1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

NPCs beyond POTs

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Browncoat Jayson, Jun 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Now that Player Owned Town NPCs can be acquired in the Crown Shop, I'd really like to see them made available for player lots and dungeons. Let players fill in vendors that either don't exist in the town, or are under represented.

My lot is my storefront, and I want to include a combat merchant to accompany my vendor who sells my own items.

This also helps players fill out specialty businesses. Run an inn? Add a barkeep and some tavern patrons. Great opportunity for players.

Micmatty, Bedawyn and Cyin like this.
  2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Absolutely -- but since this got skipped for the animal spawners, I'd add please please make them usable in PRTs and not just POTs. And functional in offline mode.

Honestly, I'm a little confused about why they were added to the shop at all if they're not going to be usable on player lots, or at least in basements. Don't town governors get all that stuff with their town package anyway? So as long as they stay limited to POT common areas, who's going to buy them? Except maybe stewards in a town with an absentee governor, whose Bag O' Stuff is locked up somewhere the stewards can't get to it?

Personally, I've got plans for a fishing merchant and a grocery merchant, but those plans will go nowhere if I can't use them on lots in my PRT.

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I see it in two ways:

I can use NPC vendors in my POT in general or on lots in my POT. So surely its an error that NPCs sold now cannot be placed on lots?

On the other hand, there must be a limit, right? The number of NPCs allowed in expensive POTs is *very* limited. Therefore, so it should be on 'cheap' lots.

4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is something the team's talked about and are considering :)

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  5. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Considering?

A lot of those new POT only items would be pretty cool in some NPC towns. Especially ones with no oracle etc.

Would help us develop our towns with this handicap we seem to have not having access to the POT only stuff.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.