Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

With every release I despise player housing more and more

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Not as simple as that.

You can end up with what appears people floating in mid-air (they are actually on top of these ankhs that you 'turned off'). It create issues within PvP/Combat, you cant combat someone because there are invisible items blocking you. The real solution will be when devs put some limits over stacking (and im sure they will)...... other than that, it will all be about tolerance...... you cant play a multiplayer sandbox game and expect to like everything you see.

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Your solution is to impose a blanket restriction on everyone, despite such restrictions having more wide ranging, unpredictable and unintended consequences than the odd person appearing to float in the front yard of their property - because you voluntarily chose not to see their yard decorations. What about people in a POT founded by players interested in artistic expression? Should they be subjected to the same stacking rules? As for PVP problems, if you wish to fight someone on their property then maybe you shouldn't go out of your way to make items on that property invisible to you. In my opinion limits on stacking are a blunt instrument that will inevitably run foul of the Law of Unintended Consequences, and should be implemented for technical reasons, not aesthetic reasons.

Caliya and Time Lord like this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

To be honest I don't really care what I see......your preaching to the wrong player.

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

@womby - since you seem to be criticizing a possible solution - what is your proposed solution? "invisible to me" breaks the game, unless if you intend to play single player and/or pve only. is that the case?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I think that any items stacked outside the walls of a house should incur a recurring tax on the person who placed them. The higher off the ground the item is, the higher the tax. This will allow people to experiment and display all they want, but there would be a cost involved that might keep things in control in the long run.

6. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

Aldo - great idea in non-POTs. i think the player who owns the POTs should decide if they wish to impose such a restriction.

Aldo, Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm not sure why it has gotten to this to be honest. The simple solution is to have attributes on items. It's just common sense.

8. Womby

Womby Avatar

I don't see how making items placed outside some strangers house invisible to me is game breaking. It is easy to implement (the game creates a file on my PC that lists properties where I don't want external items rendered). It only affects me, and is purely voluntary, allowing me if I so choose to avoid seeing things that offend me. It does not affect anyone else, since it is only happening on my PC.
    It is my choice, and if it results on rare occasions in me (and only me) seeing someone floating outside their house, that is something that only I am subjected to and is a price I'm willing to pay.

Jimirillo, Caliya and Time Lord like this.
  9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

womby - you did not answer my question. - and no it does not only affect you. re-read what envy said previously on un-intended consequences, just a few posts ago here.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Where's the beef? :rolleyes: It's the housing market which funds our game...
    When a player can create out of a few chess boards "what we payed for with real $ by way of our housing pledges", then that hurts funding for our game ;)
    Yet it also drives down the true value of our housing pledge :(... if housing is to be difficult to get, "then why did we make it easy to get with the chess boards?" o_O
    Yet also, why are we leading our new players to believe that chess boards take the place of any need for housing? :confused:

:oops: Potters, Masons, Hay and Clay...
    Hay is not a very valuable thing to our game, unless it has a wider variety of uses...:oops:
    Are only Tinkers to create plates and mugs? or could this be a new crafting skill of Pottery?
    Could not a Mason as well benefit from the use of Hay and Clay? Yet also have to build any structure for applying to a house?
    But further still... "would not a Potter be useful when designing large decorative vases and even statues for those with allot of ego?" :cool:
    We should craft our things and discourage stacking things, by way of providing ways with our crafting skills...
    Yet we should do this also, because it adds depth and quality to our game ;)
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

11. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Nonsense. It might not be implemented simply, but if they did it right, that person floating in the air could no more fight you than you fight them.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I suggest they implement house construction before making floating chess boards.

Time Lord and Sir Cabirus like this.
  13. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

How does it break the game? What does it matter to you, or break your game, if someone sees your lawn decor or not?

Time Lord and Sir Cabirus like this.
  14. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

it matters in pvp. it doesn't matter in pve only. it doesn't matter in single player only.

in pvp, you must see the same environment that yoru opponent sees, or it can and will get exploited.

i don't play pvp often, and when i do i want it to be without one person having an unfair advantage other than skill level.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Then they need to fix it. A person shouldn't be allowed to attack you if you're on your own property, regardless of where you're standing (on the ground or "floating" in the air).

GraveDncer, Time Lord and Sir Cabirus like this.
  16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So your happy with players sitting around in mid-air??

It really comes you something when someone says no to stacked decoration but yes to floating people.

17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So fighting in and around property is actually something that PvPers do............ And I still can't get over the fact you are happy to see people floating.

Seems you want a very very clunky option (refuse to call it a fix) at the expense of breaking many other things.

18. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Depending on where I end up putting my Knight's keep, I certainly hope someone will be able to get past all of my guardians and safety measures some day to give me my comeuppance! Time Lord I haven't been active enough to be your villain lately but you'll get yours someday. :)

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Any time baby', bring it on :mad:!

~Time Lord~:p

20. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    did some one say.....Villain.......Muahahahahaha!

Tarsin, Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.