Flag for full loot and open PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Xail, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xail

Xail Avatar

Hi,

can we implement this option?
    I can see only upsides for everyone...

Basically if I flag for full loot and open PVP only other persons flagged voluntarily in the same way can PK me and full loot me...so can I...

All the rest remain the same....

So people that want full loot can have it without "bothering" who don't want...

There are a lot of people like me that want full loot...why don't make them happy when we can without bothering the "partial loot" fans?

2. Xail

Xail Avatar

Of course we keep the watered down "open" pvp partial loot for everybody else....

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  3. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

It was explained why they don't want full loot, it screws with the economy, it stops them being able to use the story the way they want.

docdoom77, Montaigne and Crikey like this.
  4. Xail

Xail Avatar

Adding a flag for "only full loot" would be cool too...basically a lot of people and I don't want to fight without full loot...so people flagged for only full loot can only be attacked for a full loot fight....

5. Xail

Xail Avatar

The explanation of why they don't want full loot is really weak or I'm missing other threads....

They wrote something like: "It's too easy to loose gear and than gear become less valuable..."

Do you understand that if someone lose gear another get it...it's just a net wash...

6. Xail

Xail Avatar

If it's easy to lose it is also easy to get...it becomes a net wash,....

7. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

THAT'S the problem, they don't want to take the benefits out of gear, they don't want it to be easy to lose because they want to use it partially to gate keep story quests. They don't want it to be easy to replace

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

@Xail

This sounds like some derivation on PVE looting systems in other games, where a party leader can set looting preferences for the team. Except in this case it would be a system based on matching up two individual's flags to see how the flags interact. As I get your proposal, if two players each with a full loot flag met, then the PVP battle would end with a full loot condition available to the victor. If two players met and one had a full loot and one a partial loot flag, then the matter would be settled as partial loot. If two met and one had a PVP flag and the other a non-PVP flag, then there would be no engagement possible. Kinda makes sense to me.

I wonder if the social behaviors created by different rule sets might be where the downsides come in. For example, would a full loot flagged PVPer have to challenge partial loot PVPers to upgrade their flag in game chat too much? Would groups forming up for a PVE raid not accept someone with a full loot PVP flag because the party saw that as a distraction with the person getting jumped too much, then having to wait for them to return if they lost in PVP, got full looted, and had no gear to go in the raid dungeon? We might imagine that stuff going on. But perhaps those are small downsides for the larger upside of individual player choice.

Good post.

9. Xail

Xail Avatar

Sorry if I try to explain myself again...

Pvp full loot ON AVERAGE doesn't make gear neither easier neither more difficult to get or to lose....Do you all understand this? ON AVERAGE it's a net wash...

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I also want to encourage us to separate the conversation about loot systems vs. quality of PVP experience somewhat. I'm not sure that less loot equates to more watered-down PVP.

I shared in other threads a need to recognize that PVP and looting are two things: 1) A PVP battle takes place with a result independent of looting. 2) When the battle is ended, looting occurs. We need to consider how these two systems work together, both for the upside and the downside. On the upside, enhancing the loot system creates better reward so that PVP players feel more risk and excitement. But someone also gets the downside. Half the PVP-interested population at any given time is removed from battle longer because they have to go find replacement gear. The result is less people in PVP battle, more people engaged in the game's gear game. If PVPers who enjoy maximizing time in battle are required to engage in the game's crafting and gear distribution (vendor/bank) systems after each PVP loss, that causes downtime out of PVP battle. That also can make PVP feel more watered down. So what to do? Instead of seeing the PVP loot system as being tied to only the quality of PVP, I think we need to see it as being tied to the game's crafting system. How much time do we expect PVP players to drop out of PVP to engage in the game's gear-generation and distribution systems? That is the real topic that probably needs to be tackled to find the right balance. This is why game developers get paid the big bucks, to figure that out!

Silent Strider and Crikey like this.
  11. Xail

Xail Avatar

Hi Lord Beaumaris,

I respect and understand your point of view...that's why I don't ask for full loot open world pvp...but only for a "Flag for full loot" so people like me can be happy and at the same time people like you can too...

12. Xail

Xail Avatar

I'ts like the PVE and PVP debate...solved with the flag system and special pvp zone...

Now we have the PVP versus "full loot PVP" debate....why can't we solve it in the same exact way?

13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I think what you offered in the opening post is an interesting solution!

14. Stormblessed

Stormblessed Avatar

I'm not sure if I like the full loot in open world PVP idea too much... But to be honest, if you don't get looted, what stops you from coming back over and over. If you're in a PVP area because it has better or rare resources, there needs to be consequence if you're caught there unaware. I like the idea to flag between looting and not looting, but when resources are more valuable from a PVP area, there should be risk involved other than just having to be resurrected. Just my opinion, and I'm sure others have posted things that make some things I said void. Still too early in the morning, but putting my thoughts in anyway :).

15. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

its to hard to implement and woud screw over the game for you .
    i mean think about it:
    you are making 2 different pvp factions.
    1 full loot and 1 partial loot .
    and you do not want to pvp battel against the other faction.
    if your full loot you only want to attackt and be attackt by the full loot faction and same for the partial pvp faction .
    otherwise a fight between a partial loot and full loot PVPer woud be to unbalanced for the loser of the fight ( full loot wins and can loot a few items and partial loot wins and can loot you dry ).

and then of cource we have the pvp areas where you will have crafters running around and hiding from the big bad PKers becous thyr are better resource nodes there and thy feel the risk is worth it ( speculating here of cource we dont have any accual date on those numbers ).

if i as a crafter enter the pvp zone i get the window whith the :
    [​IMG]
    messidge whith then 3 options :
    1) flagg for partial PVP
    2)flagg for full loot PVP
    3)cancel and return to world map

why woud we ever as a gatherer take the full loot option.

olso how easy is it to change your flagg from full loot PVPer to partial loot PVPer ?
    for us gatherers and other PvMers its just a temporary flagg wile we are in the zone and for you its a permanent flagg you get from a quest ( atleast that is how i understand the general rumor is now ).
    so how are you gone prevent me from for example do the folloing :
    scope out the PVP zone first in rags or ask a friend in the zone wich flavor PVPers are in the zone.
    and then enter the zone whith the opposit faction flagg.
    you will be surroundid by gatherers in the PVP zone who you cant PK becous thy do not have the correct PVP faction flagg.

16. Xail

Xail Avatar

I have stressed it because I thought it was obvious...I I flag for full pvp and a "partial pvp" kill me he can have only a partial loot....

17. Xail

Xail Avatar

In other words people that flag for full loot don't force anyone to play full loot....and can be full looted only by other people that flag too for full loot...

No downside for anybody
    Upside for people who want higher risk/reward for pvp

:)

Pyro861 likes this.
  18. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

/signed! Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

ah ok my bad did not grasp the idee at first .
    i dont really see a problem from a player stand of vieuw here so if you want it go for it i woud say .
    problem is that from the vibe im getting from the game is that gear will matter in this game .
    not 100% of cource like in most of the current games but more like a 60 % skill /40% gear .
    and having to replace all your gear might get expensive if your unlucky and lose a lot of full loot battels vs most of your wins in partial loot fights .

20. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

In theory this is not an issue because everyone in a group shares the same PvP flag (the one of the group leader when he created the group). At least I believe that is what was said by the devs some time ago. So, the PvP+Full Loot player that joined a PvE group would be unavailable for PvP while in that group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.