1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Relearn Learned Teachable Recipes So They're Teachable

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Not a confusing title at all...

Currently if Anne goes to an NPC and buys a Teachable recipe she can learn it from that scroll, then teach it to Bob, Carrol, Damian, all her assorted alphabetical buddies. But because these people haven't learned it from a scroll, and it is only Teachable, not Re-Teachable, they cannot pass it on. It gets forever locked into a Not-Teachable state for them

It's a really cool system, but it would also be nice if there was a way to re-learn a recipe taught to you by another, to convert it to a Teachable form. So if Anne teaches Bob he can use the recipe all he'd like, but if he wants to teach someone else he's able to go re-learn it from the NPC scroll and then teach others.

2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Coswald_Dirthmire
    Since you do not get EXP for learning a recipe only for crafting the item I do not see any reason why it could not be upgraded for the price of the Scroll. Great Idea.

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Perhaps this could be tied to use of the recipe. Make 100 of something and the recipe auto-upgrades.

If you did something like that for the current drop only recipes, you'd have to make 200 of something to fully unlock it. 100 for teachable and another 100 for re-teachable.

Wilfred, Vaiden Luro, Gravidy and 2 others like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this might be difficult tech-wise depending on how it's currently set up, but IF it's hard to convert the state, an unlearn option would serve the same purpose.

5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Ah, that would be two birds with one stone really, since I've heard people request that feature as well. Honestly I wouldn't mind it myself, with the number of times I've absentmindedly wasted high grade timbers on making boards...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.