1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Make-A-Difference for Extra Life

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Browncoat Jayson, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Time for my (mostly) annual request:

I'd like to see a Make-A-Difference item added to support Extra Life. The Extra Life campaign unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children's Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised over $50 million USD for sick and injured kids.

[​IMG]
    https://www.extra-life.org/

The Shroud of the Avatar Community would be an excellent source for good in local hospitals. It would even benefit close to home for Portalarium; one of the hospitals in the Children's Miracle Network is Ascension, the Dell Children's Medical Center of Cental Texas, right there in Austin.

[​IMG]

This could easily slide into the Children & Family Charities section of the Make-A-Difference Store.

Personally, I'd love to see a single package containing a Life Cloak (Blue Ankh on a White Front-Clasped Cloak), Replenishing Box of Children's Gustballs (a bright bouncy ball), and a Halo (Head Slot).

I'd spoken to Dallas before about this, and he thought it was a great idea, but nothing ever came of it. Maybe @DarkStarr, @Chris, and @Lord British can make it happen.

Thanks for giving us something to stream while we help save the kids!

Sarek, thradia, Cordelayne and 10 others like this.
  2. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I am a member of the Philadelphia Extra Life Guild and a SOTA player on and off (now all on) for three years. I just submitted an extra life logo for heraldry and was wondering if there were any other extra life people organized in the game. Moved and finally got set back up for streaming and was going to start asking questions about charity support :)

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

According to the official extra life media promotion package Extra Life participants are allowed to use the logos on web pages or print and emails as part of our activities while raising money for extra life. People are allowed to use the images and likenesses for donation incentives. And they can't be sold or used for any commercial products. If needed I should be able to get clarification on this from my extra life contacts who know the legalities of this.

5. Alley Oop

okay, but i'm not sure if the people approving heraldry know that. if it gets kicked back, the one on approver duty is usually @Vas Corp Por.

6. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Is there a notification when it is approved or kicked back? It has only been a few days.
    And thanks for all the info :)

7. Alley Oop

i don't recall if there's an email, but there will be a status banner on the submission page.

8. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Thanks. I see it was approved Have to check it out in game tonight.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.