Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Selfish request #484 unstack items option

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Often when I'm crafting, planting, repairing, etc... I'll find myself shift-drag-select-1 item over and over. Really what I'd like to do is unstack so I can drag one at a time easily to the workbench / paper doll / inventory. Please?

Ravenclaw likes this.
  2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Hold ctrl while dragging, selects just 1 item...

agra likes this.
  3. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Hi Dirk,

Something someone pointed out to me last week was that you can double click on the item in your recipe book and it automatically puts the correct amount of items in the crafting window--all ya gotta do is tap the craft button. This was a blessing for me and has made crafting so much nicer. You probably already knew this, but it helped me so much I thought it was worth mentioning.

Cheers,
    Cornfellow

4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I don't understand what you exactly need.

As Smoker said, ctrl-dragging picks just one item out of a stack.

Then, shift-dragging lets you select how many items you want to unstack from a stack and separate in a different stack.

On the paperdoll you can drag multiple items at once (selected with ctrl+click and shift+click), and if possible, the UI will equip them all.

As Alexandra said, recipes don't even need to drag anything: just double-click on the recipe icon in the recipebook and if you have all the ingredients, they'll be transferred inside the workbench - replacing everything else there may be already inside.

Please, provide a practical example of what you need to do, and maybe there's a way to do it.

5. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Not everything has a recipe: agriculture or repairing w/ kits for example.
    And even if there is a recipe, many do not behave as you might like, replacing items on the table with other items in your inventory. Specifically: try having multiple rings in inventory, and start adding gems to them. Sometimes a socketed ring will end up on the table.

I did not know about ctrl click. I was shift clicking for everything. My request still stands though. Unstacking would be preferable to me.

6. Noric

Noric Avatar

On the subject of repairing specifically I recently was able to drag a whole stack onto the table and it used one at a time.

SmokerKGB and Dirk Hammerstrike like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.