Is there enough Gold in game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Earl Atogrim von Draken, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Morning Lords and Ladys,

i am using a Tantalus Consortium Vendor in Brit Fields.
    I sell my items with pretty competative prices compared to the rest of the fields and the BMC price list (except my CotOs). I am mostly selling ressources.
    Non the less the sales went down since the start of r32 to exactly 0 during the last 2 or 3 days.

Now i am of course asking myself if it is the prices or the location or if there isn't enough gold in game as it was mentioned in the Telethon.

Anybody got any insights or personal experience he or she can share?

Jatvardur, Baalice, Cally and 4 others like this.
  2. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

I think now that some loopholes have been plugged people are holding onto their money a bit to see how the economy fares. I know I am.

Cally, Kaisa, uziraff and 1 other person like this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I will sspare you the question where you got your money from ;-)
    Before r33 i had roughly 10k. Sellling a bit, buying equipment and vanity stuff from the neighbourhood.
    But for a few days already (before r33) i have a hard time to restock my gold. There are a lot of areas around Brit for farming but it seems they are mostly for ressources (can't pick up a fight with the 4 skull elven fighters at the moment. They pretty much manage to kill me with their last HP lol).
    With the new loot table i have the feeling it will get worse.

Snikorts, Baalice, Cally and 3 others like this.
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't know anything about the amount of gold in the game, but it makes sense that sales of raw materials would be slowing down. A lot of people were buying to skill up their crafting and/or make their first set of decent gear.

Cally and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Maybe. Got a load of crafters around me in the fields. Thought they would buy the ressources. But i guess they are farming them by themselfes or they don't have thee coin to buy them because they aren't abel to sell much also.
    That's one of the things i am trying to find out with this topic ^^ Really the question is if i totally missjudged or if its the system hehe.
    But i can see on the rest of the vendors that even the crafters seem to have a hard time selling something.

6. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

I have no problem sharing how I got my gold. I Saw this all coming and sold some stuff and bought Cotos and then sold them. I do not have much money, but it is enough to get me started.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I am sorry, i was kidding. Didn't mean to imply something.
    Was more like: i can understand if you want to protect your farmingspot or something.

8. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

My usual place for gold is Greymark forest I can get 1000-2000 GP per hour there. I can take on 2-3 elves there by myself usually (adventure lvl 50). I went through the Hilt Fortress in nightshade pass recently and came out with about 2000 GP as well. Except for the lich and his army at the bottom (or nearly bottom as there is one small level below the lich) it was not too difficult. But it seems incomplete. Unfortunately, most of the time I go somewhere it seems incomplete.
    My gold goes all to reagents.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    agra, Cally, Kaisa and 4 others like this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Did you make the run after the r33 patch?

Cally likes this.
  10. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

No, not with GreyMark Forest, I did that the night before. At the start of R32 I went directly to Hidden Vale and stayed there until just before then end of R32. Soltown had changed a lot! I needed to go to Desolis to get expert fire training.

I ran through the Hilt Fortress last night in R33.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  11. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

they need to gather or they dont get enough xp to actually train crafting.

agra and Cally like this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Gathering dosen't seem to yield a lot of EP.

Baalice and Cally like this.
  13. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

5 skull nodes give me 500xp ... and imo is the only source for crafting xp, because the 20xp per refinement dont even matter imo. or did i miss something?

[edit] i locked all gathering skills in their 60-70s though, to pool enough xp to get max gains when crafting. trying to minimize resource-use.

Snazz, Cally and Raxhelm like this.
  14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

That's an interessting information. Didn't know that.
    Thanks. That might be one of the reasons.

Cally likes this.
  15. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Try to sell something that is for pure enjoyment like books! I haven't sold one since they announced the lottery.... at least my little bit of evidence seems to point to the fact that people are hoarding and/or throwing their money into the lottery.

Cally, x_Selene_x, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Then at least the goldsink would work. Even if it sinks too much gold hehe.
    Beside: me wrieting a whole story in english? Mhhhh.

Cally and Vyrin like this.
  17. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

You don't need to write one, I will for you!

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Well i got a magical printing press i never used so far. Which is a pity. maybe its time to put it to a good use ^^

Cally and Vyrin like this.
  19. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Sadly you don't use a printing press to create a book. They make copies. They are "magical copy machines".

Snikorts and Cally like this.
  20. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The new loot tables in R33 are tricky. :)

I went from farming about 7 to 10k an hour to farming just 500 an hour.

There are a number of reasons for this.
    1. The aforementioned loot table changes. Lower level mobs now get Rusty Swords and Shoddy Bows throughout Novia. This reduced the NPC buy price about 50%. The devs had done this to a few scenes with patches during R32, but I believe they made mass changes in R33 to close up most of the gaps. (I haven't found a new gap yet)
    2. The Owl's Head blacksmith no longer pays out double for weapons. So a weapon that used to get much more, now gets much less.
    3. Some scenes have changed the type of mob that's in the environment. It's more time consuming and annoying to fight against ranged mobs. Spell casters drop reagents. Bears, Wolves, Scorpions, Spiders, are not very profitable. The larger weapons weigh more, so people farming Satyr axes (for example) may not be able to carry as much loot back to sell, my guess is that it evens out quite a bit and there's a very similar reward based on time spent grinding regardless of what you're selling to NPC's now.

The end result is that gold truly is more difficult to acquire. Although I'm sure there are still some spots out there that people are farming away at, I just haven't found them, yet.

So while it may be easy to have a knee jerk reaction to this and think the world is doomed, as long as everyone is experiencing the same amount of grind, it's ok. Prices will stabilize, and there will be a new "normal" that accounts for the difficulty in acquiring gold. Problems occur when one group or a few people figure out how to exploit or obtain far more gold than everyone else. That's when you have markets that don't make sense and people can't afford the crazy prices that merchants are selling for.

But the real question we should be asking ourselves is WHY the developers did it this way? @DarkStarr

Was it that they wanted to balance the supply said of gold before they attempted to balance the demand side? Or was it that they just randomly started balancing things and haven't even gotten to a point where they can look at the economy holistically in any meaningful way?

Vyrin's bookstore and Earl Atogrim's vendor examples are a perfect case studies where there's supply but the demand is almost non-existent. When I was making 10k an hour I often felt like I WAS the economy. I would buy up 7 to 10 items at a time on the public vendor. Some people no doubt saw my name and thought "Why is this guy the only one buying from me?" Now that's temporarily stopped and I wonder how long it will take those merchants to adjust their prices, or stop selling entirely? (public vendors are very expensive if you're not actually selling anything).

In the cases above, Vyrin and Earl Atogrim are using private vendors and therefore can afford to have their inventory sit indefinitely. But that's not very fun. :)

So I suspect the next phase of the economy changes will actually be to get some liquidity back into the markets so that non-exploiters can actually go out and buy something. That is assuming that the devs feel comfortable that there are no longer players making 25k per hour, or exploits that have been used to print gold at will. My guess is that until that happens, gold is going to be very hard to come by and 500 to 1k an hour is the new norm. But I'm basing this entirely off of my own experiences just after one day of farming.

Is there anyone else out there making the same amount per hour they were in R32?

Pikuko, Anvar, Baalice and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.