New PoT & Castle questions...

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Wizardess, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizardess

Wizardess Avatar

My Lords and Ladies,

I would like to know a few things from those with experience as I have none.

In our player owned town we plan on having a guild castle. Am I to understand that in a player owned village, or larger, you can have a castle and some miscellaneous lots...

... but how many?

How many village lots is a castle lot?

Where do I procure a Castle lot deed and how much is the castle (home) itself?

Im trying to build out a town on paper but I simply do not understand the dynamic.

Thanks in advance.

-Wiz

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

At the moment.. only a Lord of the Manor pledge can own a castle. Though there may be question of guild castles as per the 2M kickstarter goal which was reached. I'm not sure what the status of that is and is something that maybe shouldn't be counted on until we know more.

Technically, even a holdfast could have a castle lot but there wouldn't be room for much else. You will have the option to choose how many of each lot you want your town to have depending on how big your town is.

A Row los is 10x15 = 150 sq meters
    A village lot is 20x30 = 600 sq meters
    A Town lot is 30x40 = 1200 sq meters
    A City lot is 40x60 = 2400 sq meters

So you know how many square meters your town has.. just think of each type of lot in terms of square meters.

Keeps are 4800 and castles are 9600 but again if you don't have someone with a pledge that can own one of these you may be out of luck for the time being.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

5. Nuitari

Nuitari Avatar

Thanks Bow! Ill talk to the devs and find out.

6. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i know a couple guilds who decided that based on their memberships pledge levels, whoever had the neatest house, and biggest tax free lot, would use it for our guild HQ.

i just decided to use mine, as most of my guilds membership haven't decided to leave ESO for some reason. since i personally purchased a PoT as well, i'll be placing it there. guaranteed real estate *grin*

7. Mystique

Mystique Avatar

Yeah thanks Bowen and Themo. This just totally made it easier to sort out. :p

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

First a note just in case. Deeds to claim lots are not included in a POT, only the allocation of lots. For more on housing:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=44577
    and
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...uide-to-property-ownership.15261/#post-248415

Then a tip:
    If you check out the two POTs in R18 right now. Paxlair and Vengeance. Then you can see two different approaches.
    In Paxlair on the top of the hill you have a 'castle' which is one Castle lot claimed with a Castle deed. As can be seen in their map here:
    http://www.paxlair.com/images_pub/PaxLairR17.jpg
    But in the town of Vengeance they used the same basic template but used for a desert biome template. In their version the 'castle' on the top of the hill is broken and the lots within consist of 4 City lots claimed with 4 City deeds. And City sized deeds can be purchased in the addon store:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085
    With that as a given, then one could even do it with 8 Town lots, or a mix like 1 City + 6 Town lots. All within that 'castle' lot/wall. (However one couldn't do it with village lots since there would be no way to access the inner ones).
    So you might want to consider such a template to build a 'castle' from smaller components.

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

What an interesting idea. I hadn't considered we could place smaller lots inside a castle wall..

Albus likes this.
  10. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

They did it for Vengeance and it actually looks really good.

Albus likes this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I saw the screenshot. :) It just didn't register in my mind they did it that way.

12. Albus

Albus Avatar

I did not realize that you could have a "castle wall" without actually having a castle lot deed? If I understand this rightly, a design in which 4 contiguous city lots are claimed (fitting where otherwise a castle lot would be), there would automatically be a castle wall around the four "city" lots with no city lot being owned?

Also, again assuming I follow this all rightly, the same would apply for two side-by-side lots, which fit the space of what otherwise could be a keep lot? So that the two "city" lots would have a "keep" wall around them as if they were combined to be a keep lot (again, without owning a keep lot?).

If this means a POT can have a keep or castle wall whilst actually having no lots of keep or castle size, I'd likely make use of such in my own design if possible. Thanks for the tip if I understand it correctly, I'll have a closer look at the vengeance layout now ;)

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Indeed I'm going to have to take a closer look. I could fit most of my holdfast inside a castle wall set up! Or at least a good portion of it.. which would actually be idea.. guild of knights and all that.. :)

Albus likes this.
  14. Albus

Albus Avatar

I'm definitely back to the drawing board with the 'new' (to me) information, thanks to Spoon for enlightening me ;) Hmm if you cannot fit all your holdfast within one "castle" wall perhaps you can set it up to fit into more than one with the right layout, or utilizing "keep" walls as well. Hmmmmmmmmm... Very interesting!

Or have some inside the "castle" wall and perhaps a POT wall surrounding the whole of your holdfast, hmm could manage some sort of concentric setup perhaps that way (if POT's get overall walls as an option ala Owl's Head)

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The entire holdfast wouldn't be very realistic though.. it wouldn't quite all fit and you'd still want some room between lots.. If you put a castle lot in a holdfast you'd still have room for 1 city lot or 4 village.. or something like that. but that still means I could have a city, 2 town and 2 village lots inside those walls with some room to spare.. That is assuming some miracle doesn't happen allowing me to upgrade my town a bit. :)

Themo Lock and Albus like this.
  16. Albus

Albus Avatar

Yes that would probably look better/more realistic... I'm not expecting to have an actual castle/keep lot so thinking of making use of walls with one of the arrays as you described, I'd never thought of that either ;)

Themo Lock likes this.
  17. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I’m not sure if that is right. :confused:
    On the screenshot it more looks like 4 village lots…and that would be reasonable. A castle is 4 times a city lot but with 4 city lots the walls would leave no space for the needed connection to a road and if the walls are part of the castle lot the inner space would be even smaller than 4 city lots...

Spoon likes this.
  18. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

That would be up to Portalarium. But....

This is the actual Desert Template 1:
    [​IMG]
    Which is designed to be able to cater anything from Holdfast to Metro.

In it you can see 3 Castle sized areas, (2x2 city). Also 7 Keep sized areas, (2 city on the side). Although some are clearly there to create an urban setting of multiple town/village/row type of setups with streets and lanes.
    In the template not all of those come with walls.

In the case of Vengeance it is a Crossroads sized settlement.
    So they are using less than half of all of those flat areas for lots, and since they are PvP they are interested in opposing team having castles or base camps of sorts.

This is how their version of that castle on top of the hill looks like (according to Dallas' friday update).[​IMG]
    You can see the broken walls and the castle area being claimed, though in the pic it looks more like 4 town lots than 4 city lots.

Food for thought....

And everyone who felt enlightened by these concepts:
    You owe me and Violation a beer in the game to be purchased in the tavern of your choice.
    :p

Sean Silverfoot and Themo Lock like this.
  19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes, you are right.
    I just saw it being divided into four lots, so I assumed 4 city lots, in the screenie above it is clearly smaller.

20. Albus

Albus Avatar

Hmm so it *looks* like they put 4 village lots inside what on the template was four city lots (they just put the village lots on the four inner corners of the city lots), and since the *template* had 4 contiguous city lots (which could have been used as 1 castle lot), they were able to have the castle wall setup? Probably a special request to Portalarium, especially since it has a special crumbling section of the walls...

I'd *guess* at least this means if one chooses a template that includes a castle/i.e., 4 contiguous city lots, a request to have castle walls framing said lots would likely be honoured (I doubt you'd *have* to take the crumbling version from the screenshot, but it certainly works well for the pvp theme). In effect, you need not actually own even the four city lots to get the city walls in that circumstance, apparently! I feel even *more* enlightened now (or I am tired and not grasping all this rightly), which means more beers yet for Spoon and Violation (if that is a good thing? :p ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.