Relearn Learned Teachable Recipes So They're Teachable

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, May 6, 2021.

1. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Not a confusing title at all...

Currently if Anne goes to an NPC and buys a Teachable recipe she can learn it from that scroll, then teach it to Bob, Carrol, Damian, all her assorted alphabetical buddies. But because these people haven't learned it from a scroll, and it is only Teachable, not Re-Teachable, they cannot pass it on. It gets forever locked into a Not-Teachable state for them

It's a really cool system, but it would also be nice if there was a way to re-learn a recipe taught to you by another, to convert it to a Teachable form. So if Anne teaches Bob he can use the recipe all he'd like, but if he wants to teach someone else he's able to go re-learn it from the NPC scroll and then teach others.

2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Coswald_Dirthmire
    Since you do not get EXP for learning a recipe only for crafting the item I do not see any reason why it could not be upgraded for the price of the Scroll. Great Idea.

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Perhaps this could be tied to use of the recipe. Make 100 of something and the recipe auto-upgrades.

If you did something like that for the current drop only recipes, you'd have to make 200 of something to fully unlock it. 100 for teachable and another 100 for re-teachable.

Wilfred, Vaiden Luro, Gravidy and 2 others like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this might be difficult tech-wise depending on how it's currently set up, but IF it's hard to convert the state, an unlearn option would serve the same purpose.

5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Ah, that would be two birds with one stone really, since I've heard people request that feature as well. Honestly I wouldn't mind it myself, with the number of times I've absentmindedly wasted high grade timbers on making boards...