Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Duplicate Empty Bag in Crafting Invetory is Confusing

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Black Tortoise, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Firstly, R28 is great! Love the new graphics, models, textures, towns, zones, everything! Thats so much for all your hard work, devs, artists, producers, and everyone involved.

So I almost reported the following as a bug, but then realized it isnt really a bug, but an awkward UX that could seem like a bug.

When crafting, there are now 2 "bags" which appear in the inventory. One holds all my player inventory, the other is a mysterious empty container. Clicking on one of the bags displays my full inventory. Clicking the other also states that it is my inventory, but its totally empty. This led me to believe that some bug caused my inventory to disappear (all my prosperity tools, yikes!). I logged out and in, and my inventory returned, so I thought it was a bug.

As I was trying to make a reproduceable case to open a ticket on here, I realized the issue was just my misinterpretation of the objects in the new Crafting UI. Im gonna take a wild guess that the 2nd, empty container shouldnt be displayed, and that it serves as a placeholder for my actual inventory backpack itself or something.

Also, the weapons equipped in my hands should not be salvageable. I'd hate to accidentally drag n drop them and destroy them unintentionally. Right now they appear like any other item in my inventory (instead of greyed out like an equipped item).

2. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

What happens when you move an item from one "bag" to another? Isn't this just part of the new bags in list inventory mode feature?

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I dont actually have this bag in my inventory (at least, it isnt displayed, and I cant interact with it from that context). It only appears in my crafting inventory, not in my normal inventory.

To answer your question: I think I just figured out what it is - the 2nd, empty, seemingly-extraneous bag is actually the container for the crafting station's "inventory". When I put an object into the empty bag, it appears in the list of items used on the crafting station.

4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Can you rename the bag, like other containers?

5. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Very interesting, I guess that's how the back end handles keeping items if you leave the crafting station without pressing the take all button.

6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

bug entered

stratigos and Mitch [MGT] like this.
  7. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

hah yah thanks @DarkStarr I wasnt sure if it was a bug or not :)

Mitch [MGT] likes this.
  9. GingerLoaf

GingerLoaf Developer Emeritus

It looks like this was resolved by another bug fix. It was pretty weird to see those random bags in the list! Good find :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.