PvP: Adventurer and Gear Leveler

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macnlos, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Kris mention at some point that the purpose of these changes was to make PvP areas "more balanced". More balanced... What is this? A dual, at dawn, with matching pistols??? The goal of PvP is to fight other people. To Win.

So we go off, raise skills, craft gear, buy gear, get drops and so on. And we then build our characters.. The goal being to take make it unbalanced. You are not there be fair... you are there to fight and win. Now if someone is in there that is way too powerful.... then you can a) Leave, b) Try and kill and die, c) bring a few friend.

FRIENDS are your balancer. The weaker the party level, the more peeps needed. You don't dumb it down... that's just dumb. I'm sorry but when it comes to this and mechanics... some is trying to dance with two left feet and no shoes.

2. Angelique DeVailly

Angelique DeVailly Avatar

I don't think many people want true pvp though they want events with pvp. like the classic capture the flag and so forth.
    In ESO the pvp part isn't balanced but works great they've got great mechanics making it interesting enough to participate, you can get one shot killed or one shot kill someone since all levels are in zone. Usually in groups attacking or protecting fortresses and zones. Neverwinter had some great pvp too, but they added items and classes too powerful they added tons of hp in pvp events, it got really boring. More it gets vanilla more the mechanics or rewards will have to compensate to keep people interested.

3. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

This is just a troll thread for shroud /raw on Reddit. Don't take it seriously

4. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

If you cant handle a few zones that are capped maybe you really just reddit tier trolling.

DefectedZephyr likes this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

My take on the testing they did was that it sure changed a lot. What normally would be a 10 second fight turned into 1-2 min fights in some cases. Normally there is for sure a disadvantage for folks that dont have access to top gear. example I play the LB boat pve zone with many folks I can hit top DPS with some groups rather easy even with many who normally are top dps. Most the folks I go with are level 140-150Adv. I am only level 133 with out my gear. that said with my gear I am 152 and hit like I am way above my belt. throw me in arena where only my skills matter and not gear it changes everything. There really should not be 1 shot in pvp imo but rather these longer fights as it more about skill as you have to think about your moves more than just hitting the single key as fast as possible to kill someone.

it will never be dueling pistols as mentioned above because they did not adjust skill levels so skill levels are still king which means those with the higher skill levels still have the higher chance of winning the fight but lowers at least have time to try.

I also think they need to give mages better autoattacks as there is a huge disadvantage for mages vs melee or ranged which it comes to dmg that requires no focus that is continuous. Mages dont have that luxury and require 100% spells slinging to keep up which usually means we run out of spells well cool downs happen well the other class can just keep going with auto.... ever been hit by a staff or wand from a mage lol. unless your earth most mages hit for 20-60point at the higher levels with the exception of some that dabble in bludgeon skills which they may get a 100-200 if they are really lucky with a crit which is very very low chance unless you are an air mage with lots of dex.

just my view on things.

6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

The main problem with PvP is it's meaningless. Making crazy balancing won't bring in any new players.

majoria70 likes this.
  7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think you under estimate how many new players went to the pvp event with the test balances who ended up having the best time in pvp since the game released. lots of feed back in our guild was that it was really fun and they actually managed to kill someone. Most of them would not normally go as it would have been useless for them to even try under normal conditions. This was a data collecting event, its not the final changes there is still more data being collected as they balance out some of the skills for pvp only. Everyone can agree 100% the main problem is that its meaningless. that is why they need to get the faction stuff in as well some faction reward system and things that can be captured and held. A lot of my old pvp guilds would come look at SOTA if they can bring all that in. as it stands now they wont come to a PVE only game. they dont see current system as anything worth switching as there is no point behind it in any capacity.

8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I was there. Took devs, prizes, and Universal chat begging to have 30-ish players around.
    It wasn't natural and it will never happen naturally with the current systems.

Xee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.