Lord Marshal: Tempting, But....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by No Longer In Use, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

No, you will receive eight total. The crafting stations do not stack at all.

I did ask them to clarify this on the Knight pledge description, but that was right before R7. They probably had a lot on their plates then. :)

Time Lord and Arianna like this.
  2. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Let's not talk about Dev+ stuff here. :) This is part of the reason these things are partially vetted through Dev+. Port has a tendency to charge into sweeping changes like this without poking them full of holes to see if they sink. This wouldn't be the first time we've seen conflicting messages from official Portalarium channels. :)

It would be nice if a Portalarium employee would come clear this up for us, though. I appreciate the email response I got on the matter, but a more visible statement would be appropriate, considering some people must have pledged to LM thinking they were getting 10 stations or Lord thinking they were getting 5.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I have a similar feeling with the Knight Marshal, even if It has an amazing house. Its like "it's much better to jump into Lord anyway".

Time Lord, Artair Geal and Arianna like this.
  4. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

No problem, that's why i didn't actually use his quote... :) but his wording there just makes what I'm seeing here more confusing. I do think they need to clear a bunch of stuff up though. I'm happy either way to so it's not an issue for me. Just wish they wouldn't leave things hanging and unclear.

Time Lord, Arianna and Lord Trenyc like this.
  5. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Yeah, the two crafting station difference doesn't make it or break it for me regardless. I've always thought even eight is waayyyy too many. I wish they would have kept it to two to protect the value of crafting stations in-game.

Time Lord and cartodude like this.
  6. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

a different color.

Time Lord and Lord Trenyc like this.
  7. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I would be willing to bet that anyone who is a Founder at the Lord Marshall tier will get the two Founder crafting stations. The statement saying that rewards do not stack refers only to the Benefactor crafting stations.

Time Lord and rild like this.
  8. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Bet you say? How much? ;)

9. No Longer In Use

No Longer In Use Avatar

Since I've actually sent a formal request for Portalarium Support to swing by here, let's condense the list of topics we need addressed:

1. Founder vs. Benefactor on Knight Marshal and Lord Marshal Rewards: We need to discuss making those tiers more consistent with what Founders have seen and received in the past, specifically with regard to titles and added swag (house decorations, etc.). Also, can Founders actually use the titles from lower tiers, or are those "non-stacking" benefits as well?
    2. Pricing on Knight Marshal and Lord Marshal: It feels a lot like Royal Founders and Founders are losing the cost benefit they attained by pledging in a timely and early fashion. This has become more of a sore point due to the strange way the 10% bonus promotion is structured.
    3. Crafting Stations: What are we getting, exactly, in terms of crafting stations? What is the issue with giving Founders crafting stations that are Founder-themed at higher pledge tiers? The appearance of the stations doesn't change their function, so why shouldn't Founders receive stations that are consistent with their pledge band?
    I'm going to temporarily table the issue of a special house for Founders at the Knight Marshal and Lord Marshal tiers because, well, that's a lot of work. Portalarium isn't a machine -- it's made up of people who are working extra-hard to deliver something we all love. They've got a lot on their plate. I would like to see posh, upscale version of the Lord Marshal home for Founders, but it isn't as much of a deal-breaker as the other stuff. Besides, the new Lord Marshal home as it stands was handsome enough for me to make a "good faith" pledge.

High Baron O'Sullivan makes a lot of good points that I agree with completely, but I don't want to overwhelm support when they get here, either. Let's not boil the ocean. Let's start with one pot of water and proceed from there. I have no doubt that Portalarium will make things right. I wouldn't have dumped around $600 on them this weekend if I didn't.

10. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I do have to say, the pricing thing (specifically the pre-April 7 discount) has been discussed to death. I can't imagine there is any possible way they've missed the fact that it's bothering people. The 10% bonus to pledge upgrades was their response to this. I don't like that response, either, so I'm fine hitting on that topic again. But I don't know that it'll make a difference. Portalarium seems to have made up their mind on this one. :(

11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I found some clarification from Starr in another forum (it should be the 10 as benefactor are different from founder)..... It will be interesting what support say.

12. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

A couple weeks ago, while browsing the pledge tiers, I discovered that the two Founder crafting stations for the Lord tier had vanished, and an entry for two Founder crafting stations had appeared at the Baron tier. I emailed Portalarium to ask about this change, since as a Lord it concerned me.

From Rusty the Magical Dragon:
    I then asked him to correct the information on the Knight pledge as well (and in addition to take a second look at every tier to verify that everything is correct and clearly presented), to which he replied that Portalarium is in the process of redesigning these pages to make it all very clear. That was ten days ago. With R7 underway plus RG's birthday and RTX coming up, I'd expect those efforts have been put on hold for a bit.

Time Lord, Duke NRaas and Arianna like this.
  13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Really don't like the sound of this.

Time Lord, Arianna and rild like this.
  14. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I did warn him to brace for impact. :)

15. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

Perhaps you forgot, this is Housing of the Avatar (HoA), the game where you spend your kids college fund to get a pat on the back from Lord British and a digital barony. You're really somebody with HoA! (As long as you pay for it.)

Time Lord likes this.
  16. rild

rild Avatar

Agree with cartodude on this - If you are a founder you will receive 2 more tables than the benefactor Lord Marshall, in addition to all of your other founder rewards.

The "not stacking" bit is trying to communicate that you do not receive the 4 crafting tables from the Lord pledge AND 8 from Lord Marshall.

However, you do receive your special founder rewards. Remember, the Lord Marshall tier exists outside of the Founder/Benefactor distinction, but your account retains that status.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Guys, I might need new Ctrl and V keys soon. :(

Time Lord and cartodude like this.
  18. No Longer In Use

No Longer In Use Avatar

My kids walk on four paws, and don't need college funds. ;-)

Time Lord, DeftAvatar, rild and 2 others like this.
  19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Adding is one thing.....taking away is another ball game.

20. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

What if they add and take away at the same time such as is a net addition? :p

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.