. With 2 archers (my wife and I), we can do UT well enough, although I don't know how it compares to larger groups, etc, because, well, I don't play in groups outside of my wife's and my 2-person team. I think it's important to keep in mind there are a lot of different play styles. And even as 2 of us, we can't do what that one fire mage could do. So maybe fire mages should be completely nerfed to oblivion? ;)

20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Way to totally miss the point.

But if you want to really discuss this, I was outdpsed at ut by 2 archers in my party, just ask taikee about that. she has the pic to prove it even.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.