Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP Stats in PVP Zones

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Violation Clauth, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

I really don't like the stats thing. It's horribly immersion breaking and it almost turns this into a Call of Duty type situation where the only goal is have to the most kills.

There should be more to PVP than just that.

Moonshadow, Abydos, Net and 2 others like this.
  2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Agreed :)

Net likes this.
  3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Knowing that someone is there, knowing who is there, knowing his performance, and actually finding/engaging him are four different worlds.

And should be treated/balanced independently.

A players-in-scene counter; a player name list; a player list (anonymous?) with KDR; "flashlights overhead".

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

my personal opinion.
    if there is enough people in a scene for it to have several instances, sort them in a list if you get killed you is sent to a different instance
    That ensures that you can't be repeatedly killed by one person farming you and also sorts people so the more skilled is in the first instances and them still learning gets to try there skill
    vs others than the ones that just killed them.

Net likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I have a better twist on that idea...

Give the town owner the ability to "start a tournament" and anyone that wants to be a part of it can "sign in". Only the people that sign in would be on the leaderboard for the event.

That way if someone such as myself wants to stalk around the scene undeteched by automatic immersion breaking nonsense, I can.

Personally, I don't want to play in those reindeer games. I have a different playing style that doesn't involve keeping track of how many times I die or how many times I kill another player.

6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

That's your choice to have it be immersion breaking... I don't use it to play like call of duty at all... I use it to run events and I use it to manage PK issues in my town. I have lost the ability to use it for events and I have lost the ability to see who's jumping in kills extremely quickly to go and see if I need to defend new people... both of these things are sorely missed. Neither of these things break my roleplay of who I am... I'm a pk hunter and defender of the weak... this persona was announced before there was combat in the game. That's my roleplay and there is a large backstory to it that isn't yet released. I'm going to be sharing some hints of that backstory in the Vengeance Courage Quest for R19/R20 (not sure which one).

It's a mechanic... a system. It's only as visible as the health bar. Another system... it's impossible to expect them to completely remove health bars (although I've encouraged visible blood spatter and the ability to keep all nameplates and health bars off since before R1) which means it's also impossible to get rid of stats. Stats are the extrinsic value add for pvpers. That's how you tout around with a big chest and say "Look dude! I'm number 1! BE SKERD!" I hope to see stats expanded on and not removed or decreased.

Cheers!

7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

LOVE IT! Very cool idea :)

8. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

What about the people in non-POTs or what happens when a towner owner/stuard is not available.

9. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I think it should stay enabled as currently no better solution exists. And turning it off means in fact : not knowing if zone is empty.

Still i think a far, far better idea would be a simple scouting skill like UO.

It would implend a great skill. Would mean a further decision to strategic decide what you use tour skills for.

I do miss scouting, anatomy and evaluate Int Skill. This would enhance the hole pre engagen situation if pvp.

Imagine Duke Violation you enter a Zone and then you ask your teammate to use scouting skill. He then says: Envy located SW, Lich NE, Wolfs W.

Then you need: detect hidden.

So basically all those hide, tracking and analysing emeny from UO are missing

With them you need no: PvP Stats Info.

But without it, i agree we need it.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

To be honest......being able to see all the players in a Town by name is ridiculous, I don't actually agree with even being able to see the number of players within a Town. For tournaments within towns etc I would say some kind of sign up process that then creates a leader board for participants is more appropriate. As for just someone entering the areas, they should not be on any list.

Moonshadow and Bambino like this.
  11. Drocis the Devious

Seems like a permission issue to me. Just add some options for town owners to give those rights to certain players.

But for non-POTs you have pvp arenas already where there's no reason not to have the leader boards because that's what those areas are designed for - to keep score.

Duke Violation likes this.
  12. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Okay so my feedback remains... bring back the list for now... then implement these ideas for players to control events and scouting of scenes and then pull the list... that's my official feedback as of now!

Gaelis and Net like this.
  13. Net

Net Avatar

Agreed. We need some replacement for events befor you remove it from everywhere.

14. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

My idea is that there may be towns that are not player run, that may very well be PvP. I can understand where you are coming from on places such as the Shardfalls.

As a temporary solution, for everyone that wishes to enter a PvP event, can't you simply click on them as they gather just before the event starts?

15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I tend to agree. :) There are those that love that kind of thing, and its not bad that they do.I just want to be able to play/role play the game.
    I would so love these skills to be implemented Sir Myrcello. ItD definitely fits the assassin template which many pvp like.

16. Drocis the Devious

If the goal is to eventually remove placeholders like this, I can get behind putting them back in temporarily while we close that gap. I only get concerned when we are not moving towards better things. As long as it's not there at launch, great knock yourself out. (although testing for stealth would be hampered greatly by putting it back in, so sooner rather than latter would be best)

E n v y and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

+1

18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Here is a the suggestion that I have in my head. It is probably missing some details but it gets the general point across. This NPC would replace the Leaderboard that pops up on your screen in pvp areas. This NPC would have the information instead.

[​IMG]

Bambino and Gaelis like this.
  19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Have stat window show jsut the people who have aquired kills. Tho that can be reset be leaving and returning or logging out and back in. So maybe make the kill count linger on the player for a set time (Kinda like a notoriety counter) rather than being removed upon leaving a scene? That way if they go to another PvP scene after clearing otu all the gatherers from another one, they still show they have recently killed people.

Have the number of people in a zone be displayed? It would help you not waste time hunting in empty areas, but kinda turns it into a controlled ranch where you know exactly where to go to find targets at all times, so it would take away alot of the "hunting" part. No mroe thinking about where people would be or using cunning to find your prey etc. Just eneter a scene with numbers and run around.

Tho, to be fair, some folks dont have that much time on their hands and would welcome a quick jump into some time-friendly PKing action.

20. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

For me, after Private Lot ''Insible Walls', the PvP Stats Board is the BIGGEST immersion breaking.

I HATE !!!

I lile the idea with the NPC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.