1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 9 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Unfortunately the MMORPG "code" is not actually a code. It is tied to the email you are registered with on MMORPG which has to match the email you are registered on our site with. This means there really is no "code" for you to give your friend.

leilakin likes this.
  2. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

Okay, I just got excited! Lol! :D
    Thanks for the info, DarkStarr.

I've been waiting to play SotA since a friend got me interested about a month ago. Having played all the Ultima games and Tabula Rasa, I have been curious what Garriott was up to.
    Got really pumped as I started reading about it and watching developer videos, gameplay footage and interviews with Lord British and Starr, et. al...

I finally pledged, bought a town, and I'm in for Release 9!

See you all in New Britannia...

3. Manestream

Manestream Avatar

I am still waiting on receiving an e-mail as to what to do as I also was lucky enough to win one of those 1000 beta 9 sweepstakes. As of yet had nothing through.

4. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

The " Overworld Animating Avatars ", are they functioning in R9 in Linux? I did not see this when I logged in. The release notes talked about a lot of things that need to be done but did not specifically say whether this animation of the avatar was implemented or not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

5. Brew

Brew Avatar

After pledging on the first day of the Kickstarter campaign, I'll finally be able to log in to play on this release for the first time, pretty excited to see how its coming along!

Mata likes this.
  6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Welcome to the jungle!

7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I don't know, but they are not working for Windows. :p

8. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Then we are in the same boat. ;)

Eriador likes this.
  9. DarkStarr

The email will be identical to this post so no need to wait for the email (which should go out in the next hour)

10. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

It's really great to see the player guide starting to come together. Also, with how steep the learning curve on combat was in R8, I didn't have enough time to put in to really learn the system...I'm thankful you decided to include some default decks to help cut that learning curve. :)

11. DarkStarr

It was specifically addressed in the post. You will notice that it was struck through and I explained why just below

• Overworld Animating Avatars: Players will now see their avatars (along with their party members) animating on the overworld map.
      • Currently the overworld is a separate and different kind of scene from all our other scenes. That means all functionality like chat, inventory, animation, etc. needs to run in two different modes: one of the overworld and one for the game scenes. We are in the process of changing the overworld into a scene just like our regular scenes which will unlock a ton of functionality that we currently have to duplicate. Unfortunately this is a very large task that will take more than one release to get functioning.

12. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

Hey, DarkStarr posted:

"Overworld Animating Avatars: Players will now see their avatars (along with their party members) animating on the overworld map. {This was crossed out and noted that it won't be in the game as animating avatars for Release 9.}
    • Currently the overworld is a separate and different kind of scene from all our other scenes. That means all functionality like chat, inventory, animation, etc. needs to run in two different modes: one of the overworld and one for the game scenes. We are in the process of changing the overworld into a scene just like our regular scenes which will unlock a ton of functionality that we currently have to duplicate. Unfortunately this is a very large task that will take more than one release to get functioning."

Reference link at: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-9-instructions.13776/

13. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

1. Thanks for the response.

2. I do not see the strikethrough though as I am following the forum posts on my mobile device through the tap-a-talk app (only one I've found that supports these forms). I guess the app does not support this feature.

3. I only had a chance to log in for a short time but from what I saw in game so far things look really good. I really like the way Ardoris looks, and was happy to see all added skills. I think you and the team are doing a great job. Keep it up! :)

DarkStarr likes this.
  14. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Yup.. Read this post. The issue/confusion arose with the fact that the 'strike through' does not appear in the compatible forum reader for mobile devices and the explanation did not specifically say it was not implemented.

Now that I know that a 'strike through' exists, it makes sense. The world is back in balance again. :)

Thank you for the response though. It is appreciated.

leilakin likes this.
  15. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

The game is down, right?

16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I got booted and cannot log in so I assume so... :(

Time Lord likes this.
  17. DarkStarr

Good to know that the strike through doesn't show in mobile. Going forward I will add something like <this feature cut> tag to those things

Ravenclaw [BEAR] likes this.
  18. Jhorus

Jhorus Avatar

I eventually read the fine print that said it's only available to in-house developers at the moment. I kept thinking I was fat-fingering my password. ;)

19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Can you tell me what I did there? I honestly have no idea. I thought it was a fair question. Maybe I don't understand what happened to medium armor and the skills used with it.

20. DarkStarr

I thought you were one of the folks who were against the idea of affinity for different races and so I thought you were using this opportunity to poke fun at the affinity idea. I could totally be mistaken though and I apologize if that is the case.

Jambot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.