Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP Stats in PVP Zones

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Violation Clauth, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I miss the ability to see everyone in the zone by default. It's really frustrating to not be able to know who the top killer is and go check on it. I'm a PK hunter so I want to hunt the killers... this makes it so I have to target everyone to see what's going on and then it still takes a moment for it to update. Dissapointing!

#bringBackStats!

Katrina Bekers and Net like this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

#imrightbehindyouprestackedlol

Jatvardur likes this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Shouldn't you be asking the devs to make a more robust system built on fair and challenging "hunting" and not the game shinning a flash light on anyone that dares go into a PVP zone?

I mean, I want people to be able to hunt other players. But I also want that to be a fair fight. And frankly, having pvp stats say "HELLO EVERYONE, I'm in the pvp zone! Come and get me!" Is not a good way to do that.

#ChallengeYourSelf

Abydos, Net, TEK and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Hell no! :) This way you guys are not sitting and watching who comes and goes. "Oh he just loaded in scene everyone gather up". You should not have that knowledge. It will keep you on your toes! :D

Moonshadow likes this.
  5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I never once did that... but I see your point. Did you actually have that issue one time?

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'm really confused by this... you're encouraging them to make a system to make fair hunting but then remove the ability to see the KDR of people until you engage them unless you're running around a pvp area without your weapon drawn and trying to die... because you auto fight with weapon drawn... so... I'm confused here! You're arguing for my cause right? :D

7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

No I have not had that issue yet. But I can certainly see it happening from somebody, not necessarily you. I have other posts about this topic and I believe Drocis does also. I firmly believe PvP leader boards should be in arenas, but not in world pvp zones. However I would like it to be up to each town owner in POT's to decide for themselves independently.

Duke Violation likes this.
  8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

+1 ... if it's an option then we can control it how we want and then it's up to the player to frequent that town or not. I'd likely leave it enabled until ACTUAL abuse is done instead of just speculation because currently... it helps to create good solid pvping experience for people :) I can't tell you how many times I've had someone walk up to me and say "I've been looking for you for xyz minutes because I saw you on the zone list!" and I am 99% sure that person wouldn't have looked for me if I wasn't there... which means they would have joined and left... after not seeing anyone and thinking the zone was empty.

I would like to see zone lists enabled for all zones and continue to have the KDR information displayed for pvp zones... major online games are displaying who's in your instance/zone as a commonplace and most people have matured past using it as grief because of the penalties against griefing players that are written into games ToS/EULA/ToU/TaC type documents.

I do agree with you though that I would want the capacity to disable it in the case it was being used to grief players... so good idea on letting us control that!

9. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Its good to have choices yes. We just look at things through different lenses is all . If I want to be a lone assassin, and want to pick a target out of a pack, what good is it for me to be announced on a leaderboard. How do you account for leaderboards with in game lore? For me its not explained and is something like god powers to know such information. Are you hardwired to a watcher :D

Duke Violation likes this.
  10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I don't... I look at a pre-alpha that's suffering for zone saturation and worry about game lore second... as it only affects the online players it shouldn't be something single players worry about and most multiplayer people I've talked to are concerned 1st for mechanics to get people connected and 2nd for lore... this is one of those mechanics that connect people :)

I see your point about lone assassin option as well... hmm... I don't have a good answer there besides the ability to maybe tailor the list to automatically show anyone that both you friended and they friended you back... so all players marked as "trusted" friends can be auto displayed so those of us who are aiming for very social gaming have a way to do it... then people like you who want the capacity to be a loner can do that as well... you have a great point and friends lists have no place for enemies of yours as a lone assassin :p

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I do agree during pre alpha this probably is not a bad thing as we are all testing game mechanics and such. I am purely talking after release. Game lore is important to many people also, things need to fit, and be explained, or it is just not believable for RP reasons. Like I said, I can understand leaderboards for arenas, but not for open world warfare, but I will concede the point of pre alpha it being needed. When I talked to Chris about it he mentioned maybe putting a ? in place of the players name until target the player. This would at least not alert you to "who" was there.

Bambino and Duke Violation like this.
  12. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I actually really like that... I hate names being known before you ask people and I disable name plates frequently when I'm actually in rp mode... and sometimes not in RP mode I have them disabled. I try to leave them enabled for streams but at the end of the day if I don't know who you are then your nameplate isn't going to help me... it's just a nameplate.

13. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

I like this, but then again, I like not knowing what's right around the corner and the ? will keep me alert. If we had a tracking skill, I'd say keep it as it is without any indication until clicked on.

14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Right, I would prefer no leaderboard personally. If scenes where not all huge metro size it would be easier to find people to combat. I hope to have my town be able to shrink my borders. I have a crossroads pvp underground town and I think its just to much area. I want a little more confinement.

Net and Bambino like this.
  15. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

The leadership board is great for running PvP events. If their were other methods for an event host to account kills/deaths, I'd say take out the leaderboard out also.

I agree that more confinement, reducing square footage, for larger towns would be a cool option.

16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

What if they made a npc for events That would keep the tally of death/kill ratio for registered players in an event. He could rattle off the tallies at request.

Bambino likes this.
  17. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

That would be pro, perhaps he could rattle off the running players with the most kills, death and best ratio. At the same time, he can display the current leaderboard interface in a similar way that a town crier displays lot information.

18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Exellent Idea about the town crier housing info. Just convert it to pvp stats. Thats a winner Idea right there. :)

Bambino likes this.
  19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Personally I'm not a fan of leader boards outside of tournaments etc. Really pleased with what has been done because you should never be able to see who is in a scene before you see them. In general PvP, reputation is everything and global PvP stats mean very little.

This is a great idea. :)

20. Net

Net Avatar

Well, it works the other way round too. You can see known PK to enter the area and you can leave before they find you and call in reinforcements. I would not mind if the stats were not there at all, on the other hand it is handy to known who is in the scene. I would like to see indication of how many players are in the scene.

Then again, using stealth (and/or large distance) should allow one to hide from the stats without the need to reenter the scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.