Air Shield users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Dec 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Insta death is a myth, there's only unprepared, uninformed, and mis-guided losers. Should I be able to just step up to the plate with a MLB'er throwing 100 miles and hour and expect to never strike out?

Loser meant as not the winner of the fight, not a prejorative of the person's character.

Jikininki likes this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I think it would help just to have to choose between major offense or major defense.

3. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Look Arkah, I can appreciate what you would like, but until you step up and DO, I really don't see where what you would like, matters to the rest of us. Either get in the game, or stop catcalling from the stands.

4. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I've made multiple offers, anyone? anyone? Bueller?

Unless i'm up there helping raise the rafters, the guy building the barn really doesn't care about what I think the spacing or slope should be.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I know its not intentional but constantly being met with “you dont pvp” stuff dude just cuz i dont pvp enough for you folks to think i should have an opinion. The build i do try to use only works well when i catch somone off guard. Im fine with that, im fine with how i PvP, but i dont like the 1 shotting folks with 1500 health and know first hand how, whether you can or not, almost everyone tells people subterfuge and light armor specs are a waste of time. No spec should be a waste of time.

I dont like how air shield works because its “balanced” against the massive 1 shot damage that i dont think should be a thing.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I had to go back and read yalls stuff sorry, i was working and only responding to the posts i was seeing

7. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Well, arkah, you are asking for changes that affect me, and you don't have the experience to back it up. I have never seen you in the fall, no one who is a veteran in pvp in this game considers what you do even remotely close to pvping.

I have offered help, I have offered instruction and knowledge, all you have offered is complaints based upon a very very limited set of experience and knowledge. You refuse to participate at the level you are trying to dictate for.

I guess we are done here.

8. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Those same people telling you that build isn't viable, is that some more of the same group of people who never pvp?

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I dunno if they pvp or not i didnt ask them and dont auro
    Atically assume they dont based on thier opinions.

i know power people with builds they play the game with always tell newbies subterfuge and light armor specs are useless. Part of the reason i took them is to get it fixed.

And air shield used to be 0.1 a patch went out to fix it, i thought it was until i hear folks talking about it then see it myself. And again, you gotta stop berating people for not pvping enough for your liking.

10. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

It isn't about 'enough for your liking' , honestly , no one should care what I think about their choices of play. It is more about your lack of experience making you not the best qualified source on the matter when it relates to pvp.

I'm sure the top end crafters wouldn't care for my opinion on how crafting should be fixed, especially when I basically never craft. They wouldn't consider my refining of raw materials as making me a crafter.

You are welcome to your opinion, I am welcome to mine. Forgive me if I question your bona-fides in the area of pvp.

I hear so many of you complain about pvp issues, yet none of you are out there in the field with us. I offer any help i can, even monetary, in a good faith effort to bridge the gap and help us all get along and play together, and i get no response (except for @Violet Ronso ).

I've offered to show you how your desired build can be effective in pvp, you quote me people who most likely don't pvp, and surely don't pvp at the top end as the experts in why your build can't work. That doesn't compute logically.

I'm not sure what else we can discuss beyond this impasse.

Arkah EMPstrike likes this.
  11. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Just for giggles tho @Arkah EMPstrike ,

What advantage do you gain by being specialized in light armor do you see that is worth specializing in?? The only 5 skills it affects, it adds 2 seconds to the effect for 3 of them (which is nothing really), slightly extends the range on one of them (still nothing), or gives you an incremental small boost in draw speed(not a factor).

You don't have to be specialized in light armor to still fully take advantage of the build you want to be.

It's not that your build can't be viable in pvp, it's more of a question of what other advantages are you giving up in a different tree that are overcome by what you gain by being spec in light armor. It doesn't do anything for you really.

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Thats understandable and sorry i got so frustrated.

Its also not just pvp im concerned with theres stuff deemed useless in pve as well, and stuff thats clearly too strong, and air shirld making folks near-invulnerable is a step back in the direction when it was OP before. I’d be fine with it having a cap or whatever.

Grumpy Krabnevir likes this.
  13. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

You would actually be much better and effective (just for example) if you were air spec, used air's embrace and got a +20% crit chance. That would be huge with sneak attack.

Jikininki likes this.
  14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

thats a great qiestion!! I originally picked it only because light armor, sneakyness. I like to be fast and sneaky. Then i found the light armor spectializations to be redundant and underwhelming because heavy armor can achieve similar speeds because the fastest speed buffs arent light armor skills.

With subterfuge, i find redundant skills as well as broken skills.

I kept them cuz i wanna see it fixed. Particularly opportunity strike and engage opponent, and i wanna see something donewith camo to make it something you’d choose tactically over silent movment. Also it makes a loud noise when you hide and silent movement doesnt

15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

one issue thats come of that is, with tactics spec and charging berserker and fireflies, the damage you get just from out in the open fighting on a single crit can be higher than you can get with a sneak attack because you cant have savage on while stealthed and have to rrely on someone else to do fireflies. But if you just make the damage higher on sneak attack, folks can already 1 shot an unshielded person with it so it would just get crazy at that point

16. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I hear you, and there are some things I would love to see fixed as well. My advice to you is to focus on what you want to actually DO, and then build the template with whatever skills and specializations help you reach that goal. A sneaky, high damage, back stabbing from nowhere kinda character can indeed be a ton of fun, especially if you throw a little stealing in there with it :).

Don't get hung up on what's 'broke' or has not really been expanded on since the initial 'place-holder' skills were thrown into a tree to say that they had such a tree.

Your desired playstyle is well within what is possible in this game, and if done correctly (hmmmm not the best word, but let's just say efficiently), can indeed be very effective in pvp for sure. Maybe a little harder in pve, but usually a sneaky character isn't a top mass pve killer anyway. Most games aren't set up for sneaking up on NPC mobs. You can only surprise the first one lol.

Focus on what you want to do, and let us show you how to do it. Don't worry about the limitations of yet to be re-visited skill sets.

17. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

First off, you can't stack/charge beserker's, if that's what you meant. Stacking beserker's doesn't improve the effects. The real reason you specialize in tactics is because you can get over 100% additional crit damage from it. That's a lot.

And that can work for your build or any physical damage build.

18. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I wouldn't have much of an issue if they wanted to bump sneak attack some. . . . . there's counters to stealthers as well. If i don't prepare for it and you get me, then whose fault is it really? lol

Jikininki likes this.
  19. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

And, actually, that's a good point. If you were to sneak attack kill me, it wouldn't take too many times for me to take steps/actions to defend myself against that. That is what pvp balance is really all about. If sneak attacks became a thing, I would begin to use the spells available to help reveal them, i would move around a lot more, stand with my back in a corner, randomly shoot arrows all around me hoping to hit you. There's lots of options and that's how I get better against your build. Same for dealing with archers or anyone. Learn and adapt. The only constant is change.

Jikininki and Violet Ronso like this.
  20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I tried it but ended up just feeling bad about pissing people off :p
    Also sylvan daggers are pretty stronk but only if u stay a totally good or bad boi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.