PLEASE REMOVE CATS FROM THE GAME

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon Thrax, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I love people - but slaughtering them and other sentient creatures in SotA is crucial to a healthy game economy. I love bunnies and bears and deer and chickens too. It's because all these people and animals can be looted/harvested that makes me look for a reason why cats are immortal. Dogs, while they can't be looted or harvested - they're targeted and run through and laying in streets everywhere. Keep the cats immortal but tie it to lore. Give them all names and give an equal number of dogs names too and tie it all to lore... hell, make it so they hand out quests! Just don't leave it as is... where dogs can be slaughtered and cats are protected because reasons.

2. moko

moko Avatar

No, please, not the pitiful dying mew again ;_; I don't care about the zombies, make dogs immortal too, but do not harm the poor cats. Look at them, @Duke Avery how can you want to have them removed? ;_;

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

I don't think I can party with a cat killer. /unfriend :(

P.S. Dogs are stupid :p

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Please raise the limit of NPCs on our lots so I can add more cats to mine.

5. Albus

Albus Avatar

More idle animations for cats and other animals :D! On point to the thread, I'd suggest all animals *in towns* be protected by guards and townsfolk, perhaps systems for such varying from town to town to add colour. Dogs, cats, livestock, players should not be able to just slaughter animals *in towns where NPC's live* without consequence. If animals can be slain in towns, there should also be NPC people in towns not immune to attack, but again with consequences for slaying or attacking any living thing in a town (except for things attacking towns during sieges or whatnot, which sounds like a cool feature too when added ;) ).

Meanwhile, in absence of systems with consequence for attacking animals & npc's in towns, it is just at least as realistic to have animals totally immune to attack as opposed to open season for anyone to slay without consequence. Dogs, cats, yes even livestock you do not own should not be just slain without consequence *in towns* as a general rule (with possible exceptions for some special towns with appropriate lore).

6. moko

moko Avatar

Yes, the one/two on my village lot are lonley (one is a ghost due to the happenings in the last week ;_; )

7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Uh oh - you want to bust out the real world on me :D I have a service dog - got him after a 20yr career in the military that ended when I got blown up and had to spend two years in hospitals in and out of surgery and rehab learning how to everything again. Now he's just a loud dog that chases squirrels... but that's really neither here nor there why this all bothers me... It bothers me because its all terribly immersion breaking. It's cool if dogs are slaughtered - just make it so cats can be slaughtered too. If they tied every cat and every dog to lore then maybe I could understand why they're immortal while every other animal in SotA can be harvested/looted... but as it stands - it's unbalanced and it breaks my immersion every time I come across a cat.

moko likes this.
  8. moko

moko Avatar

Aww... I like your dog. But ach, there you go all immersion on me... immersion is such a hard thing to argue as it can be totally opposite things for two persons! I wish there was something, some idea that would make it possible for you to keep your immersion with invincible cats :D

lollie and Duke Avery like this.
  9. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

Or perhaps a new title:

" Pussy Slayer "
    " Master of Pussy "
    " Pussy Pacifier "

What do you recon?

10. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

I think Budner would approve.

Tiki Pirate, lollie and moko like this.
  11. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

This thread has no value. ;) Of course I'm kidding but if I started it @Berek would have closed it by now :D

12. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I love all the kitties.

LoneStranger and lollie like this.
  13. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

This is little more than a rant thread... I expect the devs to do exactly what it is they believe the best course for the game. The favoritism given to cats though is so obvious it's unsettling... The one dog that is invincible is this skinny little thing that just stands on the bridge in Owl's Head with his tongue hanging out of his mouth... and when you interact with him he says"woof?" like he's clueless about what to do... this game not only favors cats over dogs but they do it in a way that just makes dogs look bad.

I didn't expect what was happening this weekend to continue - as ridiculous as it all was my guess is that it was an inside joke between devs more than a show for us... I really expected the recent patch to just normal things up where dogs and cats had equal play in game (read as all critters are fair game)... Now I'm guessing that maybe this all means that SotA just hates dogs... oh well.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Duke Mekong likes this.
  14. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

If I see a cat in game it gets a longsword right up the...

Cats aren't mystical. They eat mice. Vomit them up. Eat them again. Then lick your face.

Duke Avery likes this.
  15. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Can you not farm cats for XP or something? I mean I know the grind is real but come on... =P

16. Numa

Numa Avatar

Must be a bug. Cats are supposed to have 9 lives only :)

Duke Avery likes this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I, for one, welcome our new cat overlords!

18. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Most annoying thing when cats lost immortality was they having 9 PRIVILEGED lives!

I am a bunny lover. My avatar was such an inconsiderate that if i let him with his sword out and walked past a bunny distracted, he would bash the poor thing over its head! Such a d-bag. :mad:

Now okay, dev gods removed his free will power for my sake and cute bunnies were saved... But then cats just didn't properly die! Every time they just bump on the ground and back to life... That was so annoying i started to fireball every kitten i saw repeatedly until his body disappeared from my face! KILL IT WITH FIRE! They say... :confused:

I started to wonder if cats where outlanders themselves. At least the ones i killed that disappeared didn't came back for my relief. I was starting to get nightmares with them.

But now i feel like they got their old privilege back, and that makes me want to bash them even more! Poor little bunnies, having their pelts stolen from them, their bodies to make bunny soup and their heads as trophy. And the darn cats trying to talk to me as an equal. This is ultrageous.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Duke Avery likes this.
  19. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Cats are the best!

Dantuin, moko and LoneStranger like this.
  20. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

There is so much we don't know about The Oracle. Perhaps The Watchers aren't really watching... perhaps their primary job is to put food into bowls around the country for the REAL watchers.

Acred, moko and Duke Avery like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.