Its been eating at me....Whats the state of Cannibalism in Shroud?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ravicus Domdred, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I would have to respectfully disagree with this because with the "flagged for PVP" thing would require me to participate in PVP in order to deal with the issue when I just don't want to have anything to do with it. I wouldn't care if it's allowed in a POT because again I could easily avoid it, but being able to display body parts openly in the game in PRTs and NPC towns, even with consequences, would mean I have to witness them and that's a seriously off-putting issue for me personally.

2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I can understand this. We are just hashing out ideas. In my suggestion you would be only flagged pvp if you where the one that has the body parts displayed. This actually has nothing to do with cannibalism but it could be tied to it.
    Right now I am not sure if you can even display body parts. In the past we have asked for the ability to put heads on pikes. I would not mind if this was limited to pvp areas though. I really want to have people opt out of it if they feel uncomfortable. :)

Time Lord and The Obsidian Eye like this.
  3. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

You folks are a boring lot.

Time Lord, Black Tortoise and Ravicus like this.
  4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

lol. Hey we got to be able to discuss this stuff. I personally am really happy that we have found much common ground!

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Where we supposed to have a big heated argument or something? *scratches head*

6. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Yeah, I don't expect anyone to bite my head off over this. I never opted in, anyway! ;)

7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Maybe we could add grave robbing to this list! Use the survey skill to find old graves and dig up old avatar loots and bones!

8. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Before we start eating each other... Can we please... PLEASE get some emotes that make sense? If you smoke... maybe your clothes should turn yellow and your focus should be reduced. If you take too many PEDs... er... Obsidian Potions, maybe girl characters grow mustaches and boy characters grow boobies. We can dance, and sing, and kiss, and flex, and get drunk, puke, and smoke... during the last telethon I heard mention something about being able to kill babies... but we still can't kill cats. What is up with the immortal cats!?! And we have outhouses and equipment tied directly to the profession of cooking.. but no one goes poopy or pee-pee? Really?

Moiseyev Trueden, Acred and Time Lord like this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There's a certain level of realism that games should never strive for. Would you REALLY want to watch your character perform in the outhouse? Really?

10. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Well, when you say it like that - that's just gross.

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

ok, please keep this on topic! I understand the need for tangents but keep it related to cannibalism and cannibalism related ideas. Lets continue to work on what we have achieved so far in this thread as we have made some common ground and I am pleased with the direction of the discussion. If you must talk about other emotes please make a new thread or post in one on emotes already started.

12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OK :D I gota' reference our first Cannibal Thread here :D All 34 fun filled pages of it :p
    Please excuse me though... o_O
    "Because that was back in my orange days before I had pity for our Portalaium Readers" :(
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ating-our-friends-rg-talked-about-this.10643/

'!:eek:~"The Food Fight Solution"~:confused:!'
    [​IMG]

"I believe that your opinion is every bit as important as every other player that posts here!

"This is a very serious subject... o_O and if we don't talk about it now and it is placed into our game without our input, then we get what we get and that's that...o_O This is why I felt that is was "so important" to bring to the general public attention and needed not to be ignored for all our sakes and interests.

Currently it would seem that those who would wish to play their Character/Avatar in this way, will have some very serious issues to deal with in many different horrid consequences for their actions.

"A Cannibals Life in New Britannia Could be Called the Toughest Play to a No Reward Ending Trail of Misery and Despair"!<---<<< I cannot emphasize that enough, this is the toughest way anyone will be able to engage in our game and becomes almost impossible to decelerate from or change your ways back from! It's nothing but a road to total despair and self destruction with few up sides to it as that player heads to it's enviable doom!

The PvP and PK's life style have nothing tough about them in comparison with the Cannibal.
    And that's how it should be ;) a path into nothingness with no reward other than some rare's to sell if anyone would want to buy them before the Cannibal's demise.
    "The PK and PvP should run for their lives from the Cannibal"!

(((Does anyone here remember "The Three Stooges" in "Worlds of Ultima; The Savage Empire?" Then try to imagine if those tribes were Cannibals)))
    A Cannibal must eat more and more. Every other food is almost worthless or makes them puke offering no value at all. Imagine their very short life span and terrible afflictions in common life, causing them to be weak and almost helpless in fighting. Then imagine a well fed Cannibal, stronger than any and more powerful the more they eat, yet must eat ever more and more increasing to an amount that cannot be eaten. Then imagine that Cannibal headed back down a very speedy pathway to ultimately becoming a painful creature to see staving and helpless, just waiting for anyone to kill them or be able to save them from at "Great Expense!" to the Cannibal, because nothing else will save them. Thus, who needs a PK when you've got something truly worthy as the Cannibal. The PvP and PK grow flowers by comparison.

We wimp out with nothing less than a monstrous player headed down a glorious pathway, to the individual cannibal's inevitable doom.

"Everything else seems, sounds and tastes wimpy to me" ;)
    ~Time Lord~:cool:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  13. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Not likely but you can puke on their body and then corpse explode them. :D

14. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Man that was a fun thread. Lots of heated discussion in it. I have to confess that I was rather bullheaded in that thread but I think many others where also. One thing that really kept me pushing it is that @RichardGarriott wanted it and promoted it. I am a diehard fan of his and agreed that it should be in game. At some point I think that Lord Blackthorn used some magic on him as Richard has forgotten about this and leaving us die hards hanging in limbo, and all we wanted to do was follow the king. I do believe blackthorn has usurped him (the shadowlords from U5 did this to blackthorn). Would love to Cast a "revitalization spell" on Richard as to bring him back and champion the fight for what he wants!

15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~We All Band Together Back Then~
    Or I should say "we all got banned together" ;)
    [​IMG]
    What a great battle it was to gained something from it..
    I still say it ain't over till the fat lady get's eaten!

Man is too much lookin for the cookin :D
    @crossbowsoda Nailed it!
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

16. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

It may have cost us an arm and a leg, but that was all part of the fun! ;) Looking forward to meeting up and adventuring with you all in-game! For now, I'll be grinding-grinding-grinding...

... the bones of my victims, that is.

17. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Yep. Limit realistic aspects to avoid tedium.

Ravicus and Time Lord like this.
  18. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

How did you go presenting your cannibal paper to the devs 3 years ago?

Acred, Ravicus Domdred and Time Lord like this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

We held a secret meeting with Lord British where each of us took a bite off DarkStars's toenails o_O
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:D

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  20. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

'including' Lord British? :O

Acred and crossbowsoda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.