1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Make Changes to confusion in PVE

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Lathiari, May 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

Am I alone here? I really hate confusion.. you can keep it in PVP for the chaos tree or whatever but it's the single most unfun and annoying gaming mechanic I think I have ever encountered and I am melee.. I can only imagine how annoying it must be for ranged/kite classes.

Or maybe put something similar to the stun limiter on it.. like if you have been confused you can't be confused again for 30 seconds or something?

**EDIT**
    After several pages of discussion we have drilled down into the issue regarding this status effect. It seems the main problem with it is that it cannot be purged long enough from your character. Instead of removing it entirely from the game it would be a good idea to make changes to how long in between times you can be confused, you could get longer results using a more powerful purify spell for instance than you do with smelling salts.

We have also discovered that the cabalists which use confusion cannot be purged, this is mutually agreed by the majority to be a problem. These cabalists either need a new gimmick entirely or to have his confusion spell refresh at the same rate as regular confusion spells.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    FBohler, Net, Saesa and 4 others like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

YES

FrostII likes this.
  3. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

Also! I know we have smelling salts but they just don't last long enough.

FrostII likes this.
  4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I hate it as well. But, I hope they never change it. Confusing the player and not just doing something to the toon is rare in games.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is absolutely not a fun mechanic! However, you can mitigate it by using mouselook (right mouse button) together with turn left/turn right hotkeys. While you're using mouse look, those keys will strafe instead of turn and it ignores confusion.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Shh!

Barugon likes this.
  7. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

I hope they get rid of it, it's the single most unfun thing in the entire combat/pve part of this game.

FrostII likes this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I actually like confusion, except when it's from that cabalist that permanently confuses you, but other than that, confusion offers difficulty in dodging spells, abilities, or getting into cover to reduce a spells damage. It requires quick thinking, adjusting to the situation, or a quick reactionary spell to help yourself out of a possibly nasty situation.

I do not want this removed, but possibly balanced a bit from that stupid cabalist.

Tailz, Athanil, Bedawyn and 1 other person like this.
  9. Toular

Toular Avatar

The only thing I don't like about confusion in PVE is that casting it on them doesn't seem to do anything.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  10. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

I logged in just to throw a +1 to this confusion gotta go specially from the siege boss ( Nefas ) I believe it is.

11. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

When I made this thread I was fighting that cabalist. LOL

Barugon and Violet Ronso like this.
  12. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I agree that confusion is really annoying... You can understand why confusion is a real pain in the ass when you are the dedicated tank who get teleported at every 2 minutes + confusion.
    Being teleported+confusion 150 times (not even exagerrate) for a 4-5 hours session of grinding make me mad. I already Alt+f4 after being teleported 4 times in row under the same minute.
    This is not fun

13. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

I almost hit that point a couple of times, it's jus an irritating mechanic.. combat is already a jugglingact with combos/glyph and buff/debuff management + aggro management + cover mechanics + outdated UI.. and then a large portion of the monsters in this game can make your controls randomly backwards? It's irritating, it's not fun in the least its just stupid. it feels like something out of Mario Kart not an RPG.

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, put them in the crown store.

15. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

now this guy gets it

16. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Yeah, they should also just remove attenuation and make xp 10x from everything. This game is too hard.

17. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

If you are rage quitting the game because you get teleported, then you need to sort that out. You can always talk to a therapist, or do some meditation to maybe relieve some anger that you have.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  18. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

Being dismissive is a sign of disrespect man. Be cool, he is entitled to his opinion.. he is just saying it's an annoying game mechanic.

Magnus Zarwaddim likes this.
  19. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This...never have a problem having something done to me that I can likewise return the favor.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  20. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

There’s a lot to be said preparing yourself for battle. Certainly you wouldn’t go into a fight with Temna expecting to be able fight them the same way you would a timber wolf. Put purify on your bar. Use ranged attacks so you don’t have to move around too precisely. As melee, body slam and engage opponent keeps you close with out you having to figure out which way your going. If it’s still so hard that the challenge is stomach turning, then practice spinning your camera in a much easier zone. Cabalist are supposed to be HARD. Honestly they should be harder, not dumbed down. Confusion is one of the few uniquely challenging pve attacks. The rest is just fire, brute force and occasional poison.

It’s ok if things are hard. It’s ok if they are too hard for you, for now. Try harder, don’t beg to have the bar lowered.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.