1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caladar

Caladar Avatar

Seriously?

One of the things that made UO great (in my personal opinion) was exactly that Mark / Recall mechanism and later on the addition of rune books.

However, I never liked that even characters without any magic skill could use recall from scrolls and books.
    Personal recall to bind point should be available to everyone, but the freedom to mark / recall / gate anywhere should be restricted to mages with very high skill level.

I will be very sad if there is no teleportation.

Cal

GraveDncer, Leelu and Dorham Isycle like this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Opinions differ. You're welcome to yours.

Mark/Recall turned the game from a Land to a collection of points of interest where what was between them mattered not in the least.

I would be very glad if there were no teleportation.

I'm no more likely to see my preferred state than are you.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Easy teleportation has basically turned FFXI into that as well. The difference is that it's an old game, and needs it to keep people playing for a while longer as population continues to decline, leaving way too much world for the players that are left on some servers.

There are parts of the world that I haven't been to in a long time, and it's kind of sad to be nostalgic about parts of a world that you can still get to in 15 minutes. Admittedly, a lot of places were never really worth going to (no good exp camps, just a far away place to stretch out the time it takes to do quests and story line missions), but it isn't just those places where nobody goes anymore.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

see it exactly how you wish to. if it exists and you dislike it so, don't use it.

i won't be using any sort of teleportation, if i can help it.

5. kantresse

kantresse Avatar

My account page does not show lot collection dates. Will this be forthcoming?

Mata likes this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Alternatively, one could also set up an alarm/alert on their phone or Google/outlook calendar (or whatever tool they use for tracking day-to-day schedule) anyway.

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

It should be there now. If it isn't, I would send an email to support@portalarium.com.

But first I would double-check to make sure everything is ok with your account. If you own a pledge (of Ancestor or above) the pledge should show up under the Pledges tab. Any lot deeds you purchased in the add-on store should be listed under the Add-Ons, etc tab. If your property deed ownership looks ok in those places, then your Lot Selection group should be displayed at the very top of the Accounts page in the box under your account name.

Leelu and Mata like this.
  8. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome kantresse!

Leelu likes this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Is your pledge level Ancestor or above?
    Have you bought a Lot from the Add-On Store?

If the answer to either or both of these is Yes, then you have a problem and should contact support@portalarium.com

If the answer to both of these questions is No, then things are as they should be because you do not have a Lot Deed with which to claim a Lot. Therefore, the Lot Selection Process does not apply to you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Leelu, Katrina Bekers and Kara Brae like this.
  10. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

These are by far the 2 Post-Wipe features that I really wish were Pre-Wipe scheduled. These are the kinds of things that wow people when I talk about the game in public.

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, but I'm glad they're finally coming in. These are really cool features.

CrazyPhil likes this.
  12. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I have some questions about the mechanics of lot claiming: Will we all be allowed to log in on 28th July but not be allowed to place a lot until our designated slot? Assuming that I can log in any time, when my slot comes 'live' can I already be in-game or do I have to log in after the start of my slot?

Leelu likes this.
  13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

You can log in on the 28th and start playing, but you can't claim any property until your group's turn.

Leelu and Wintermute of CoF like this.
  14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

server will go live a short time before the beginning placement tier, you can log in whenever you want after the server goes live and be in game before your tier starts

edit: too slow!

15. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

So I can go and pick up my deed from the bank at any time and camp outside my preferred (available) location in the minutes before my slot activates?

Not that camping there will do me any good, of course, since there's no way to stop anyone else attempting to claim the same lot I am at the same time. Could be exciting times.

My slot starts at lunchtime on a Monday, so now I'm wondering if it's worth taking the day off work :) I guess I'll get to see how it all shakes out for the higher level pledges.

Leelu and Kara Brae like this.
  16. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Yes, just carry your deed around and camp out at your favored spot. For Release 29 DarkStarr has announced a test of the lot selection process. I don't have a clear idea of what this will entail, but we may get a better idea of what the land rush will be like in July.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/q2-2016-schedule-update.48263/

RELEASE 29, April 28, 2016
    • Full Wipe: Once again, we are going to make some fundamental changes to item and quest architecture that require us to do a full wipe for Release 29. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that if you have been waiting to convert your purchases to store credits, this is your chance to do so as long as you do NOT log into the game once R29 goes live (which automatically claims the items and prevents conversion). NOTE: This is the last wipe before the final wipe in July.
    • Story: New scenes will appear in the regions of North Paladis, Midmaer, and Verdantis, including the city of Central Brittany which will appear in the game for the first time. At this point, the Love storyline will be playable from beginning to end and we will begin final polish on that storyline.
    • Lot Selection Sequence: The lot selection sequence process implemented and tested by players. Pacing for these initial tests will be very accelerated with lot selection windows being mere minutes versus a full 24 hours.
    • Player Towns: Player Owned Towns that have locked submission forms will appear in the game, and more Player Run Town scenes with small NPC cores with basic functions (banks, shops, trainers) will appear across Novia. New variations on the town templates may also appear.
    • Performance: Major efforts will be done to optimize performance. This will include frame rate improvements, load time improvements, and memory footprint improvements. We will also begin officially supporting Windows 10.

17. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

is it a 1:1 ratio of minutes:hours for R29? As in, does each tier have 64 minutes before the next tier begins?

18. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

The really exciting Tier is gonna be the last one. 91 is gonna be a free for all with everyone, from Barons to Ancestors trying to place their secondary/Add on Store lots (if they have them). That's gonna be a real stress server test I think:)

Only good thing (for me) is it happens in the middle of a Tuesday night in the old USA, so us Europeans/Aussies may have a bit of an advantage for a change.

Im still taking the day off work for it though (at least my primary lot is on a weekend, so that's something)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  19. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I imagine that 91 will be like the O.K. Corral. I've already scheduled both days off at work so that I'll be ready.

stratigos and Ice Queen like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Not for me... I'll log in and place my remaining lot in my town and then pop popcorn. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.