PVP/PVE instances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Being a non PVP player, it is somewhat distasteful to me that certain areas of the map will be off limits to me in all modes of play. For a PVP player, that is not true, all areas of the map are open.

With the instancing design we are faced with in SOTA, why can't non-PVP players use the shardfall, and other PVP areas in a specific PVP free instance in multiplayer mode or whatever? Perhaps the non-PVP instances could have mobs that are in the PVE instance only.

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Already being discussed in multiple threads and awaiting a dev post that has been delayed. Any answers you get at the moment are speculation. Short answer though, these areas are being made to provide content for people with interests in PvP and if you have no desire for PvP just don't go near them (much like PvP'ers avoid dungeons and quests like the plague).

3. Blarla

Blarla Avatar

I think the point is being told there is a part of the game you are never able to see. A PvPer even if they generally aren't interested in dungeons or quests can still technically go and see the location.

Choosing not to do something and being told you can't are very different things and I believe that was the point being driven at here.

Ice Queen and Aldo like this.
  4. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

How is the OP being told he can never see it , it is a choice.... he is choosing never to go their because he don't like PVP. Much as a PVPer may choose not to do a dungeon.

5. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Yes i know, its an ongoing argument that i don't really want to take part in. Personally i am fine with it, just because something is added to the game doesn't mean it has to be designed for my style of play since the game is aimed at catering for a very broad audience. Yes single player can't go into shardfall but single player also has features not available to multiplayer. PvPers dont want to go to PvE areas, PvE players dont want to go to PvP areas (claiming everywhere is pvp if you flag does not fly for a variety of reasons). I don't get upset by what is being provided for other people, i prefer to celebrate what is available in the areas i enjoy.

6. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I do believe they can.. *shrugs* point remains the same however. I hate crafting I don't believe iv really have made a thing in game... but I have never made a thread about how i hate it refuse to do it and their for its unfair to me that it exists.

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Nah, they will be multiplayer only.

blaquerogue and Keira OFaolain like this.
  8. Blarla

Blarla Avatar

I am not upset about it, I have no objections for PvPers having their stuff going on, why should I? There is that non-PvPer tar I keep feeling, I am not like them guys! o_O Not all non-PvPers hate PvPers or their way of life, please someone hear me!

Personally I wouldn't go there even if I could. But the point was actually really unrelated to PvP and the game in general. Being told you can't and choosing not to, will have an impact on how some think about it. That must be the case for the OP here. Not saying I agree or care, just was help clarifying the point as I felt it may have been missed.

Ice Queen, Aldo and Themo Lock like this.
  9. Lained

Lained Avatar

I suspect they will be accessible in single player offline though as there will be no advantage to gain as you're playing alone.

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  10. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Hmm...wasn't aware of that o_O All I heard was that certain rare natural resources will be more plentiful in PvP areas (i.e., you will also be able to find them in PvE areas, just in much smaller quantities) :)

11. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

To enunciate, crafting on its own is not an element that interferes with a preferred style of play as PVP is and does if specific open world locations exist with full PVP. If open world advantages (or locations in this instance) exist to those who enjoy PVP it is intrinsically unfair for those who do not enjoy this style of play. If this game is a sub, the one paying it should get 100% of its content available to him/her in the style of play he/she enjoys. When the game does not offer this, and I know this is just nuts(<---sarcasm), people do not stick around. To end each opposing discussion point with 'if they don't they can choose not to go there' is openly exclusionary. If it weren't games in the past would never have had different types of servers. I.E. PVP, PVE, RP, etc. It all comes down to personal preference. Some people play Darkfall, some play WoW etc.

12. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

i believe darkstars answer to "can we access shardfall in sing player online?" was "definately not" in the dev hangout, i will try and confirm later when not surrounded by elves but im pretty sure that is what some people are upset about.

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

If something is available and you choose not to partake, that is solely your choice! I cant even make it any easier than that!

Maybe the OP should be asking for something in PVE that he can go to!? If we are PVP then again well get a note that says "you are entering a PVE only area, you will not be able to PVP at all there! Then the PVE can talk all the smack they want to us grieving us :) without consequences! Just saying if its a no PVP area then we cant kill him for talking smack to us unless he comes into a PVP zone or flags PVP

Seems fair to me! We could even have the same resources! Then ill farm both! ;) but by choice!

Logain and Keira OFaolain like this.
  14. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Or folks can put their big boy/girl pants on and stop acting like spoiled children throwing a temper tantrum when they get a wii for Christmas instead of a xbox. their is a give and take thing here. is all of SotA open PVP? no it is a choice a person may flag for open PvP or not. are their maps that Allowe open PVP? yes their is. Do i have to go their? no i dont. does not being flaged for PVP prevent me from going their? no it does not?

on the flip side dose 90% of those who plan on keeping a PVP flag on 90% of the time want full loot? yes we do. are we going to get it? no we are not. why are we not going to get it? because those who dont care for full open PVP and loot dont want it.
    as a non PVPer who Pvps it has always amazed me why folks are so scared of PVP... I mean lets face it.. most are fine fighting and killing or Being killed by a bear or other monster but suddenly if it a player their petrifed of fighting, killing or being killed even in a "game" that currently has 0 loot so it isnt the fact their loosing something. I just dont understand the logic personally.

15. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Why does this game allow you to set a flag if you want to/or not to pvp if we cannot go into a pvp area? What's the point of the flagging then....

Ice Queen, Aldo and Budner like this.
  16. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

what exactly is stopping you from entering a PVP map?

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

The DEVS are trying, and failing to entice you into PVP thats all! Its really not PVPs fault at all. We could care less either way :) I think i speak for most of the PVP here!

18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

you CAN go in there.

19. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Hmm...well I am guessing that part of it is that fighting human players is a lot more challenging than fighting A.I. creatures :eek: (...and yes, no one likes spawn camping ;)) Also, there will be some (NOT full) looting from slain foes in PvP when the game goes live o_O Personally, I don't have a problem venturing into a PvP area...if it's worth my while (i.e., there's something in there that I really want) :rolleyes:

20. Blarla

Blarla Avatar

This is so wildly off the original point now, nobody here has thrown any tantrums. I always get the impression that there is a lot missed or even ignored elements in these types of posts because so many got into arguments about similar aspects elsewhere on the forums and it spills over. I don't understand why people can't just discuss these types of features normally, plus the OP has admitted there may have just been a misunderstanding.

Maybe a discussion about why some people PvP and others don't should be on a whole other thread or at least in a thread that is addressing that aspect of social choices. Although I don't recommend actually trying that!

What does this even mean, '...as a non PVPer who Pvps...'? o_O That is rhetorical by the way.

Katrin Bekers [PeV], Galleon and Aldo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.