Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A question for the power levelers out there...

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Retro, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro

Retro Avatar

What do you think is the optimal experience pool size?

From my own experience, from Adventure Levels 1-62, I didn't really need a pool, only kept around 8-20k...
    However after level 62-63 I'm find my skills are leveling faster if I keep 2-3ook in the pool... (never had over that)

One of my in game friends keeps his pool 750k to 1Mil at all times...seems excessive to me (but what do I knowo_O)

Just wondering :D

Jivalax Azon and 4EverLost like this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

1-2 mil should be ample.

Jivalax Azon, StevieD and Retro like this.
  3. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I've always been curious to understand how keeping points in the pool would, in the long run, cause skills to level faster. It seems logical that regardless of the pool size you can only apply as many XP points to skills as you are earning. Sure you can "hold your breath" and build up a big pool (while not leveling skills) then have a burst where you level a skill(s) but in the end, it seems it would/should be governed by how much XP you are earning.

Dariog, Lord Barugon and Retro like this.
  4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

If you have a friend or guild member with a GM in the skill you want, then saving about 1.5 mil exp will result in 1-100 skill gain faster than you can drink a cup of coffee now for some reason XD (yes we actually tested that).

5. Toff

Toff Avatar

I'm not a power leveler, I don't even know how. I can't keep 5k xp pool. How does one get 1milxp pool saved up? how much game time is that a week? Sooooo many questions on how to level..... I'm confused.

Quenton, Retro and Rilman like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Which is still slower than using up that XP on the skill you're trying to level as you earn the XP.

The optimum pool size is zero, since that XP is doing you no good sitting in a pool.

Bluefire and StevieD like this.
  7. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Ya, I have never understood hamstringing yourself for days only to 'powerlevel' your xp back into skills.

Unless you are focusing on 1-2 specific skills, but once again, you could just have those 2 turned on while gaining 1M xp.

The GM point is quite valid and would make the skill gains quicker.

You do get a larger chunk of xp added per usage when the pool is high, but if you aren't maintaining that pool, xp gains will inevitably scale down.

Low skills don't matter, they take a tiny chunk per use

8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Not true, though i would prefer if it was. It is most noticeable with crafting skills though, can be pretty much shrugged off for most combat skills. But hey play as you like, it's not like there is any rush now persistence is here.

*edit: i never have EVERYTHING locked, just enough so my pool goes up and not down.

Bluefire, Jivalax Azon, Albus and 6 others like this.
  9. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

Large pool size is good for skills that are constrained by materials, such as crafting, taming, and some spells. Everything else it's totally meaningless, but people feel better when there's a complicated process with a series of steps that are individually more manageable.

PrimeRib and Spoon like this.
  10. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Basically locking every single skill just to save exp is kind of wasting time, but locking enough so that your pool does not deplete is saving time. It has actually been like this for a very long time but hidden, which i wrote about in a couple of guides. Only real difference now is that a big scary popup appears when your pool is low.

Balandar, Jivalax Azon, Tahru and 4 others like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It is true. The only time I have ever locked my skills to build up my pool is when I needed to get a blocking skill to 20 or 40. I've also never had a problem maintaining the pool for crafting. BTW, if you craft items one at a time then you'll get those "exceptional" hits which give a lot of bonus experience.

Anyway, you can play however you want, even if it wastes time.

Mitara likes this.
  12. Gix

Gix Avatar

Where the hell are you guys finding 10s of Ks of XP?

I'm struggling to stay near 500 XP.

Quenton and Mitara like this.
  13. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I want to know if the Str/Dex/Int innates are like the taming innates and take a grip of xp at the later levels (50+, cause I stopped at 50). And does having a large pool help level those faster, because when I work on them, they just drag..... Also, I usually keep between 50-100k exp.
    Depends on how many skills you have open (training) and where you are hunting at.

Retro likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Don't worry about the experience pool. Just look at which skills are more important in the short term and lock the skills that are not so important so that the more important skills go up faster.

BiggieD, 4EverLost and EtherBunny like this.
  15. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

You would have GM'd before the first sip had it been training the entire time. Edit: I guess if you could have convinced the GM to party with you the entire time.

Lord Barugon likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The Train Str/Dex/Int take exponentially more experience to raise than other innates and other innates take somewhat more experience to raise than active skills.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  17. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

5 level innate in ranged tree is same crazy as STR DEX INT but gives even less, from 9o to 95 - millions of exp for +0.1 dmg o_O

18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

You can accidentally get skills to 40 or 50, i am talking about skills from level 80 - 120. I have taken a dozen or more skills to GM and beyond using both methods and i can tell you that it is way faster if you keep a decent exp pool. I don't post here much anymore because...well this, but i prefer to actually test things myself before i offer advice to others when it is requested. The OP asked for advice from power-levelers, which is what i am known to be so i answered. No need for troll bait.

Bluefire, Jivalax Azon, Tahru and 6 others like this.
  19. Retro

Retro Avatar

This is what I'm going to go by...thanks

@Themo Lock thanks for the trusted information... (your actually one of the people I was hoping would answer my OP)

Cheers ;)

Tibs, Gaelis, Jivalax Azon and 6 others like this.
  20. Rilman

Rilman Avatar

I've locked things I don't want or need and run with a pool of between 5k-10k. My stun resists and masteries are levelling, pole is almost at mastery and I'm not doing everything twice to spend my points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.