Lord Marshal: Tempting, But....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by No Longer In Use, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

To be fair people have pledged based upon what has been contained within that tier (Lord had 2 founder crafting stations), if they then choose to add an additional 8 benefactor stations then that's fine but you can't then take away the unique founder stuff.........or even change that on Lord after people have purchased......that's just wrong.

I really hope all of this is just a simple misunderstanding.

Time Lord, Khloec, Olahorand and 2 others like this.
  2. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

It's definitely a misunderstanding. Which way it ends up swinging is still up in there. I updated my original ticket with the link supplied by cartodude. I do hope this gets cleared up one way or the other.

Time Lord and Arianna like this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I might start up a thread on this separately.

4. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

I wouldn't. Its been covered in this thread, and there is enough 'spam' from multiple threads about the same thing.

best case, you get a thread that draws a huge amount of "ZOMG they took our Jerbz!!" style responses, and end up either getting deleted, or merged into this one.

Time Lord, rild, Artair Geal and 3 others like this.
  5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Separate thread created as technically it is probably a little off topic as it is also connected to other pledge levels and in particular founder rewards.

6. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

If this is all true and we have lost the 2 founder crafting stations I will be a very sad butterfly.

There are probably a lot of Lord level Founders out there who do not know these have been removed from there pledge.

I hope this is just an unfortunate misunderstanding and they are reinstated.

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Link to the other thread:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s/clarification-over-crafting-stations.12423/

I also copied in the question/answer from previous discussions

8. dallas

dallas Co-Founder Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hey Everyone,

We did not take away the 1 Founder Crafting Station for Knights (and higher), or 2 Founder Crafting Stations for Lords (and higher), although the new pledge wording does imply that. Will fix that wording shortly, and our apologies for the confusion.

We're currently evaluating the other concerns voiced in this thread (and in customer service tickets), and will post our response soon (hopefully no later than tomorrow).

dallas

9. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

Thanks for clearing that up Dallas. The fact that the crafting stations were removed from the Founder lord pledge didn't help with the confusion here.

Time Lord, Lord Trenyc and Arianna like this.
  10. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

Thank you Dallas you have made my day :)

11. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Thank you Dallas. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this thread. :)

I know it is a great hope of many of us holding Founder and Royal Founder accounts that you reevaluate the decision to reinstate the special Founder pricing promotion for a time. If you do decide to take a second look at that, please remember that many of us already upgraded because we thought the deal was sealed and done. I do hope you take a second look at that, as it seems only fair (since these pledge tiers didn't exist back when that promotion was active).

12. No Longer In Use

No Longer In Use Avatar

Thank you, Dallas. I appreciate the response, and I'll keep an eye out for that update!

13. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Dallas,
    You may want to consider wording it as "+X additional [founder|benefactor] crafting stations for a total of Y [founder|benefactor] crafting stations" instead of the current wording. I think that might help clear things up. :)

Time Lord and Lord Trenyc like this.
  14. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I'd also love to see a tally of all rewards tied to my account on the account page. That would save us all from having to cross check against rewards spreadsheets all the time. :p

They really do need to be clearer on the purchase pages, too. It gets tricky with the stacking mechanisms between tiers. IMO they should revise the pledge description pages to explicitly list all rewards rather than relying on the language of, "Plus all the rewards from previous tiers!" Maybe categorize the rewards into collapsible sections (NOT by pledge tier), so you can expand and collapse lists like "Crafting Rewards," "Housing Rewards," "NPC and Pet Rewards," etc. Then each of these lists would list all rewards that that tier receives, including rewards that are inherited from previous tiers. Listing the rewards explicitly would definitely clear up a lot of the confusing regarding what counts as a duplicate item.

15. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Another user brought up an interesting idea of simply listing them in the same manner as how the "Add-On Store" entries appear on the account page.

Could be under a different section of the page to differentiate them of course. But that would make it pretty obvious what one is expected to get from one's current tier. :)

Time Lord, Arianna, Olahorand and 3 others like this.
  16. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

That's exactly what I meant by listing all the rewards on the Account page. As soon as I started writing that, though, I realized that would be a really long list, so I appended the idea of the collapsible categories. It would be quite intimidating to swim through a full-on list of every single reward we get at these higher tiers. Oy. o_O

Also listing the items in the Account page is not a complete solution. It doesn't help people who are thinking about upgrading (but haven't yet) and aren't quite sure what they get at that higher tier.

17. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I don't know if anybody mentioned this or not in the thread already, but it would be nice that the early backers still have the option to use the GOLD TITLE.

Even though the tier is for both Founders and Benefactors the titles should be in gold. Even the Lord of the Manor title of Prince should be in gold. Every title for an early backer should be golden to show they were an early founder.

However aside from the gold titles, I see no problem for having the same exact stuff as a benifactor for attaining this NEW pledge tier. There is no need for extra special stuff. The tier didn't exist before, and now it does.

Time Lord and Deliverence like this.
  18. rild

rild Avatar

I think the issue is that the wording has been changed to reflect what all NEW pledges will receive

When in doubt, I put my faith in Koldar's spreadsheet :D

Time Lord, Khloec and Koldar like this.
  19. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

As much as I love Koldar and his rewards spreadsheet, he is using the same information that the rest of us are to build it. I'm quite confident he appreciated clarification on this topic as much as the rest of us. :)

20. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Indeed! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.