PVP/PVE instances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blarla

Blarla Avatar

Best thing in this thread so far. Although good to know that Dewderonomy despises the vast majority of this community lol

Just want to say, even though I am not a PvPer I would never shoot a PvP idea down, we are not all like that. But if the devs seriously think that most non PvPers have never even tried PvPing and it is a 'Green Eggs and Ham' situation, then they are seriously incorrect.

PvPers help breed the non PvP community most of the time (meaning not always before I get letters). Only much of this community is older so it means they were bred to non PvPing a long time ago. There isn't going to be any mass converting lol IF that is a dev idea, bin it now. Christ I hope it isn't true, otherwise I may have just lost confidence in the devs knowing what they are doing.

Now I am wildly off point, damn yous all! *shakes fist and slams the door behind her*

Aldo likes this.
  2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

there will be an abundance of stuff for both i wouldnt worry too much about it.

Laila and Keira OFaolain like this.
  3. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

then what is the point of having a PVP map instanced for PVE it makes no sense if their is point in it being?

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

I like it.

5. TantX

TantX Avatar

Whoops. Fixed.

This game has almost zero direction and the content, thus far, doesn't prove promising in delivering a product much different (or even better) than standard MMO fare out there. The one thing many of us are holding onto is the dedication to community and immersion promised by the development team. In a game with fractured instances, multiple game states that can be played single player or with a handful of friends, and flipping PvP on and off, that doesn't bode well for either interaction or enveloping us in a living world.

That said, if there's any chance for us to see such immersion and interaction come to fruition, it should come in the form of encouraging people to work together against difficult odds. For some, that could be conquering a boss in a dungeon; for others, it could be gathering valuable materials in a wasteland full of murderers. Either way, team work will see the day through, not turning off the "Adversity" checkbox and playing offline.

Kaisa, Keira OFaolain and blaquerogue like this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

If the design is to offer more resources in the PVP area to entice people to try to get them who normally are not looking for a fight, then my solution maintains that. The boosted resource availability will still be there to entice. On the other hand, if the person is adamant about being safe, then the alternative instance is available to him, the PVE instance of the same area with normal resource availability.

Pickley likes this.
  7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

It would bother people due to the announcement that there will be resources in these areas that are intended to be fought over.

blaquerogue likes this.
  8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The extra or unique resources would still only be in the PVP instance. The PVE instance would only provide normal resources, but allow the PVE player to have access to the instance environment.

9. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

yes which is what we originally thought would happen, turns out no XD

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Oh ok i think im seeing what you want an area like that, that has no PVPs in it just, an instance to run around in. I dont see a problem at all with that.

Aldo likes this.
  11. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

Without some kind of negative associated with murdering someone, PVP is not immersion, it is a way to create content without having to code it. Putting valuable objects or objectives inside a PVP zone is only done to draw potential victims in.

If I am the savior of a small town or city. Done alot for them and I am murdered, I would expect that the people I spent time helping might be a little upset at my death and angry at the person who killed me. Without this dynamic PVP in this game is no better than PVP in AoC and other games and we all know how well they are doing. I get the sense that PVPers want important things in their zones more so because it draws in potential victims for them and less so that they just want to engage others like them who enjoy that kind of play style and those of equal or better skill.

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Well im a nice guy i have friends, that i help out and make armor and weapons for, and if i get killed my friends will go seek vengeance on my behalf, more than likey i would be with them. Whats the diffference?

the guy who killed me is still gonna die! ;)

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Some PVPrs not all. just like some PVE want all the good stuff but no risk! Its only some not all! I understand this, so i try hard not to group all in one type! Which some PVE need to do as well :)

14. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Since those same resources can be found in PvE areas, there is no need to instance a shard fall for PvE players to gather those same resources. It doesn't matter that the pvp area would be instances as PvE and give you less resources, just go elsewhere. The only reason for a PvE player to say a seperate instance is needed is to go there to see how pretty it is.

15. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

What is the deal with the PVP absolutes ?

So if a Pro PVP person is also a crafter they are not vulnerable gathering Metal ,Wool, Wood or Skins because they have the magic pvp flag on and can not be jumped, trying to get a rare type of material that comes with at a greater risk ? Only Pve Players can be ganked ?

PVP ers Cant Craft ? or Roleplay ? .. We can only bait people into getting killed ?

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. TantX

TantX Avatar

I agree wholeheartedly. I've expressed this in other threads, personally. I do know there will be a looting system in place, and likely guild wars. So there will be consequences for killing someone - there could be wars, banning people from towns, killing certain folks on site in Shardfalls, etc. Griefing, especially in a game like this where you can't openly PvP people, will also be a means of retaliation. I think there will be plenty opportunity to exact revenge from being murdered or killed - so long as you're actually playing with people and not running SotA in SPO.

blaquerogue likes this.
  17. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

If what you suggested were to happen then why not make every map either PvP or PvE? if they do in fact create one map for PvP and one PVE then what differance is their between that and trem/ fel in Uo that every PvE says was the down fall of the game? if they did then why not Allow full loot for PvP, for the PvPers? why because it divides the community something the Devs are trying very hard to avoid doing.

Dewderonomy likes this.
  18. TantX

TantX Avatar

Although, as I've mentioned elsewhere, if we're going to have SPOs and FPOs and so on, we should probably have a PvP option as well - a Siege Perilous version of SotA. That'll likely be the best way to make everyone happy.

blaquerogue and Keira OFaolain like this.
  19. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

i still havent figured out how i'm going to survive with all those plants in there. those flesh plants are just nasty. i'm level 17 so far, looking forward to pvp, but NOT really in that area.... not yet anyway.

i am sure by now aldo knows he can enter the zone, and maybe when no one's around, or during a pvp tourny going on elsewhere would seem like a good time to work a hopefully empty other pvp zone ;)

I read what you are saying like 'i'm really not being able to survive seeing that part of the game, or have fun playing it, i'm encouraged to play this other way' and if that's how u feel, i really can understand that. you will have to play differently, and build a bit of a different type of character to see it. variety both in the game, and how YOU play it as well.

this place wont have teabagger pvp camping. You are really going to want to try it out, pvp is fun. using game mechanics against ai can get old. BUT if you stress out easily, take the 'chill pill' in whatever way works for you, for the easier and more open you approach the pvp situation, the better - you will not 'be hooked' that sounds weak : it's more like, you will see that there can be a ton of fun and excitement and a pulse pound if you are lucky like your heart thudded hard a beat idk something like that... i've rarely gotten that kind of feeling battling ai including when i open the body and theree's a rare in there.

my opinion, like ice-t who gives a *&#@

The Hendoman

20. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

...but doesn't adding another option mean a lot more work for our team of developers o_O

Keira OFaolain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.