It's necessary to see PLAYERS on SINGLE MODE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatsu., Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

it's necessary to display players on single player mode to other players...

there are 50%-80% of skilled players (that have played SOTA on prealpha)
    that are playing on SINGLE PLAYER MODE for 80% of game time (necessary to gain resources and skills)

I want just to request this:

DISPLAY A GHOST where a SINGLE-PLAYER player is...
    the ghost can't interact with nothing on Multiplayer istance... or Single istance... or Only-Friends istance...
    BUT THIS IS NECESSARY to fully undestand HOW MANY PLAYERS are gaming in the scene...

NAMES are not necessary.. .JUST LOW POLY transparent figures... A game with a LOT of REAL PLAYER(ghosts) DISPLAYED is better...

the point is: "seems that everyone here want to PLAY and EMPTY GAME (with a lot of invisible players) NOW... and and EMPTY GAME (really empty, without players) NEXT YEAR..."

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

The devs are already very busy with the game as is, without having to waste their time/effort with unnecessary frivolity like this.

3. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

i kind of agree with celthon here. If you want to see the other players, join multi online.

Leelu, enderandrew and Solazur like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Definitely NOT, single player is that way for a reason, if you want to interact with other players get in to multi player, the choice is yours, but I agree this request is a non starter.

5. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i Understand that DEVELOPERS are very BUSY...

BUT.. a first impression of a NEW PLAYER can be : NO PLAYERS ON THIS GAME..... add visibility to all players can JUST increase PORTALARIUM SUCCESS... AND SOTA SUCCES.

JUST THIS.

THIS IS NOT TRUE... if i want to see other players... NOW IS NOT POSSIBLE... because 50%/80% are INVISIBLE... (do you understand now what is my request?)

6. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

While I don't think a ghost of those in SP is needed to be seen in MP and this is a nonstarter, it is also bringing up a valid concern. I know I play alot in SP because its easier to farm resources without the competition. Many players do and only goto MP for events or group events (if they don't go friends only). This is all working as intended

Many people like to play where there are others but right now there aren't alot of people in MP. So it seems like no one is playing the game. New players will log in and see little to no players and could think that this game is a dud and stop playing.Don't know a solution for this.

Numa and CampersCrispin like this.
  7. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I think the OP was requesting that if you're in multiplayer, you should be able to see everyone else including those in single player - not the reverse if you're playing solo.
    I suspect the main reason you don't see many people even in multiplayer is instancing, but I'm not sure how far that extends now.
    Agree with the other posters anyway, I don't think there would be much benefit to the suggestion, it's always good to share ideas though if you think they'd improve the game.

8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Going into SINGLE PLAYER mode means you are making the intentional decision to play SINGLE PLAYER, which means by definition, not playing with others.

There are players who want a single player only game and don't want to see other players.

If you want to see other players, there are two multiplayer online modes for that.

Stahlknecht and 4EverLost like this.
  9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yell at us all you want this request is obtuse and there is no reason for it, in time players will migrate back to multi player, but as it is now we don want to just stumble over all the other players and honestly I have no desire to waste my time dealing with people who refused to enter the game earlier, for one reason or another or just bought an account and refuse to read ANY of the posts / literature on how to actually play the game.

There are at least 6 requests every day for information that has been put out in depth before and is already out there.

A new player get no benefit just because they see that there are people in a scene so absolutely no need at all, and any player who has been here really does not care.

So yell away, but looks like the majority does not see any reason to even consider this.

I'm done here so don't bother yelling at me again.

10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Tell every single new player to join SotA Discord server. This is where they will be able to see, talk, chat, flirt, trash and/or sometimes PVP most of the players there.

4EverLost, Leelu and enderandrew like this.
  11. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

they are using SINGLE PLAYER MODE to GAIN MAXIMUM from RESOURCES... not to NOT SEE OTHER HUMANS....

i just want that SOTA can BE a next Ultima Online.. .and the best thing of ultima ONLINE was the LOT OF PLAYERS At the same time... (Actually.. there are a lot of player on SOTA.... BUT NOT VISIBLE ... and this can be an ISSUE.. for the GAME and FOR THE PORTALARIUM BUSINESS)

Talking about ISTANCES...... there are a lot of scenes... FILL an ISTANCE FULLY in all scenes is very HARD... i understand that on a a SPECIAL EVENT .. there are just 64 players at the same time... but .. 64 players.. are a LOT of players! ..

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Why is it better?
    What's the point of this request?

13. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

To see LOT of players on teh game... i can't understand what is the problem...

seems that everyone here want to PLAY and EMPTY GAME (with a lot of invisible players) NOW... and and EMPTY GAME (really empty, without players) NEXT YEAR...

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ah you want the ghosts in the multiplayer instance.
    Dunno. Imagine it rather annyoing.

Net likes this.
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Let me get this straight......
    You purposely entered the game in Single Player mode, and are upset because you can't see anyone else ?
    Do I have that part correct ?

And you're also upset because you think too many other players are also in Single Player mode, correct ?

Whyterose Flowers, Net and Leelu like this.
  16. Enziet

Enziet Avatar

? I have seen no shortage of people in the game. Even wandering around Novia I still see plenty of people. It's an interesting idea I guess, but not needed right now. I can see something like this maybe way down the line.

17. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I don't need to see ghosts but if the number of people in the scene, SPO or otherwise, affects resource availability it would be a handy metric to have.

18. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Thinks it's the opposite. He entered MP and didn't see a lot of players because most of us are in SP mode.

19. Derium

Derium Avatar

I hate the fact we can play in single player mode.

Why? Because it's the only mode worth playing in because of resources and mobs. I wish at least resources were all tied in together. While it's fun getting all the resources you need, it kills the "value" of them, while making you feel obligated to play in an empty game =/

Numa and CampersCrispin like this.
  20. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

To know that there is competition already in my selected spot for house placement would have helped to avoid this place (can't be really competitive from Europe on a relatively slow Internet connection with US players, if the runtime of the click to the server matters) and select a place with an eventually better chance. So I wasted my chance and capitally failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.