Angry? Let it be! Let it be KNOWN!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spartacus2, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartacus2

Spartacus2 Avatar

Are you upset with the game, game mechanics, skills, lack of skills, monster AI or what have you?(bugs and glitches and not knowing if it even is a bug or glitch)
    I want to hear it. I have been going crazy myself and I want to rant here and I want to rant there. But we all know the forum rules. Or so we should. But we should have place to let it out and I am inviting one and all to come and do it here. You are not alone. And I have not found a place where one can just sing it how you feel it. Just please keep it somewhat clean and do not attack anyone for their opinion. We are all supporters of "the game" and of LORD BRITISH! And of his minions :p

2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Haha, this is a nice idea! This release has been tough on me, I admit. Being new to MMOs in general, I had a hard time learning the first skill system and understanding leveling and how to go about playing. Just when I was starting to find my feet everything changed!

I'm having fun, and loving this new system, but it's frustrating because things seem so much more buggy lately. All the broken recipes and harvesting glitches on top of the new use based system totally have my head spinning! Not being able to craft what you want, when you want, especially with those repair kits, (grrr) is a pita.

Thanks for giving me a place to whine :D

3. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

So the the repair kit has dissappeard from my recipe book? Was looking for it like crazy

4. agra

agra Avatar

Spider poison that removes >75% health of a new player.
    Spider poison that removes >50% health of a level 20 player.

"small" wolf spiders... I'm looking at you. :eek:

5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

No way to evaluate an enemy makes for lots of dying. Lots and lots.

Aggro range is acceptable, but targeting range is very not.

Still no way to opt out of the random encounters that aren't ambushes. And running on the road seems to trigger encounters faster, which defeats the purpose of moving more quickly.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

You want some cheese with that whine Margaritte? :p

7. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Yes, my Lord Baron. Instruct your steward to bring me blue cheese with fig jam and some whole wheat crackers post haste! Also, the rosé whine and some grapes would be lovely ;)

8. Epona

Epona Avatar

I have to constantly remind myself that we're (The Game) still in development. Sometimes, I want to throw in the towel. Sometimes I get pissed and sometimes I marvel. I do think it's a great idea to be able to voice these whines or observations and frustrations, because that's the way we can help to improve the game and make it complete. I don't like to lose that initial wonderful enthusiasm I had when I first joined Shroud. It's like falling in love and everything is rosy and magical. But then you begin to see flaws, experience rough times -- LOL. They say maintaining love in relationship takes work. :)

I am experiencing more issues with this release -- which is not to knock this release -- I love it! But I lag a LOT, there are problems with the behavior of creatures, and many instances of not being able to loot any creatures so they will respawn, those sorts of things. Like Margaritte, I am also struggling to grasp the new skills system, be it ever so simple.

But did I say how much I love the rain and lightning? :D

9. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Dumb rabbits and stags, come out of those bushes so I can take a couple of whacks at you,!

I tell ya, totally unfair that I cannot level on these things without the great chase at 3x speed and the unreachable safe spots they like to go to hide in.

10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

As my man Cary Elwes said in the movie Princess Bride, "As you wish..." :D

11. Kendaric

Kendaric Avatar

Not to mention the aggro range of any type of spider... spiders are the bane of my character.

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

U know there are alot of fires burning but that's all part of what we signed up for right.

The check for me is are the devs willing to move in the right direction and solve these things and I believe so.

Deck system - improved
    Use based skills -fixed
    Full loot pvp - promised
    Reagents - forgotten about
    Taming - ugggg lots to do.
    #saveautoattack - waiting

Just kidding have faith it will get there. Lots to do though I doubt they make thier release window.

If they launch this before all this stuff is sorted ugggg.

13. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

14. Halic

Halic Avatar

After the latest fiasco of a update ive lost almost all faith frankly, the new combat system is completely hosed, you dont know if your progressing or not, it feels almost like a asian grinder now, wish there was a refund all button right now frankly.

Epona and docdoom77 like this.
  15. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yup, those things are nasty... But the good news is a "Haly" at level 30 takes them out real fast...

Epona likes this.
  16. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

OK, so we can "Witch" about anything?

Starr Long, how dare you drink Vodka, that stuff is nasty straight up, Frangelicos is the way to go... A nice sweet liquor made for sipping... Chris, you guys are getting far too drunk on the job... Go back to work...

Salvage, I demand to be able to drag a group of rusty swords and salvage them all in one motion, not freaking 1 by 1, do you know how many drag, drops that is, do you...

OK, I'm done... Syanars, odeous, goodbye, I'm out`a here, vamoose you varments...

17. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

This, OMG, this! And dragging things into chests should lift the whole dang stack!

18. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

+1 for the "witch" about all those $#@^&*$& rusty swords we drag one by %&$# one!

And, I hate reminding people this is pre-alpha. Then I hate to be reminded this is pre-alpha. But mostly I hate that it IS pre-alpha.

I'd also like the letter M stricken from the alphabet. I just don't use it all that uch.

SmokerKGB, margaritte and Doom Angel like this.
  19. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

20. Epona

Epona Avatar

I'm not sure if this applies to dragging and dropping rusty swords, but if it helps I click select the top sword on the list, hold down the Shift key, and click the sword at the bottom of the list to select the entire bunch of swords. I release the Shift key, and then drag the whole bunch at once.

Once I've selected and dragged the whole bunch, I look over the list to be sure I didn't inadvertently drag something that shouldn't be in the list, like my repair kits. If I do, then I will just drag the item(s) back into the inventory.

(Edit: spelling)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.