Discuss - Airships!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke Gréagóir, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

investment opportunity! o_Oo_O

Jatvardur likes this.
  2. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

The aerodromes could also be designed with a limited number of 'parking spots,' to limit the 'eyesore.' ...like zoning! Larger towns have bigger aerodromes, with more spots. Medium size towns would maybe only have 1 or 2 spots so the view would remain largely unchanged. Small townsfolk would have to travel to larger towns to catch a glimpse of the airships... Sounds good, right?:D

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Epona, Duchess Wyldemane and mbomber like this.
  3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Pretty sure it is essentially a land-based version of the Baron waterfront "house" : So it is its own selection on the "House Deed" listing.

You are going to need two City-sized Lot deeds if you want to deploy them simultaneously. :)

4. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

Yes, of course, but why stop there ? If only we could combine our pledge lots into an Obsidian Compound with walls and multiple beautiful Obsidian Towers (i have 4+1 so far). Such beauty. However friends, they seem not to fully understand the greatness of the Obsidians:

"the terrible Reshapers’ Labs."
    "the disgusting chamber of the Charnel Pit still reeks of the thousands of bodies once dumped into it, each one a failed experiment. No doubt it is still in use to this day, since the mad remnants of many of those experiments still wander the dark halls seeking vile sustenance."
    "By now there’s no turning back! Just beyond the foul pit is the great central chamber of the Laboratories of the Reshapers. Three other hexagonal passages lead from this room to unknown areas, but first you’ll need to deal with whatever horrors our world-builders choose to infest this place with!"

terrible ??? disgusting ?? failed experiment???

Such derogatory terms. They speak evil of that which is glorious beyond the reach of their thoughts. Today we stand upon the shoulders of what they have learned from so called failed experiments !!! Airships are just one of many breakthroughs most certainly derived from Obsidian research. Now an Obsidian Airship would be a thing of beauty. I weep even as i imagine it.

Melissa, Womby, Albus and 7 others like this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I will wait for the mini version I can use for travel on the map. I can see where travel with these in game would be difficult, but traveling around on the overland map would be fantastic.

6. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

What random encounters will we have during airship travel? Flocks of migrating dragons trying to roast us for their mid-morning morsel ?

7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Would need an entirely new set of fauna.

Giant floating cloud-like jelly-fish.

Flocks of winged pigs.

Air pirates!
    Oh, glorious. :cool:

8. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

Air pirates. Aye Love it !!!

9. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

Like this! ...but as residences

[​IMG]

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I totally dig it.

[edit] Especially Darkstarr’s.

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I am all in favor of more obsidian structures/items! I also would love more necromancer items if possible, more undead structures and items! But the Obsidian stuff is a great start!

12. redfish

redfish Avatar

Hmm..

Air elementals.
    Storm elementals.
    Rocs.
    Griffons.
    Harpies.
    Storm wraiths.
    Phoenixes.

Pirates! Btw, whenever they add in sea combat, they should not just have pirates, but also skeletal / spectral pirates !

13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I'd pay more than $350 if I could fly that thing around town.

14. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

That is something i would LOVE in add on store and something you can earn in game. Nice, dark dreary subbasement for my secret chaos shrine and necromancer laboratory. Think of the experiments. Hopefully it comes with a nice crafting bonus. Sigh...
    Airship made from the skins and bones of "failed experiments" may not be so bad for necromancer lovers. Keep in mind i see some of this at work. Oh yes, im a full time embalmer in real life, not one of the folks wanting to be a necromancer that has never seen a corpse in her or his life.

15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Slightly mixed feelings but mostly love it.. now I have to choose by air or by sea? (should the opportunity arise)

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  16. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

My concern is this lack of a unifying aesthetic we have in game going on. All towns are going to be this weird mix of.... all kinds of things from all kinds of themes across all kinds of eras. Pretty much the only town that has any real sense of identity right now is Ardoris.

17. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I proposed something to help with that in the Dev+ forums and never got a response.

Ardoris only has a unified appearance because it is almost all row houses and all row houses look alike. So you don't have Obsidian Towers next to Elf homes, next to Viking homes, next to Wizard towers, next to Knight homes, etc.

I proposed that a town or region can have a color palette. Each home could have a number of alternate textures/styles to fit those regions. So if you place a Wizard Tower in Britanny, it fits in Britanny more and looks different than a Wizard Tower in Owl's Head.

Even if they don't do full on alternate textures for each player home, they can just shift the palette a little to match the city/region more.

18. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Pretty much this.

When I was working on my Ardoris map it had me thinking that for the major NPC cities they should make them mostly row homes and restrict them to certain wall textures and roof types. You would still be able to choose 2/3/4 story row house with whatever room layout and balcony, but your wall texture and roof style would match the rest of the city. This would ensure that it would retain it's architectural identity.

Another thing I think they should do is alter the the Castle and Duke plot outer walls so that they are a more asian style that fits Ardoris. And do the same for any other major city like Britanny and such. It would also make those plots more unique too.

Things like this would go someway to making the NPC/Plot cities unique places and combating the really hodge-podge art direction at the moment.

19. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I hadn't thought of unique wall/fences for each major city/region but I really like that.

20. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

Very important!!! Hopefully POT owners will be given some ability to help keep a theme if they so choose. "Lack of a unifying aesthetic." You hit the nail on the head. I hope they give this some VERY serious consideration. Part of the fun of exploring new areas for me will be regional and/or local specific "architectural identity".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.