Remove Ravensmoor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GingerLee, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

Yep as I say. Remove Ravensmoor ruins from the game. If a person cannot complete it in the single player mode, then give it some love or remove it. Right now as it is only a group should tackle the ruins in the multiplayer side. I suspect the idea of single player is just a thought and most likely won`t be in final release..

2. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

Have a little patience for a pre-alpha game. :)

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

...but... a person CAN solo ravensmoor.

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Yea, that's not going to happen. It absolutely 100% will be in the final release.

5. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I've been able to complete the quest solo.

EnigmaWinz, Isaiah, Jatvardur and 6 others like this.
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Solo'ed that many many times.

7. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I have solo'ed it once. It is doable.

8. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I solo'd it once, but it was so hard I had to stop every once in a while to just sit, cry and regain my composure.

9. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Not only solo'ed it, but also extensively mapped the entire dungeon, with remarks and POIs... :cool:

...Before learning there's already an ingame map for it! :p

Epona, EnigmaWinz, Vaentorian and 8 others like this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

There should just be a forum bot that after every OP says "This is still in Pre-Alpha".

Think of the time saved.

Isaiah, Jatvardur, Vaentorian and 5 others like this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Unfortunately I think a lot of people still don't know or truly appreciate what "pre-alpha" means.

12. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

Oh... I`m sure a player can solo it. Hmmm lvl 60+, 2 patches ago I solo`d it at lvl 32 and now at lvl 46 cannot even run thru it. Yes I know that this is pre-alpha and that the forums are a place to actively place thoughts and ideas. A change would be nice since it will allow someone to "follow" the story and quest line better in single player mode. In comparison as with the sewers, those are fun and do-able. Ravensmoor is not. I didn't plunk down a ton of cash in order to say I was rubbing elbows with the dev`s and have close first hand insight about the game by playing the releases a day earlier then the rest of the community. It is apparent that some people (just some) are more cynical towards others by their unconstructive comments. Oh I forget. This is pre-alpha so that means your pre-alpha too just like me.

13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

After comments like this..

I wouldn't be so quick to judge other people's comments as unconstructive. The opening comments are pretty harsh. Remove an entire dungeon because one pre-alpha iteration is too tough for you then insinuating that everything is going to be too hard to do solo at launch?

"I think Ravensmoore a little too tough this release because.." would've been constructive. "Change it or remove it" is not. It's all in how you say it.

14. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Welcome to New Britannia GingerLee, If you need any help with gear or running through a scene feel free to shoot me a PM.

Lady Amethyst and Logain like this.
  15. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

Thank you Baron for the offer. That would mean completing the scene/quest in multiplayer mode. I play on the single player side as I see that the single player side needs loving and not just at Ravensmore dungeon. Can other people share their insight as what lvl they completed this dungeon and was it on single player or multi-player platform after release 16?

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  16. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I haven't completed it in this release, but did so in the previous releases, and used pure melee as opposed to magic. You seem to be were I am presently in terms of level. Just curious, where are you getting stuck in the dungeon. I personally am finding the ghosts harder to kill now in melee but am having no problems with liches. In another thread, I noticed that you were having issues with the Moon skills, particularly stealth in that they didn't seem to work in Ravensmoor dungeon. I know I posted this in another thread, but it is listed as one of their 'known issues' concerning skills not working properly.

Edit: I've been playing this game in single player mode for several months now.

Logain likes this.
  17. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

I frequently and on a regular basis solo the Ruins of Ravensmoor. My first time clearing it was level 25 in R15. I admit that I use death magic and that probably made it significantly easier, due to how strong death magic is currently. The Ghosts there are currently the only real challenge and they spam death magic and that's the only method I found for fighting them at that low of a level. In R16 the ghosts will now get back up once after their first death so they're a bit harder, but honestly if you're not burning through to 0 focus trying to kill it the first time it's not that hard.

18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Cleared all sewers, ravensmore crypt, dragons cave at level 20 - 30 in both single and multiplayer over and over to farm gear after last wipe. Is easy if you have death magic, hard if melee. Slightly harder now but still doable at those levels.

Net and Alexander like this.
  19. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

Heres is how it began. Encountered first ghost. Killed it. opened the door center of room. proceeded with caution as next doors left and right hold skeletons that burst out. Hugging wall to activate just one set of skeletons. oh no not just 2 skeletons, but a ghost and a skeleton. Now the first ghost has respawned after I killed it twice and is behind me. I run back to where the villager is at, the whole time getting life drained thru walls by 2 ghost. I died there. While in ghost form I traveled back to the door leading into the spiders. Gee, I didn't think as a ghost I would activate the remaining skeletons and have them burst out of their rooms. I respawned and waited for death cool down. I decided to run it, enter spider room and close door. Not very good. Counted 6 ghost and 5 skeletons. Got to the spiders and closed door. Didn't last long as all those ghost came thru a closed door while I was fighting a couple spiders. Ghost made short work of spiders also. Again I`m a ghost watching 6 death rays targeting 1 spider. Screw this dungeon and its hallway gauntlet of death.

Went into the sewers later and also Spectral mines. Defeated ghost`s, Lich`s, Skeletons etc with ease.

20. InF3RNo

InF3RNo Avatar

Someone talked about a map, where can I get ingame maps?

Thanks,
    Inferno.

Epona and High Baron O`Sullivan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.