Blood River Massacre

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Baba39, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baba39

Baba39 Avatar

I'm at Blood River Massacre, I finally got all the items (mirror, statue and necklace) and I'm trying to talk to Fingers.

I've been following that: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Tutorial/The_Blood_River_Massacre

When I say I have something better "Find something better " "Found something better " he says he's a bit tapped out and that if I have something interesting I should sell it somewhere else.

I'm not capable to get further in the game because of that. And I'm really frustrated.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you only need (any) one of them, not all three. if you already traded one of them in, you're done, that's why he tells you to sell it elsewhere.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Baba39

Baba39 Avatar

I've not traded with him at all. I still have the 3 items in my inventory and the trade window has never appeared on my screen. I had a video on YouTube (from 9 months ago) showing you only needed the statue so I went in the same house and got the statue. And I tried exactly what I said above and got same response from Fingers. When I asked in Discord they said he probably said that because there are 3 items we need to find, a mirror and a necklace as well, not just the statue, and that the statue was not the item he wanted, so I had to look for the other 2, and I managed to get the necklace yesterday and the mirror this morning. So now I have all 3 items.

And the dagger is not in my inventory.

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I feel ya man.
    The tutorial is awful. I dont know why its so difficult sometimes, but ive had buddies simply get stuck and end up not playing because of it. And its a shame, its easily the worst part of the game.

The only thing i can suggest is make sure you have checked EVERY dialog option, and that you dont let it turn you off, it really is just a terrible introduction to the game.
    wish i could help. but a LONG time since ive gone through it.

5. Baba39

Baba39 Avatar

The bard Edvar tells me I should get the dagger before the scavengers take it, so how do I get out?

6. Mata

Mata Avatar

7. Baba39

Baba39 Avatar

All my journal says "This is a weird place. I need to get out of here."

Also, Fingers never mention anything about a dagger. The only one who talks about it is the bard.

8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

They should have just given us an option to beat the guy up to get the dagger.

Baba39 likes this.
  9. Baba39

Baba39 Avatar

Or pick-pocket him.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I know the quest lines are not always doable. It is best to call out to the expert developer on this so just ask @Lum the Mad in regards to this. He will know. Ahhh and don't get frustrated Baba39 this game and quest lines are not at all complete or polished. If you run into a brick wall always consider is it a bug or is this quest not completed yet? So you would get frustrated if you think otherwise. I have done a few in the past but mostly I do other things for the moment. ;) *cheers* and welcome Baba39. :)

11. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@Baba39
    You may have run into a bug. I don't know if you can log out and back into the starter scene without having to start all over again in the Isle of Storms.

However, I never had any problems getting Fingers to open the trade window just by clicking on all the underlined words in his dialogue. There is something, however, that is easy to overlook: Once the trade window opens, at the top of the trade window it actually tells you what Fingers wants you to give him (either the statue, the necklace or the mirror). If you give him all three, or one that isn't the one he wants, the trade won't work. At least that is the way it worked when I created my new character in R32.

12. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Blood River has changed since the walk throughs were made. Did you talk to the elf child? Did you follow the advice that pops up while you walk around town? The dagger is on a desk in a small house.

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.