Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Abusing the hell out of control point loot chests

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Waxillium, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

It's a thing. You can literally do it naked. Boring. Lame. Economy flooding for no reason.

Solution 1: The lockpicking skill.

Solution 2: Only people doing damage to the control point spawn can loot (Total party damage vs CP spawn so healers don't get locked out).

Solution 3: CPs with chests are party only zones. CPs without chests but have some reason to exist? are MPO.

Solution 4: Chests are pure gold and auto divide by party members. Make one chest. It respawns and can only be looted by the party doing the most exp.

It's so broken.

@Chris @DarkStarr

2. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I really like the Lock Picking skill idea. It worked in UO. And set it at % chance of successful pick depending on skill level.
    The other 3 are good as well.

Leelu and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  3. Uncle Sven

Uncle Sven Avatar

What do you see as the problem? The desired result was more people playing in Multi. That goal has been achieved, yes? Where is the "abuse"?

4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Need to check if you're joking or not before I can reply!

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Havnt played with CP's as much as id like past the first few waves.
    Chests up to wave 4 were pretty mcuh.. ignorable IMO ? Has this changed?
    We used to run it to wave 4, and then let it reset.. (were weak ) and ended up just skipping chests due to them not being worth the hassle?

6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

You can set a 3 min timer and grind all five chests uninterrupted if someone else holds the point.

15k/hr ish

7. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Didn't they say there was a fix incoming next release?

8. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

So the exploit of the mechanics is that the CP's can be farmed in SPO without competition? I'm just trying to understand. (haven't messed with CPs since before persistence)

9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

No it's farmed in MPO. 5-8 people hold the control point. As many randoms that fit in the scene loot the chests while they do it.

Glad to hear a fix is coming.

Another solution is that the chests would be on a global timer and not a player timer (chests respawn 3 min after you loot). If it was on a global timer it could coincide with a wave of mobs spawning at the five chest locations. Instead of running to the CP the mob AI should be to defend the chests first then go clear the flag.

10. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

If im not mistaken arent the control points the hardest content currently in game? My understanding is holding them isnt easy and you need a group of high leveled players to do so.

11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

If you were in the top 5% of the player base wouldn't you just hold the control point by yourself?

Yes. The issue @Kvow Triumvir has is that while a group of high levelled players is holding the point then, in multi-player, any random player can wander in and loot the chests.

12. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I think our economy has this issue and not me. 10+ people bringing in 150k into the economy per hour seems harmful.

13. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

In my experience, Vertas spawns so quickly that the group actually holding the point does not have time to loot the chests before the next wave hits.

14. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

We take it in turns, one player loots at a time. If we wipe out while someone is looting then we know we're not strong enough and just farm the XP.

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Or you just try to find friends to do them with you!
    I know it's anathema to you but did you ever try it ? :rolleyes::p

16. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Disclaimer: I do run control points and I'll continue to do that. I do believe control points should be held. I tried looting for an hour but it just leaves a bit of an ick factor for me. I don't care to judge anyone on a personal level for doing it. Just thinking for the longterm of the game vs. the short term gain. Pressing the easy button and getting free loot should not be in the game.

Tamsen and Scanphor like this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Oh I wish that would be true because then vendors would finally start selling something....

18. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Anybody can do it. You dont even have to be of any level....a rank level 1 can do it.

Just go to a popular control point and if you see a row of ? ? ? ? ? ? in the zone, then they are busy getting exp.

While they are getting exp, you walk from chest to chest and loot them. The mobs wont attack you, they swarm the control point...and the group fighting on the control point are there for the exp, and as was pointed out earlier...unable to loot because the waves are every 20 seconds.

You dont even have to know the people doing the control point....no need to talk to them or anything. You dont need permission...it is easier then chopping down a tree or mining ore. Just have to be in MPO (obviously).

You will get about 25k gold in stuff you can vendor in about an hour of running around. RISK FREE

And best of all....it was designed to be this way.

The only real obstacle is the scene will only allow so many people in it before spawning a new one along with the usual lag you get from too many people in one scene.

19. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

A level 1 avatar will die getting to and from the control point, the mobs in the zone will be too strong, especially on the way out when encumbered. At level 1 that won't have much of an impact, of course.

I thought the original plan was that if players held the control point then everyone else would be able to pass through it on the overland map?

Does anyone have a link to where this was said? I was thinking about this last night and I couldn't think of a way of fixing it without making CPs solo/party only.

20. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Fix "what"? Us the players can fix it by ourselves, no need to cry for mom to workout a fix. Just let one of the group loot the chests and all is fixed.

Net and Hermetic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.