Spring 2017 Telethon Tribute to "Scottie" on his R38 work on Xenos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mad Hatter, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the many messages about the presentation and tribute to @Scottie.

For those that would like to see it again (just the video) please see the video here on YouTube:

Thanks Scottie!!!!

-MH

Hazard, licemeat, smack and 27 others like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Scottie does amazing work.
    My thanks as well, Scottie.... ;)

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It was so touching. Thanks Mad Hatter for the presentation. I think Scottie is the best guy. :) well and you are ok too j/k ;). I just thought the 'keys' were so gorgeous and such a wonderful tribute.:)

4. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Thanks for uploading the video. I had work commitments so this highlight is much appreciated. :)

Also yeah, I can spend a lot of time just wandering around Xenos. Beautiful location.

5. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Wow nice video! You got some sweet panoramas.

6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Great work, video, keys and hat!

7. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Wonderful work. Thanks for the video, it's appreciated.

8. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

9. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

This was good stuff last night! Long live the Scottie!

11. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

Majoria... thanks for the kind words, @Scottie deserved it and I absolutely enjoyed doing the project for him... it was the least I could do!!!

And DanicingShade... if you get time please visit the YouTube video of the live feed to hear Scottie give the narration... The time was around 10:00pm CST (and many many drinks prior to going live (speaking for myself))

Do know Thwip... the game is absolutely amazing looking with such a wide angle viewing angle using 3 monitors!!!! If possible a must have!!!!

Haha love the hat myself ( @matpsch is new proud owner )... Thanks my Friend!!! Glad you enjoyed it!!!

Absolutely my pleasure... it was fun to create and was really limited on time I had to put it together!!!!

Thex... No THANK YOU!!!! True friend!!!!

Tea for you K1000... my Xenos resident!!!! Thanks!!!

Exactly Correct... Long live the @Scottie

Rest assure its a tribute to all World Builders and @Hutch and entire team @DarkStarr @Lord British @Berek ... Thanks YOU!!!!!

12. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

Allow me the honor of chiming in here to say thanks SO much, yet again, for that touching tribute to the city and the amazing effort put into those keys...

Starr and I talked a bit after, and we both agreed that those keys are certainly the most amazing things we've ever received as thanks for our efforts in the gaming industry... It made us both feel honored and humbled by your act of generosity, especially since it represented the same degree of passion and creativity on your side as you indicated you were thanking us for...

This was apparent in every detail of those wonderful gifts... The thought, planning, and execution that went into their creation was both impressive and heartwarming to a degree that caused tears to well up in both of our eyes... I was in blissful shock when I realized what I was seeing in the demonstration of their creation you put together, and when Starr and I locked eyes as he received his, I nearly cried when I saw his own barely-held-back tears... "Verklempt" was the word Starr used, and he absolutely meant it... Starr doesn't just break out the Yiddish for no good reason, and I barely had words to do justice to the honor I felt in receiving mine, my friend...

I know I've said this before...but having worked in an industry that, for so long, allowed us no real interaction with the public who would eventually enjoy our work on the games they played, essentially confined to a level of secrecy that would conceal and preserve the details of the product until final release,...having the chance to receive such an incredible token of your appreciation for what we do was overwhelmingly meaningful and rare for us... And the fact that it came from outside of any company, from a fan of the game recognizing specific works, made this something to be treasured for a lifetime, beyond the confines of a specific game or even a career... This is a personal treasure, and I deeply thank you for it... THIS is the real reason I make games, not for the material gain, but for examples like this, which indicate that what I do ACTUALLY helps people find enrichment, fun, and joy...

And allow me to say that selfless, generous acts like THESE are what set this community apart from so many others... The love and appreciation that manifests in ways like this, the support and encouragement received by the many folks who have visited us through this process, who offer their services and time as community leaders and helpers, who buy the crazy stuff we make and enrich the game world in ways we never imagined, who offer us the love that is food and drink, assisted us with tech during events like the one last night,...heck,...even throw PARTIES for us because they know we're trying to save the money they give us to make sure we can make a game we hope they'll adore,...and of course, folks like yourself who craft works of appreciative art to communicate their love of what we do...these things are what make it so much of an honor for us to be building worlds for you... These are the kinds of things that make you all heroes to us, both in-game, and out of game... This gift, Hatter, is like a shining ambassador for that same giving quality that has kept our enthusiasm and drive going on this project for these several years of production...

For this, I can speak for myself, Starr, and everyone on the team when I say,....we couldn't have done this without people like yourself...

Thanks again, Mad Hatter, for this dazzling reminder of the real reason I love doing what I do....

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm extremely impressed with this video, and agree that Scottie, Starr, and the rest of the team are well deserving of all the phrase.

Two things I mentioned in discord chat that I hope will be considered by the team:
    1. Please put this video on Steam. I think it represents what this game and this community is all about. Consider having Scottie create a voice over for some of the scenes to describe what he was thinking and how all the cloned towns are getting this type of love, slowly but surly.
    2. I think Mad Hatter should get an honorary unique title of "Mayor of Xenos" for his contributions both in and out of the game.

@DarkStarr
    @Berek

DancingShade, Hazard, smack and 7 others like this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Having seen his looooooong list of world builder bug reports I have only one question...
    Where do I sign?

smack, Bow Vale, Mad Hatter and 5 others like this.
  15. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

I would like to cast my vote for Mad Hatter as "Mayor of Xenos" as well!

smack, Bow Vale, Mad Hatter and 4 others like this.
  16. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Those are both GREAT ideas Baron!!!

17. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

By the way,...I watched this video again yesterday so I could show it to my house-mate Raymond (that fellow you met, Hatter, suffering from vertigo when you visited my house), and both he and I agreed that the music you picked was WONDERFUL!!! I really wish we could have found a way to have allowed for that during the telethon... When I run role-playing games,...I LOVE to play background theme music to add life to a scene I'm describing, so watching videos like this with really good musical accompaniment really enhances the experience! Hopefully Portalarium can eventually get its hands on some good, atmospheric Greco/Roman-themed background music to go with Xenos, and all other cool scenes in Elysium...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  18. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

Many thanks Scottie for noting the music :)
    That would be truly amazing and would welcome that with open arms... If I can help contribute to this in any fashion, please let me know!!!
    Absolutely very nice words/gesture of you Baron Drocis and thanks :)
    Thanks Spoon... I must say... I thought the World Builders were going to throw me out the window when I visit their office last week LOL... instead they welcomed me with open arms and thanked me for my commitment. Great group of folks there at Portalarium!!!
    Don't think I can thank you enough Mr. Glantor for everything!!!

DancingShade, smack, Bow Vale and 2 others like this.
  19. mike11

mike11 Avatar

those sure are wide screen shots... is that multi-monitor?

20. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

Hello @mike11

Yes it is three 27 inch monitors running @ 7680x1440 @ 144Hz

In photo below are 2 computer systems... Top on is a Single monitor ( 32 inch ) and other system is Surround ( 3 x 27 inch). 2 different account standing on top of each other to get a better perspective view of what a Surround System is possible of.

[​IMG]

Photo was taken awhile ago (Late R20's)

Thanks,

-MH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.